Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 Update 4.1.18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
Captain
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Hey everyone, it's showing an update for app DJI Go, version 4.1.18. Has anyone ever tried? Any issue?
2017-12-1
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

Nobody spoke. So I 'll update. Hehe
2017-12-1
Use props
dorbot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

And he was never heard from again.........  

lol.
2017-12-1
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I haven't noticed any adverse effects.
2017-12-1
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

Yep, and this is the last one or there is 4.1.19 already?
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Allyssongemelli, v4.1.18 is the latest version at the moment, v4.1.19 hasn't been released.
2017-12-3
Use props
Rvrrat14
First Officer
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-3 01:23
Hi, Allyssongemelli, v4.1.18 is the latest version at the moment, v4.1.19 hasn't been released.

ETA on 4.1.19 please.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi, Rcrrat, we are working on improving our APP.
May I know the problem you have with V4.1.18?
2017-12-4
Use props
Rvrrat14
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-4 02:18
Hi, Rcrrat, we are working on improving our APP.
May I know the problem you have with V4.1.18?

I have not installed 4.1.18.   Usually I install the update on my test Ipad and test the systems.   But with so many quick updates I’m not doing that anymore.  I see the need to stay ‘close’ with the industry on updates, but just like Apple, I will not update any other devices until stability and consistency is demonstrated.

I am running 10.3.3 IOS on an Ipad with 4.1.17 and the latest F/W on my P4A.  All stable.  Thank you.

I am very concerned about the number of complaints and this new question session that the pilot must pass before flying.   I am a license UAS Pilot in the USA and don’t seem the need to ‘blow in the tube’ before my truck starts.  My focus should be on preflight checks and not passing another test.

With the latest IOS and Go 4 issues stated, I cannot support further upgrades until the reviews here on your site prove stability.   Just like Apple, numerous upgrades in a very short time do very little to reinforce stability and gain your respect.

Please get it right this time and let’s all get back to business/enjoyment of our DJI birds.

Thanks for your consideration.
2017-12-4
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

i have personally had issue with android 4.1.18 : Video-Transmission problems got worse with green and black blocks of missing video.

Prior to 4.1.18 i was able to correct this by using a custom channel with minimum 4MBps bandwidth, turning off over-exposure (black & white stripes), and turn off Geo-System -- but this no longer worked for 4.1.18.

I was forced to downgrade to 4.1.15 or use 3rd party app.  I use an HTC One M7 with Android 5.0.2 --  i suspect DJI will report that my hardware is not supported or just too old, but it's unlikely i will upgrade any time soon, plus the fact that other apps work makes me suspicious that DJI go 4 is just too much a resource hog.  I would like to request DJI produce a feature-less "just fly" app (but still has drone settings section). I.E. without special flight modes, special photography, photo edit, photo stitching etc.

I would especially request that bandwidth minimums be reduced to 2Mbps, 1Mbps or even 0.5 MBps. Very low bandwidths might be accomplished with grayscale video.

2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2017-12-4 06:26
I have not installed 4.1.18.   Usually I install the update on my test Ipad and test the systems.   But with so many quick updates I’m not doing that anymore.  I see the need to stay ‘close’ with the industry on updates, but just like Apple, I will not update any other devices until stability and consistency is demonstrated.

I am running 10.3.3 IOS on an Ipad with 4.1.17 and the latest F/W on my P4A.  All stable.  Thank you.

Hi Rvrrat, thanks for the update.
Each updating is not mandatory, customer decides to update or not. We listen to all the feedback from Forum or social media and keep improving our APP to make it more stable.
Please check the releases notes of each update and then make your decision.
2017-12-6
Use props
Rvrrat14
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-6 23:08
Hi Rvrrat, thanks for the update.
Each updating is not mandatory, customer decides to update or not. We listen to all the feedback from Forum or social media and keep improving our APP to make it more stable.
Please check the releases notes of each update and then make your decision.

Thanks for your help
2017-12-7
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

After updating to the latest I2 firmware (01.01.0200) and DJI App (version 4.1.18) this week (December 2017), the "sensor status" icon is red all the time, and the drone will not fly. Just get 'Cannot take off' status at top of screen and attempting to take off results in the message: unknown error 124. Contact DJI. Tried 2 sets of fully charged batteries, each running the latest firmware. They are plugged in correctly and there are no pins bent. Is this a case of send it back to DJI? Are others with I2 running these versions of software successfully?

Incidentally the options in previous versions of the DJI Go app to cache map data and download offline maps are not present in the latest DJI Go4 App for Android, and if you have no WiFi signal at the site you are filming, you are stuffed. Also the "radar" option to show obstacles detected is permanently greyed out and cannot be selected.

So, at the moment my I2 is dead.

Cannot Take Off

Cannot Take Off
2017-12-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RobAlbania, Does the no fly database need updating?

as for the OP, there was an issue with 4.1.18 when it was 1st released for android with regards to image transmission, blocks of green etc, this was rectified very quickly and was updated again.
2017-12-10
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-10 22:59
RobAlbania, Does the no fly database need updating?

as for the OP, there was an issue with 4.1.18 when it was 1st released for android with regards to image transmission, blocks of green etc, this was rectified very quickly and was updated again.

"there was an issue with 4.1.18 ... this was rectified very quickly and was updated again."
To the same version no. 4.1.18? If so DJI really is making it hard to find out what is going on at what versions ...
2017-12-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, same version number,  no need to change it really as it was done the within a couple of days
2017-12-11
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

Confuse work this way.
2017-12-11
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-11 04:18
Yes, same version number,  no need to change it really as it was done the within a couple of days

Even was it just a dot in some text that was changed, this should trigger a new version number, this is even worse.
2017-12-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont see the point to be honest, it was a quick fix of code that was upset, in effect, nothing was changed, I know of a few coders that do this
2017-12-11
Use props
allyssongemelli
Captain
Brazil

And the problem that you first updated in first moment, if they correct a bug after in the same version, you continue with the  problem.
2017-12-12
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

Android's 4.22 is working as expected.  slight 1 or 2 second delay as expected.  NO green/black loss of transmission in my last two flight sessions.

I'm still +1 on lowering the bandwidth minimums to 2Mps or even 1Mbps
2018-1-12
Use props
fans48231983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 737753 ft
Switzerland

I'm flying the Phantom 4pro plus with the internal monitor on the controller. This system baeses on android. I heard that the newest version for android is 4.1.22. But on my controller ther is still the version 4.1.15 and I can't find an Update, it says that is at the latest version. Will there come an Update for my Controller soon?
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules