Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair Facilities
1536 7 2015-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
petersilver
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just about to send my I1 off to have it repaired and it seems to me that there are not enough repair facilities. Looks like there is only one in the USA to cover the whole of the country and only one here in Europe. I have to send mine to Germany (from the UK).

I would have thought that DJI would have opened some more to share the load judging by how long one has to wait.

Does anyone know the possible waiting times for Europe?
2015-4-14
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Yup...One repair facility for the USA....Canada...and Mexico... and another for Europe....Wonder why they have support and customer service issues???  Its not Rocket Science...In Canada I know of at least 4 capable DJI dealers that would like to become service centers...One is an Electrical Engineer who has been into RC/UAVs for years...Whats stopping you DJI???
2015-4-14
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Peter, if I were you, I would see if I could repair it myself. You might be able to find parts there in Germany at this location. If you didn't break a carbon fiber arm, I HIGHLY recommend you taking the do it yourself approach because the wait time for a repair is insane. Not to mention you have no idea of whats going on. If you could get the parts, I am sure just about any dealer would be able to fix it for you. Even if you hd to wait 3 weeks for parts i would do it.  Just my suggestion based on my experience so far.

2015-4-14
Use props
petersilver
lvl.1

United Kingdom

houston Posted at 2015-4-15 04:27
Peter, if I were you, I would see if I could repair it myself. You might be able to find parts there ...

That does seem a good idea. The arm is only cracked and does vibrate slightly with the motors going. Using Epoxy resin as others have said may be the way to go. Not sure about invalidating my warranty though. I've only had it three weeks!
2015-4-15
Use props
supasympa
lvl.2

United Kingdom

petersilver Posted at 2015-4-15 21:57
That does seem a good idea. The arm is only cracked and does vibrate slightly with the motors goin ...

Hi Peter,

I successfully replaced a broken boom on a crashed I1 I purchased and now use it as a backup.

I wrote blog posts on how to do it:

http://blog.supasympa.com/2015/0 ... rdown-introduction/

Personally I wouldn't recommend doing it but it is possible.

2015-4-15
Use props
supasympa
lvl.2

United Kingdom

That does seem a good idea. The arm is only cracked and does vibrate slightly with the motors goin ...

PS: If your boom is just cracked you could consider repairing it with the Epoxy kits you can get to fix carbon fibre fishing rods ( I looked into doing this but the repair I had to make was too severe!)

here's the video ...

2015-4-15
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

supasympa Posted at 2015-4-15 22:23
PS: If your boom is just cracked you could consider repairing it with the Epoxy kits you can get to ...

Good to know that his is repairable. If this ever happens to me again I can assure you this is the route I will take if possible. Not going to wait 6 weeks for a repair again. Thanks for sharing tis info.
2015-4-16
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I only had mine two weeks and I would have been more than happy to invalidate my warranty. Given that repairs take 5-6 weeks I am not sure the warranty is any good given that each time you have to send it in you will be eating up 5-6 weeks of your warranty each time, not to mention that if you are using this for busness the amount of money you could be potentially loosing.  Now if they extend the warranty out each time for you, that MIGHT change things. But not for me. Once I get this back, it is highly unlikely that California will ever see my bird again should the unfortunate occur again.
2015-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules