Problem with videos not being able to play
27979 26 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qdMzQ2E
New

Singapore

Recently i have been flying with the drone and recording the views always, but when i took out the micro sd card and put it in my phone, i am not able to play the video at all, in the past when i did this, the video was playable and the video quality was tip-top condition. How do i rectify this issue?
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_CXijsR6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134987 ft
Kenya

same issue
2017-12-1
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are that recordings, you did not stop to record, before you shut off the drone?

If yes, read here a bit:

http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_qdMzQ2E
New

Singapore

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-1 05:42

If yes, read here a bit:

Hi, I have not done anything of that sort that you have mentioned, im extremely gutted as this was never an issue when i was flying 1 month ago. I really need help on how to rectify this.
2017-12-1
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

djiuser_qdMzQ2E Posted at 2017-12-1 11:57
Hi, I have not done anything of that sort that you have mentioned, im extremely gutted as this was never an issue when i was flying 1 month ago. I really need help on how to rectify this.

It very much sounds like you have switched off the Spark before stopping video recording in the App. Happened to me also a few times but I have learned the lesson. First stop video recording in the App, then switch off Spark.
2017-12-1
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you remove the SD card from the Spark, will it play on a computer?
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, could you please answer Mtnlandpix's question? Will the SD card be recognized by the computer and will the footage be played? Do you use the stock Micro SD card?
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_qdMzQ2E
New

Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-3 01:50
Hi, could you please answer Mtnlandpix's question? Will the SD card be recognized by the computer and will the footage be played? Do you use the stock Micro SD card?

Yes, it will still be played when i put the sd card into a computer/laptop, but since im travelling on a budget i dont usually bring my laptop with me, hence i make use of the sd card in my phone to view the videos, which is much less complicated and bulky to carry.
2017-12-5
Use props
djiuser_qdMzQ2E
New

Singapore

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-1 13:50
It very much sounds like you have switched off the Spark before stopping video recording in the App. Happened to me also a few times but I have learned the lesson. First stop video recording in the App, then switch off Spark.

How do i rectify the issue? Its still persistent after i stop recording and off the spark
2017-12-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
France

djiuser_qdMzQ2E Posted at 2017-12-5 12:28
How do i rectify the issue? Its still persistent after i stop recording and off the spark

If  that is case there must be a different issue. Unfortunately I have no idea what it could be. Have you tried with a different SD card? Formatting the SD card with DJI GO4 might also be worth to try.
2017-12-5
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

easy... your player app cant play the video... try VLC?

because on a computer with a player that doesnt need codecs, it will play flawless...

so the problem is with the APP video player..

try VLC for android if thats your Device OS...
Edit:
yup just tried it myself and with samsung video app player it doesnt work..

and with VLC for Android it does...

i dont extract the SD from the spark i usually download it from the spark to the phone or directly to the pc...

its a codec issue thing.. as VLC will play anything with or without Codecs...

by the way the original downloaded files 1080p are on this directory on android:

sd_card/DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI Album/

2017-12-5
Use props
djiuser_qdMzQ2E
New

Singapore

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-5 15:13
If  that is case there must be a different issue. Unfortunately I have no idea what it could be. Have you tried with a different SD card? Formatting the SD card with DJI GO4 might also be worth to try.

I have tried eith different sd cards but its still to no avail.
2017-12-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
France

djiuser_qdMzQ2E Posted at 2017-12-5 22:34
I have tried eith different sd cards but its still to no avail.

It is quite obvious that the problem is with your phone then because the videos are working on your Laptop. Look at post 11# how to solve this.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_qdMzQ2E Posted at 2017-12-5 12:25
Yes, it will still be played when i put the sd card into a computer/laptop, but since im travelling on a budget i dont usually bring my laptop with me, hence i make use of the sd card in my phone to view the videos, which is much less complicated and bulky to carry.

I agree with Wachtberger, it could be your phone issue, please find a computer to have a try if possible.
2017-12-5
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Israel

well i hope it worked out for anyone who had this issue :]
2017-12-6
Use props
djiuser_qdMzQ2E
New

Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-5 23:34
I agree with Wachtberger, it could be your phone issue, please find a computer to have a try if possible.

I have tried it on 3 different phones of different brands, it still does not work.
2017-12-6
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Israel

when you buy a computer it doesnt come with all the supporting video codecs right? well thats how it use to be back then..

i figured its the same with phones as they are not different than a computer in general...

so you have to download some codec pack right?(which i dont, i use players that doesnt need codecs, but before i found that out a long long time ago, i used to download codecs pack and install them)

and after i would install them every video worked.. dont try to switch phones... because its a player issue... DJI doesnt need to check every player to see if they are working with their files or not.. its a user duty to do so..
2017-12-6
Use props
Z42A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 925807 ft
Canada

I'm running into a similar issue with my Mavic Air.
2019-6-15
Use props
Z42A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 925807 ft
Canada

I'm getting the same issue with my Mavic Air. I can see photos, but the videos won't download to my iPhone (worked fine a few months ago). It says that only H.264 video can be downloaded...but the format IS H.264 that's being recorded. No idea why they won't talk to each other. I can use iMovie on my laptop to edit videos, but I can't view them or use the easy editor in DJI Go 4 to see or edit them on my phone. Is this due to an OS update on the phone? Is my app messed up? Is it the drone? UGH!
2019-6-15
Use props
Kimberly Tapiwa Kujinga
New

Zimbabwe

Help i recently took some footage on my spark, then downloaded the video from the my app, i am trying to send the video to my friend via whatsapp it refuses however i sent her another video i took so a little confused.
2019-7-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Kimberly Tapiwa Kujinga Posted at 7-2 20:34
Help i recently took some footage on my spark, then downloaded the video from the my app, i am trying to send the video to my friend via whatsapp it refuses however i sent her another video i took so a little confused.

Can it be, that the video is just to big for whatsapp?
Split it, resize it, use the 720p file from your phone
2019-7-6
Use props
Syed Talha
lvl.1

Try to change Format
2019-9-15
Use props
djiuser_HhncBRaUzjog
New

United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-1 05:42

If yes, read here a bit:

I had this same issue, I forgot to stop the recording. Dose that mean the video is corrupted
2019-12-7
Use props
Village Video
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23301 ft
United States

Sounds like you are shooting in a format your phone can't play
I would check by recording in 720p If that works the problem is the quality of your phone...just my guess
2019-12-19
Use props
Camile Dai
lvl.1

Japan

To isolate the problem, you can
1) convert DJI videos to H.264 MP4 using VLC.  
2) record videos in a lower resolution, for example, 720P or smaller.
See whether they are playable on your iPhone.
2019-12-22
Use props
uncomnizm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This could be an issue with your phones lack of memory/storage, or maybe it could not.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_d32laoKfHdVc
New

United Kingdom

Es8 drone won't connect video to the ufo app on any phone or tablet
2023-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules