Battery problems, phone help very rude
882 13 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans58452adf
lvl.1
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba

Bought the Phantom 4 pro, 3 batteries and the 3 bay charger about 4 months ago. All worked great, until I put all 3 batteries in the 3 bay at storage mode because I was not using them for the next month. Now I want try to charge the batteries for an upcoming job, I switched the switch from storage back to charging on the 3 bay charger and only one battery charged. The other two are not charging. I waited 24 hours and nothing. The LED from the batteries are blinking fast, faster than when the charge, and it is only one LED that is blinking.

The I called customer help and they tell me the batteries are over overcharged ????? Before I called I put the batteries in the drone and the remote stated the batteries are 10 and 12%. I asked the guy on the phone if he knows what he was talking about (overcharged in storage mode??) and he just disconnected me, unbelievable. After calling again i was told the batteries are under charged?? Now i am losing it. DJI recommends to store the batteries in the 3 bay charger in storage mode, and now they are undercharged? There is nothing they can do and I have to send the batteries back to DJI. I just cannot believe this. Now I got connected to the 3 person how surpassingly is an expert, told him the same over again and I got disconnected again! Wow, can it cet worse?
2017-11-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI, like many other companies, employ untrained fools in a call centre, probably in some poor-as-dirt country to front their support line. These people know absolutely nothing about the product and fish out answers from a provided script.

Don't use the charging cradle, take the batteries, one at a time, and charge them individually. If they won't charge, try switching the battery on, then connect the charging lead direct to the battery.

2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, I'm sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you tell us your phone number when you contacted the Phone Support? We'll investigate and check the exact status.

As for the battery, is there any error message in APP? Please try to use the original charger to see whether they are charged properly. Also, please kindly offer a short video for better assistance. Thanks so much!
2017-12-1
Use props
fans58452adf
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 00:51
Sir, I'm sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you tell us your phone number when you contacted the Phone Support? We'll investigate and check the exact status.

As for the battery, is there any error message in APP? Please try to use the original charger to see whether they are charged properly. Also, please kindly offer a short video for better assistance. Thanks so much!

submit a video where?
I never received a case number, they just ask for my first name and that is it.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans58452adf Posted at 2017-12-1 08:45
submit a video where?
I never received a case number, they just ask for my first name and that is it.

For a video submission, it would be appreciated to upload it to a file sharing site like Dropbox and paste the link in the email. Given your location, support.us@dji.com would be the best email to send it to and they can get a case started for you as well.
2017-12-1
Use props
fans58452adf
lvl.1

Update, one of the two batteries who did not work seems to work again? However it does not indicate that it is charging when you connect the charger, but it does charge. During charging the LED should indicate how far the battery is charged, like one LED on and the other 3 climbing up when it is empty (25% or less), and for instance 3 LED burning and the fourth blinking (75% or more), none of the batteries are doing this anymore. I wonder what the 3 bay did to the batteries in storage mode. I will never use it again. It messed up $540 worth of batteries, I am very upset about this.  
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans58452adf Posted at 2017-12-4 07:00
Update, one of the two batteries who did not work seems to work again? However it does not indicate that it is charging when you connect the charger, but it does charge. During charging the LED should indicate how far the battery is charged, like one LED on and the other 3 climbing up when it is empty (25% or less), and for instance 3 LED burning and the fourth blinking (75% or more), none of the batteries are doing this anymore. I wonder what the 3 bay did to the batteries in storage mode. I will never use it again. It messed up $540 worth of batteries, I am very upset about this.

Thanks for getting back to us. It looks strange according to your description...Have you send an email with the video to support as Jamie mentioned? If yes, please kindly offer the ticket number or email address, we'd like help you.
2017-12-4
Use props
fans58452adf
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-4 20:04
Thanks for getting back to us. It looks strange according to your description...Have you send an email with the video to support as Jamie mentioned? If yes, please kindly offer the ticket number or email address, we'd like help you.

I send an email, no response? I send the requested video via "We Transfer", no response. This is getting worse by the day, I am beginning to regret buying DJI.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans58452adf Posted at 2017-12-5 05:11
I send an email, no response? I send the requested video via "We Transfer", no response. This is getting worse by the day, I am beginning to regret buying DJI.

Sir, I've received your message in PM, thanks! Per the info you offered, we managed to find the email and the support has replied you, please check. Also, there is only purchase invoice, we do not find any video. Would you mind to share the link of issue video with us directly? So that we can look into the exact status timely and try our best to help you.
2017-12-5
Use props
fans58452adf
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-5 19:17
Sir, I've received your message in PM, thanks! Per the info you offered, we managed to find the email and the support has replied you, please check. Also, there is only purchase invoice, we do not find any video. Would you mind to share the link of issue video with us directly? So that we can look into the exact status timely and try our best to help you.

I am trying to reach out but my email are bouncing back, there is something wrong with the email address
2017-12-8
Use props
fans58452adf
lvl.1

fans58452adf Posted at 2017-12-8 04:58
I am trying to reach out but my email are bouncing back, there is something wrong with the email address

support.us@dji.com is not working, I called my IT manager, he confirmed the mails are delivered but the DJI server bounces them back.
2017-12-8
Use props
fans58452adf
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-12-1 16:15
For a video submission, it would be appreciated to upload it to a file sharing site like Dropbox and paste the link in the email. Given your location,  would be the best email to send it to and they can get a case started for you as well.

this email does not work??
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans58452adf Posted at 2017-12-8 09:47

Hi sir, may I know your email address so I can help to check if we have received the email? And could you please try to change another email address to send the email or try to send it to support@dji.com? Thank you.
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans58452adf Posted at 2017-12-8 09:47

Sorry for the late response. I just checked and found the email the supervisor sent to you yesterday. Do you receive it? If not, please kindly offer the screenshot of error message when you send email to us, we'll investigate this. As for the video, you can upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and share us the link directly, we'll double check with our engineers.
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules