Osmo Mobile Battery issue (battery dead, charge 1 sec and it is ok)
7291 13 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbdfec968
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

Hi guys,

I just bought the DJI OSMO Mobile (on Black Friday) and here is the issue.

After unboxing and before first use, I put it on charge (I am always reading the manual before I use something and it was written that I should fully charge the battery before first use and activate it).

After only 1h with 1A charger I got Green Led Solid.

I read in the manual that it needs around 3hours with 1A charger. Thought that the battery wasn't totally empty from the box and that's why within 1h with 1A charger it was fully charged..

Open the OSMO, and start to learn how to use it.

Next day, it could not connect to the phone, I was getting Red flashing Led, that means battery is dead.

So I put it on charge and again 1 hour later it was ready (Green Led Solid).

That made me wonder how from empty went to fulll charge only in 1h with 1A charger.

Anyway, I start using it, everything was ok.

Next day, the same again. Could not connect to the phone. Red Led flashing.

But this time I remembered that it had 37% of the battery from the previous day.

So, I only charge it for 1 sec, and then remove the charger. When it was connected to the phone, I was getting the 37% that I remember from previous day.

So, OSMO Mobiles one day turns off (RED blinking), charge for 1 sec, and it works showing the actual battery percentage.  

Can you please advice what is the solution to this issue?

2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Red led flash means that osmo mobile is in low battery. Did you try to charge your battery with charger? Please try to wipe the copper sheet with 95% alcohol cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry before turn on the battery. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab. Keep us updated, if the problem exists.
2017-12-1
Use props
fansbdfec968
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

No, I didn't try to charge it with a charger (I still don't own one).
I will clean the copper as advised and let you know in a couple of days.
2017-12-1
Use props
fansf1c70162
lvl.1
France

I have the exact same problem. Just plugging in and removing the charging cable allow the recovery of the  remaning left over. I observed that this append often when using the timelapse or the motion timelapse function without knowing if there is a link.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansbdfec968 Posted at 2017-12-1 10:28
No, I didn't try to charge it with a charger (I still don't own one).
I will clean the copper as advised and let you know in a couple of days.

Please keep us update if it works, thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf1c70162 Posted at 2017-12-5 23:50
I have the exact same problem. Just plugging in and removing the charging cable allow the recovery of the  remaning left over. I observed that this append often when using the timelapse or the motion timelapse function without knowing if there is a link.

Hello, Sir, I don't think they are associated, did you notice how long it will take to fully charge the battery?
2017-12-7
Use props
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I also had the same issue several times. The Osmo mobile is fully charged, and sometimes when I do a panorama photo or even sometimes unexpectedly, the red light start blinking. And as mention before,  just charging the baterry for just a few seconds, the osmo  mobile starts working again for a few hours... ..obviously  keeping my fingers  crossed for not having the issue again meanwhile I am shooting.
2017-12-8
Use props
fansf1c70162
lvl.1
France

I didn’t try to fully charge right away because it worked for sevral minute (maybe an hours or so) after I put the charger plug in. It is very anoying when not having a way to put the charger right a away as the osmo will not work without that.
2017-12-9
Use props
fansbdfec968
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-1 01:07
Hi, sir. Red led flash means that osmo mobile is in low battery. Did you try to charge your battery with charger? Please try to wipe the copper sheet with 95% alcohol cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry before turn on the battery. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab. Keep us updated, if the problem exists.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.
I cleaned the battery contact with alcohol and the first time it went from 100% to 20%, without turning off.
That make me happy.
Then I fully charged the battery and I am getting the same issue but only when battery goes less than 30%. (Before it could happen in the whole scale)
It seems like cleaning the battery contacts improved the situation but was not the solution.

A new symptom that I have now (after cleaning the battery contacts-and probably it is not connected), is that many times when I open the DJI OSMO Mobile and puss the dial in one direction (lets say to the left) the OSMO moves in the completely opposite way (it goes right. And vice versa).
This only happens with left to right and right to left (not with up and down movement).
After a restart, it is working ok.
But it can cost a critical shot.

2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansbdfec968 Posted at 2017-12-15 10:25
Unfortunately, it didn't work.
I cleaned the battery contact with alcohol and the first time it went from 100% to 20%, without turning off.
That make me happy.

Did you have a backup battery? You can check if it was the problem of battery. Also, please enter the gimbal setting and see if you set the right setting.
2017-12-16
Use props
Almost
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

I bough a second battery and a charger.
Problem persists with both batteries.
Osmo mobile can go off and when I plug the powerbank for 1 sec it works for some time.
Contact the point of sale, they said they need to send it back to DJI and it will take them about 3 weeks to replace it.
Since I have only use it for couple of hours, I am not willing to receive a refurbished one as a replacement from DJI.
So, do you have any solution to this issue or replacement with a refurbished is the only way to go?
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Almost Posted at 2018-4-5 13:22
I bough a second battery and a charger.
Problem persists with both batteries.
Osmo mobile can go off and when I plug the powerbank for 1 sec it works for some time.

If the issue persists, we recommend to send in for further evaluation too including the charging cable and the battery, our repair team will help to locate the problem and help you out.
2018-4-8
Use props
apforsyth
New
Flight distance : 1936919 ft

Australia

Thank you DJI Mindy for confirming DJI can look into this issue!  Can we send direct to DJI?  I have had the same problem since I bought the first gen version from https://www.camzilla.com.au/form/contact-us/
The battery was always problematic to charge.  Camzilla charges $60 to process the repair, plus parts, but they say it may not be worth repair and I should buy OSMO Mobile v3 for A$159.  Is it worth repairing the V1 battery?

Kind regards,

Andrew Forsyth
2019-8-15
Use props
agracadabra
lvl.1
India

My 2-year-old DJI Mobile is refusing to charge. The battery system led keeps showing pulsing red light even after hours of charging. when I unplug the charger the battery goes totally dead and the mobile doesn't turn on. Please help. I hadn't been using the Osmo for long and I had left the battery inside.
2020-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules