Phantom Vision Plus gimbal and camera
14339 29 2014-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jesolins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
United States

DJI please make the Phantom Vision Plus ribbon flex cable easily avaiable to all of us.  Many of us are extremely capable of replacing this and doing other necessary repairs to the easily damaged Vision Plus gimbal and camera set.
Cheers,
Jim

2014-9-18
Use props
sibes
New

United States

I sure hope they get the message on this.  I would hate to have this $15 part break and then have to spend $700 to replace the entire gimble and camera because they don't make this part available and I hear it breaks so easy.  Had I known this I would have gotten the other gimble and used a gopro and lightbridge.
2014-9-18
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I recently saw a ribbon cable posted on eBay for $130.00 being sold in the USA, that is outrageous! So far so good with my original camera and gimbal. However I would like to be able to get my hands on a spare ribbon cable in the event I damage my original one at a reasonable price. DJI is nice enough to include extra props with the purchase of a P2V+. In an effort to build brand loyalty I feel that DJI should include an extra ribbon cable. For that matter, send one out to all registered owners! The thought of having to replace the entire camera and gimbal simply because the ribbon cable gets damaged is awful to think about. I never take off from grass anymore, I use a landing pad to take off from. As far as landings are concerned I perform hand catch landings.
2014-9-18
Use props
tapwsac007
New

United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-9-19 05:58
I recently saw a ribbon cable posted on eBay for $130.00 being sold in the USA, that is outrageous!  ...

I'm a new P2V+ flyer, but have flown multi-rotors with camera gimbals for some time. On my third flight I attempted to take off from grass and received a "Gimbal motor error, please check" message. I put it on an area that was flatter and the message went away. After looking at the video of the flight the gimbal had a lot of twitching when yawing and even during level flight (with no wind). This was quite a shock after the first two flights that had rock solid video in a slight wind. The firmware, GUI and drivers were downloaded before the first flight. Any idea how to fix this?
2014-9-20
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

Can I put a different gimbal and camera on my vision 2+?  If I add 7th channel kit.
2014-9-21
Use props
billsblots
New

United States

Have Phantom vision 2 +, the camera often makes a quick jerk down and back up when flying.  this is annoying and disrupts watching the video, and I'm sure it is not supposed to do this.  It's very steady when the phantom is stationary and hovering.

This shouldn't happen should it?  Anyone else have this problem?  This is with normal mode using the up and down arrows, I don't use the other mode in which tipping the iPhone changes the camera.  thanks.
2014-9-21
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

Guys, we know many of you are very experienced and can do the replacing on your own. However, there's IMU module inside the camera, after replaceing the cable, it has to be re-calibrated IN DJI repair center by special tool and software. We can not garantee that your gimbal would function normally without calibration.
2014-9-22
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

billsblots Posted at 2014-9-22 04:58
Have Phantom vision 2 +, the camera often makes a quick jerk down and back up when flying.  this is  ...

Could be defect motor/esc. You can send back to DJI service center for checking.
2014-9-22
Use props
toralf.schumann
New

Germany

DJI-Terry Posted at 2014-9-22 19:05
Guys, we know many of you are very experienced and can do the replacing on your own. However, there' ...

Hi DJI-Terry,

I do understand your concerns - but we should get a try.
E.g. if I sent in Germany a P2V+ because ribbon cable is broken to repair center I get it back with a new complete camera/gimbal unit and have to pay nearly 600€ (750 US$).
If the self-repair doesn't work I do have still the "pain-full" way open.

The "cheapest" offer which I know at the moment is to get the ribbon flex cable for 135 US$ with  50 US$ shipping include.

Please - can you tell me an not so extremly expensive source?

best regards,
Toralf
2014-10-3
Use props
jesolins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
United States

DJI-Terry Posted at 2014-9-22 19:05
Guys, we know many of you are very experienced and can do the replacing on your own. However, there' ...

Hi,
I myself and several other Gents have successfully repaired more than a dozen of these Vision Plus gimbals for fellow fliers, and none required anything more than a ribbon cable fix and realignment of the potentiometer and securing the shaft and/or adding a bushing to the motor shafts, and possibly aluminum arm straightening.  Many Gents are capable of doing this kind of repair.  Making these ~$10 Vision ribbon flex cables available will keep the scammers from charging $85-$200 for just a flex cable as they have been.  You might note that some or those scammers were selling the ones DJi sent to dealers on a trial basis who sold or are trying to sell them at those ridiculous prices.  Just make them available at a reasonable price for us please.  You can put a disclaimer that the ribbon cable itself might not fix the problem, etc.  Also make them available in Banggood.com.  Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Jim
2014-10-4
Use props
AJPhantom
New

Canada

i have phantom 1 with FC 40 camera, i need if i can i install Gimbal with Hero 3 Camera on it, if yes how battery duration will get deteriorated? pls. guide me through. thanks
2014-10-6
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

China

Yes, i think so. But the flight time would be 5 min or less since the battery is only 2200mah.
2014-10-6
Use props
opwan
lvl.1

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2014-10-7
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Another one bites the dust......  Ribbon cable required ...........

2014-10-10
Use props
kenDJIPhantom2
New

United Kingdom

rceagle1@gmail. Posted at 2014-9-22 01:00
Can I put a different gimbal and camera on my vision 2+?  If I add 7th channel kit.

No
I've been struggling with DJI for weeks on this. Finally got an answer.
Their solution is to use NAZA or the new A series controllers
My solution is to use the (excellent) 16 ch Taranis Tx and Rx
2014-10-17
Use props
rafaq_95
New

Mexico

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-9-19 05:58
I recently saw a ribbon cable posted on eBay for $130.00 being sold in the USA, that is outrageous!  ...

I just had the same problem! The gimbal is extremely sensible and it's just a stupid thing to buy another one for $700 when you can only replace the ribbon cable for 85 bucks! I hope DJI make something about it because i have seen so much people complaining about this specific issue, does anyone know if DJI make something related to warranty and this ribbon cable?
2014-10-25
Use props
wklman
New

China

明白了,多谢各位!
2014-11-8
Use props
tyronm46
New

Australia

Hey Team

Q - Say i was flying at point A and i had been through all the procedures , I E . Calibration , Home point save . i Then fly around paddock for 10 mins and then i land the drone . I Then  jump into car with drone and go to point  B . At this time i have not turned the drone off but let it sit in neutral . The controls were turned off on the remote . When i got to point B i placed it on the ground and let it do its thing . It was flashing steady green. when i t had taken off it went up about a meter and then tried to position itself . as i was trying to steady it it just went haywire and went straight into trees !! i couldn't control it . The area had no sources of interference what so ever but still had good signal through GPS !!

could someone help me in this case . Should i have turned machine completely off before starring at new home point . my intentions were to manually save a home point during flight . obviously I'm the dumb one !!

i also snapped the ribbon flex cable for camera ?? ideas yet from any of the boys ?

Regards

Tyron Massara

Western Australia
2014-11-15
Use props
tyronm46
New

Australia

Im In agreement Jim
2014-11-15
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI should empower 3rd parties with parts and even the specs and software to do this!

Happy customers are important to DJI's future and to the hobby as a whole. Customers are willing to pay $100-$300 labor and material for complete repairs....but are very upset when they have to pay $700 for an entirely new assembly - and also wait 3-6 weeks (sometimes more).

It would be different if DJI were truly like Apple and we could bring our rigs into the local shop for a repair - but we can't.  

Most customers would understand that any warranties are null and void when they get 3rd party repairs done.
2014-11-27
Use props
dougm
New

United States

So, a small accident resulted in a separated cable and the camera from the roll axis e/m mount.  I am unable to reattach the separated camera on the mount such that it doesn't easily fall back off.   And like all here, I need a new cable.  How do I go about getting this fixed?  Is there a recommended shop in Northern California, USA?  How badly will I bleed?
2014-11-27
Use props
garyamorgan
New

United States

dougm@soeasy.co Posted at 2014-11-28 09:24
So, a small accident resulted in a separated cable and the camera from the roll axis e/m mount.  I a ...

I am reluctant to share this because it is like finding a wonderful restaurant that nobody knows about. Jim at atkdrones.com will do a wonderful and inexpensive repair to your gimbal and/or camera. I am reluctant to share, because his service is quick and with the number of these that are breaking, he might get swamped.
It took me awhile to find his service on the net. I have sent my gimbal to him with the camera broken off and he was able to repair it and get it back to me the same week. I live on the East Coast and he is located in Utah. Go to the website and everything is self explanatory. Service is excellent and he is very personable and responsive.

Gary

2014-11-28
Use props
rceagle1
lvl.1
United States

The Web site you mention is offline. Any thoughts?
2014-12-7
Use props
support
New

United States

helihobby.com -

Hi there,

We can replace the ribbon for you (as long as the gimbal, motors and camera are not damaged).
We charge a flat fee of $160 to replace the ribbon cable for the Phantom 2 Vision + camera/gimbal unit . This price includes labor and parts.

For more info please visit:
http://www.helihobby.com/multiro ... repair-service.html

Repair center location: California, Los Angeles County.
2015-1-12
Use props
shawn_cookson
New

United States

Well, I had to wait nearly 2 months for DJI to replace a ribbon. If DJI is that swamped than it's another reason to sell reasonably priced ribbons than to get bad reviews for customer service.  
2015-1-18
Use props
btsyndicate.ema
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2130853 ft
  • >>>
United States

jesolins@yahoo. Posted at 2014-10-4 22:55
Hi,
I myself and several other Gents have successfully repaired more than a dozen of these Vision P ...

Can you tell me where I can buy JUST the driver pitch for the P2V+ gimbal??  I got something in the horizon sensor, in the plastic part of the chip that has the floating half-moon.  My moon doesn't freely float anymore, it needs to be helped along by a tool.  It's super glue that got in there...:-/
Any ideas for getting it to float again?  I'm going to try silicone lube, maybe soak the driver in acetone?  That seems bad for the circuitry on the chip.  Anyway, I'd love some help.  Thanks..
2015-1-22
Use props
scottyboys427.e
New

United States

WOW really ? I was just about to pull the trigger and buy a Phantom V+ for doing some local mapping but after reading here that I would have to pay $130 for a freaking ribbon cable is ridiculous Its like a $5 part !!, any part of the phantom should be available to its customers at a reasonable price, you should not assume everyone is incapable of doing there own repairs. With new models coming out seemingly every other week I think Ill just wait until DJI gets the hint and makes all parts available to customers or go with another brand.
2015-1-22
Use props
matthijsslot
lvl.1

Netherlands

jesolins@yahoo. Posted at 2014-10-4 22:55
Hi,
I myself and several other Gents have successfully repaired more than a dozen of these Vision P ...

Hi,

See post http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en Any idea how to fix this?

Regards,

Matthijs
2015-4-28
Use props
darlox888
New

United States

Just replace a dji phantom version 2+ ribbon cable. I know a manufacture that make OEM ribbon cable for Dji, refer this link: http://www.darlox.com/product/dj ... ble_for_camera.html , its store link is: http://www.colorsunny.com/Dji-ph ... l-ribbon-cable.html
2015-6-3
Use props
Dcr
New

United States

phanton 2 plus gimabl repair
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules