URGENT: No-Fly Zone Database Stuck
2435 9 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Never fly faste
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3044747 ft
Netherlands

Hi, I'm in the middle of the No-Fly zone database update, yet, the process is still stuck at 60% for over 30 minutes now. Batteries will run out soon. Please advise!

2017-12-1
Use props
Never Fly Faste
lvl.2
Netherlands

Never mind...Battery just shutdown.....Charging now, will post update later
2017-12-1
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Never Fly Faste Posted at 2017-12-1 08:44
Never mind...Battery just shutdown.....Charging now, will post update later

What was your issue?
2017-12-1
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Charge and try again
2017-12-1
Use props
Never Fly Faste
lvl.2
Netherlands

Please allow me to describe the sequence of occurance.

1. When returning home from my maiden flight a firmware version check was done while I was replaying my recording just made. I updated the firmware as requested.
2. While installing the update a system (controller went black screen) crash occured. The controller recovered and the message to download the firmware again showed up. So I did, with the batteries well over 50 % remaining.  
3. The second install was succesfull. As I disconnected the USB cable to the drone a renewed version check was executed telling me to update my fIrmware. Odd, as I just did, but I connected the USB cable to the drone again and pressed update.
4. While in firmware update, as I assume, it showed to update the No-fly zone. So I pressed continue. The first 60% went really fast than the system got stuck at 60%. I waiting anohter 30 min. with the update holding at 60 %. Than the battery went so low that the system (aircraft first) turned itself off.
4. After loading the aircraft battery and controller battery seperately to avoid overheating of the charger I turned on the controller and next the drone.
5. Again a version check request appeared. I just finished it and all looks fine.
6. Although it tells me to update the No-Fly zone I'm very hesitant to do so.

So, I fine for now, But please advise on the No Fly zone. Thanks in advance.

2017-12-1
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
United States

Never Fly Faste Posted at 2017-12-1 12:39
Please allow me to describe the sequence of occurance.

1. When returning home from my maiden flight a firmware version check was done while I was replaying my recording just made. I updated the firmware as requested.

you can update the no fly zone, it wont cause no harm to your drone or where you flying.
2017-12-1
Use props
Never Fly Faste
lvl.2
Netherlands

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-12-1 13:14
you can update the no fly zone, it wont cause no harm to your drone or where you flying.

thx for the reply...update succesxful
2017-12-1
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
United States

Never Fly Faste Posted at 2017-12-1 15:22

thats great news, I am glad
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Never Fly Faste Posted at 2017-12-1 15:22

Hey there, I'm glad to know the update is successful. As for the No Fly Zone, you can check here: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer Welcome to contact us if there is any other issues, we'll be here for help.
2017-12-2
Use props
Bando
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hi

No matter what I do the nobly database never fully downloads, gets stuck at varying percentages and then a button appears saying "continue downloading" no matter how many times I press continue downloading it never does. Everything works fine in the app and drone but i cannot update database though.
I tried reinstalling DJI4 twice to no avail
please advise

thanks
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules