1185 7 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

From the Video of DJI, I need to put adhesive before screwing.

Is that really needed ? what kind of adhesive ?  is the threadlocker 242 enough ?

I see the screws has blue paints on it ...

Pls advise ..
2017-11-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like DJI is recommending this thread locker on the Inspire 1 listing below: But, you need to use a good quality product and I used Loctite 243 and bought it from Amazon before DJI was selling this item. I had great luck with Loctite 243 and it is still flying today!  

Rich
Amazon listing 243
DJI Link
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Sector. Please put adhesive before screwing and I would recommend you the threadlocker 263. Any problem, please feel free to ask for help.
2017-11-30
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The blue paint is actually Thread Locker. Never use a Red Thread Locker. The red locker is pretty much permanent and requires a lot of heat to break it loose and therefore melting any plastic parts. I had aninstance a while back with some sights that the party had used the red loctite and I ended up having to drill out the screws.
2017-12-1
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Is this Ok
2017-12-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Regarding Loctite #243, here is the quote off their Technical Data Sheet (Link: Loctite 243 Technical Data Sheet Top of page 3):

"This product is not normally recommended for use on plastics (particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result).  Users are recommended to confirm compatibility of the product with such substrates."

Motorcycles have exhibited cracked windshields where the #243 outgassing crazes and eventually leads to broken windshields.  Why DJI promotes it, unless all metal is involved since it was intended as a metal-to-metal adhesive, is disturbing.

The correct Loctite is #245 which is safe for around plastic:  http://na.henkel-adhesives.com/p ... odeid=8797887234049   A few better hobby shops carry it and know about it among their RC crowd.

As to Permatex Medium Strength Threadlocker in blue bottle above, same thing as #243 on their TDS (Link: https://441py33rout1ptjxn2lupv31 ... _docs/tds/24200.pdf  Page 2, right side.):

"This product is not normally recommended for use on plastics (particularly  thermoplastic  materials  where  stress  cracking of the plastic could  result).  It is recommended to confirm compatibility of the product with such substrates."

Please use the right stuff or risk cracks around plastic!  DJI take note too as there have been enough cracks with the Phantoms and possibly incorrect and overuse of it there.
2017-12-1
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

is the Inspire 1345LS Prop upgrade mounts are metal or plastics ?
2017-12-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

SectorDrone Posted at 2017-12-6 19:48
is the Inspire 1345LS Prop upgrade mounts are metal or plastics ?

The screws are mounted into the metal motor cases. The 1345LS has both plastic and metal parts. I used the Loctite 243 before DJI was selling any. I used it very sparingly on the screws and did not get any Loctite on the plastic.

So if you are worried, buy the one offered by DJI, they recommend 243 and this way you shouldn't have any problems

https://store.dji.com/product/inspire-1-mid-strength-threadlocker

totally up to you, the most important thing is not to use to much Loctite on the screws. I put a small amount on a toothpick and applied it into the screw holes on the motor case. This was it will not get on the plastic parts during assembly.

Rich
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules