Strange exposure bracketing in Pilot app
844 2 2015-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Voltago
New

Germany

I tried some AEB shots myself and noticed a very unusual behavior of the app. Instead of using several exposure times (like DLSRs do) the app used different ISO values - which in my opinion is nonsense. Was using manual mode, of course. Did anyone find a way to make the app use different exposure times for AEB3 or AEB5? Any other way to do proper HDRIs in my opinion would be to go fully manual and not use AEB mode at all...

2015-4-13
Use props
mangoes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75843 ft
Australia

Totally agree, I noticed this after the update. I tried 3 and 5 exposure. They were all set at f2.8 with different exposure times not f stop under/over. Hope DJI address this as I take a lot of bracketed images for later post editing in Lightroom and PS.
2015-10-1
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

The camera aperture is fixed at 2.8. You generally don't bracket by aperture with larger cameras as it alters the dof and the image itself. Shutter speed is generally the way to go. But consider that a flying machine wants to shoot the bracket series as fast as possible to avoid movement between and during exposures. Hence bracket via ISO is the choice.  Having an option for shutter speed could work.
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules