Overexposed pictures in new 360 pano mode. Anyone have that too?
12Next >
6336 74 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_i5YwPPW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87851 ft
Netherlands

I tried the new DJI 360 pano in auto exposure RAW+JPG on a non sunny day. In the 360 pano I got all overexposed pictures, in a other pano, a non 360 pano I got correct exposed pictures with the SAME settings. Anyone have that too? I had zebra stripes ON and the starting exposure was correct, without zebra stripes. I did not try to stich, I just looked at the pictures. They are totally over exposed.

2017-11-30.png
the 34 picures in the 360 pano mode

2017-11-30 (1).png
The 9 picures in a other pano mode with same settings.

2017-11-30
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had similar results to yours, 360 sphere significantly over exposed.
2017-11-30
Use props
mtgscouser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358 ft
United Kingdom

Yes me see attached photo its like it takes them too fast and doesn't have time to focus.
IMG_20171130_181913_534.jpg
2017-11-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Same here. I think the problem is that the photos are taken too quickly to allow the AE to find the right exposure levels before moving on to the next shot. Hangar 360 allows some time between takes for things to settle in, and I expect we'll see an update that addresses this shortly -- at least, we will if we all go and complain via the Go 4 feedback channel.  ;)
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, could you please provide me with the original pics for 360 pano? Please upload to Dropbox and paste the link here, will help to forward to our engineers to check. Thanks.
2017-12-1
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-1 00:14
Hi there, could you please provide me with the original pics for 360 pano? Please upload to Dropbox and paste the link here, will help to forward to our engineers to check. Thanks.

if you let the app stitch the sphere photo the result is only 1.40mb why am I doing something wrong?? The quality of the photo sphere seen in the Go4 App is very poor... i'm on android s7 edge
2017-12-1
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, also getting the same results in sphere. You can probably save the pano by working with the RAW images, but clearly they should be better exposed at the time of taking. I was surprised how quickly they are taken in comparison to Litchi which seems to take its time (and do a good job)
2017-12-1
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Are any of you with the problem taping the screen to focus before using pano mode? The app tells you to do it right after you start it up. Maybe that will help? Just a guess.
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_CXijsR6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134987 ft
Kenya

hi same same problem over over exposed.....
2017-12-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2017-12-1 04:36
Are any of you with the problem taping the screen to focus before using pano mode? The app tells you to do it right after you start it up. Maybe that will help? Just a guess.

Shouldn't make a difference except potentially in focus -- I can see AE adjusting, but the shutter trips before AE gets a good exposure level.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

J.T. Posted at 2017-12-1 02:06
if you let the app stitch the sphere photo the result is only 1.40mb why am I doing something wrong?? The quality of the photo sphere seen in the Go4 App is very poor... i'm on android s7 edge

The size of the image depends on many factors. Please try to link the drone and download the original version of the pano. Or you can upload to Pixelsky and PM me the link, I will help to check.
2017-12-2
Use props
mtgscouser
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Dji please fix this option, it's one of the best things about the mavic. The camera definitely needs to take the pics slower.
IMG_20171203_142313_864.jpg
2017-12-3
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

On the spark AE is locked when shooting the pano's.
Also a 1 second delay between the photo's taken is desirable, you can do a manual focus too on each photo before shooting.(like litchi). example:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ktiJ9LVRw5b0I5eGlTME1QeTQ
2017-12-3
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

I have done at least 10 360 panos so far and they were exposed fine but the one i took yesterday was so overexposed its useless. Normal sunny conditions facing away from the sun.
2017-12-3
Use props
Peterev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1785387 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here, really over exposed sphere panos but all the others are fine..
This is a 180 which was fine, I binned all the spheres..
2017-12-3
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I tried a 360 pano today and bits of it were overexposed - but not all the pictures. It appears the overexposed shots made it hard to stitch together.

I used DJI Media Maker and the end result looks better. However, I can't upload it to SkyPixel because it's not 2:1 ratio.

2017-12-3
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I had this too. I assume it tries to set a base exposure on the first shot, and if the first shot is the ground its likely to be over exposed.
2017-12-3
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-2 22:48
The size of the image depends on many factors. Please try to link the drone and download the original version of the pano. Or you can upload to Pixelsky and PM me the link, I will help to check.

I've sent you a private message
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

J.T. Posted at 2017-12-4 05:07
I've sent you a private message

Hi J.T., thank you so much for sending me the link. Have you tried to shot it in a good light condition? The sphere should be stitched on the app and can be shared to Skypixed directly. For your case, it would be nice if you can provide me with the original pics of this pano from the SD to Dropbox, and help to name the mobile device and app you are using, will help to check. Thank you so much.
2017-12-4
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 19:07
Hi J.T., thank you so much for sending me the link. Have you tried to shot it in a good light condition? The sphere should be stitched on the app and can be shared to Skypixed directly. For your case, it would be nice if you can provide me with the original pics of this pano from the SD to Dropbox, and help to name the mobile device and app you are using, will help to check. Thank you so much.

As you request this whas taken in very good light condition   and this one too but the quality of the two photos stitched within the Go4 app remain very poor, the first image is only 1.37Mb and the second is only 1,63Mb.
I've taken the foto with pano sphere mode on jpeg all other settings in auto on an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and then stitched connectet with the mavic pro on the ground at the end of the flight
On the dropbox you need all the 34 photos or only the final result?
2017-12-5
Use props
Aaronjc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1194134 ft
Taiwan

dear Thor:
                    In the 360 pano, I  also got all overexposed pictures, could you help us ?
                     here are download link , https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... wObfWgy?usp=sharing
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

J.T. Posted at 2017-12-5 01:34
As you request this whas taken in very good light condition https://www.skypixel.com/photos/ ... &utm_campaign=share  and this one https://www.skypixel.com/photos/ ... &utm_campaign=share too but the quality of the two photos stitched within the Go4 app remain very poor, the first image is only 1.37Mb and the second is only 1,63Mb.
I've taken the foto with pano sphere mode on jpeg all other settings in auto on an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and then stitched connectet with the mavic pro on the ground at the end of the flight
On the dropbox you need all the 34 photos or only the final result?

Noted with thanks. Will forward to our engineers to confirm. For the original pictures, if it is possible, I would need all 34 pics and there will only be 34 without stitching on the SD card. Thank you again.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, the overexposure Sphere might because the all the EV of the pictures are depending on the first shot, so you can try to adjust the drone's direction to the start the shooting, or you can manually adjust the EV or shutter speed to the suitable one before you start it. See if it helps.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Aaronjc Posted at 2017-12-5 02:15
dear Thor:
                    In the 360 pano, I  also got all overexposed pictures, could you help us ?
                     here are download link , https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TzaVVn8ce66-vguoyiwOXEHffwObfWgy?usp=sharing

Hi sir, I have an update for this issue, please refer to my reply on 23#, see if it helps.
2017-12-6
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-6 04:17
Noted with thanks. Will forward to our engineers to confirm. For the original pictures, if it is possible, I would need all 34 pics and there will only be 34 without stitching on the SD card. Thank you again.

I've send you a private message with the dropbox link to the original photos
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

J.T. Posted at 2017-12-7 02:26
I've send you a private message with the dropbox link to the original photos

Hi sir, got your PM and it is confirmed normal. Please note that when you use the stitch function on the DJI GO 4 app, the size of the Sphere pano is depended on the details of the image, and the pixel might be not very good. So you can try to use other professional edit softwares to stitch the pano. Thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I have two that seem ok, didn't try anything fancy, used a ND4/PL filter.

2017-12-8
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-7 22:53
Hi sir, got your PM and it is confirmed normal. Please note that when you use the stitch function on the DJI GO 4 app, the size of the Sphere pano is depended on the details of the image, and the pixel might be not very good. So you can try to use other professional edit softwares to stitch the pano. Thank you.

Ok got it thx for the investigation and explanation!!
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

J.T. Posted at 2017-12-11 06:07
Ok got it thx for the investigation and explanation!!

You are welcome, I am sorry for not helping much with it. But hope you can make more works that you are satisfied with.
2017-12-11
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mtgscouser Posted at 2017-12-3 06:33
Dji please fix this option, it's one of the best things about the mavic. The camera definitely needs to take the pics slower.

Love this one. Nice and even. Well composed and shame about the OE images.
2017-12-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
China

I got the same problems with over expo, but since so many people compliant about it.  I don’t bother to upload anymore photos.  
I agree with Ex Machina.  The pano action is way too quick .... at least compare to Spark and Litchi do way better job.
2017-12-11
Use props
mtgscouser
lvl.3
United Kingdom

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-12-11 21:45
Love this one. Nice and even. Well composed and shame about the OE images.

Thanks mate, yeah I hope they sort the oe.
2017-12-13
Use props
mtgscouser
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Still no updates, cmon DJI what's happening with this please ??
20171218_171110.JPG
20171218_171215.JPG
2017-12-18
Use props
fansf5a0ef5f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427592 ft
France

Hi, same here. Even when setting exposure on -1, most of my panoramas came out overexposed. I'm usinv an ND16 filter on sunny days. I had to try multiple times to get a good panorama. I share ghe thought that pictures are taken too fast and the camera does not hqve the time to adapt fast enough. I will probably switch back to Litchi, which I was using with my Phantom 3.
2018-1-7
Use props
pmiles61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138806 ft
  • >>>
United States

The over exposure is caused by two things. 1. The speed at which each picture is taken and 2. The order. Dji takes the pictures in a vertical order, unlike litchi. Which means it points at the bright sky then the not so bright horizon and if you are over something like water the bright ground. This range of contrast combined with speed causes over exposure. Both can easily be fixed by DJI and if and when they do you will have great sphere photos. Until then try the litchi app
2018-1-25
Use props
Peter van Dijck
lvl.1
Netherlands

@ DJI Thor:
When I made the 360 with over exposed pictures the setting for the photo's was set to auto. I did start away from the sun, with no overexposed screen. I did have a exposure graph on screen so I could check every picture if the graph would tell me overexposure. For every picture it took, the graph was correct, so technically NO over exposure on the moment of capturing it seems. On the sdcard however, all are overexposed. Even on days without any sun.
I solved it now by setting the pictures in manual mode now. BUT what I see there as well is the following: I start away from the sun. I set my EV at 0. Start the 360 pano. It does not stay at the 0EV, but for all puctures it is set to -2EV. That result is good enough in result to correct in post. I will put some of the pano's in a Onedrive with link, I do not use dropbox
2018-1-25
Use props
Peter van Dijck
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-1 00:14

@ DJI Thor:
When I made the 360 with over exposed pictures the setting for the photo's was set to auto. I did start away from the sun, with no overexposed screen. I did have a exposure graph on screen so I could check every picture if the graph would tell me overexposure. For every picture it took, the graph was correct, so technically NO over exposure on the moment of capturing it seems. On the sdcard however, all are overexposed. Even on days without any sun.
I solved it now by setting the pictures in manual mode now. BUT what I see there as well is the following: I start away from the sun. I set my EV at 0. Start the 360 pano. It does not stay at the 0EV, but for all puctures it is set to -2EV. That result is good enough in result to correct in post. I will put some of the pano's in a Onedrive with link, I do not use dropbox.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoUPu2Klmut8iLY7PnC8arsNxHnDPg
2018-1-25
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

mtgscouser Posted at 2017-11-30 10:31
Yes me see attached photo its like it takes them too fast and doesn't have time to focus.

cool image but I agree with the over exposure and focus
2018-1-25
Use props
ddodell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2546476 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just sent a ticket into DJI support, since I'm having the same problem .... but don't have the problem in Litchi

See difference:

DJI 4 Overexposure

360 Taken With Litchi

After a few back and forth emails, they claim that

(1) There is no bug in the software
(2) They want me to send my unit in.

I'm leary of doing this, considering how many other people are having the same problem.

I'll send the link to this thread to support and see what their answer is.

David
2018-2-4
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

ddodell Posted at 2018-2-4 13:29
I just sent a ticket into DJI support, since I'm having the same problem .... but don't have the problem in Litchi

See difference:

Where both panos taken the same time? Looks like Litchi can do the job better.
Did you use the same program for finishing both?
2018-2-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules