Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin Assistant App- No DJI Bluetooth devices have been found
27701 14 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Haribo_Splat
lvl.1

Canada

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new Ronin-M.  I've actually used one extensively before at another studio without issue, but I can't get the Ronin Assistant app working with my new Ronin-M at all.  Every time I try to connect via the app I get this message: "No DJI Bluetooth devices have been found".

Things I've done to try to fix this:

• Checked and upgraded the Ronin-M firmware (and installed the latest Windows drivers).  I am running the latest firmware.  GCU version 1.6, IMU is 1.4.
  • Reset the Bluetooth using the joystick trick
  • Using a fully-charged battery while trying to connect

This is getting really frustrating since I can't do much on a shoot without the app working properly.  What else can I do to fix this Bluetooth issue?  I've checked online and it sounds like a lot of people have had this issue, but with mixed success fixing it.  Not what I want to go through after dropping $1500 on a brand new gimbal.

2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Haribo, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties.
Just to verify, did you register DJI account in APP when you connect Ronin to PC DJI Assistant Software?
2017-12-3
Use props
Haribo_Splat
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-3 01:09
Just to verify, did you register DJI account in APP when you connect Ronin to PC DJI Assistant Software?

Yes, I have registered.  But the PC DJI Assistant Software app won't accept the password  that  I registered with (it says Error: User name or password does not match!).  And whenever I try to reset my password, I get a 403 Forbidden nginx page on your password reset site .  Nothing seems to work on DJI's side.  Very frustrating.
2017-12-3
Use props
Haribo_Splat
lvl.1

Canada

Haribo_Splat Posted at 2017-12-3 12:13
Yes, I have registered.  But the PC DJI Assistant Software app won't accept the password  that  I registered with (it says Error: User name or password does not match!).  And whenever I try to reset my password, I get a 403 Forbidden nginx page on your password reset site .  Nothing seems to work on DJI's side.  Very frustrating.

Update: I managed to reset my password and login (I had to use a completely different password reset link since the original one was broken).

I'm now logged into PC DJI Assistant.  But no matter how many times I try the firmware won't update.  I'll click 'Upgrade' > 'Yes' to the "Are you sure" prompt > Then get the 'Upgrade success' notification.  But the firmware version number never changes.  It keeps telling me the upgrade is a success, but in reality the upgrade hasn't happened.  This is happening with the GCU, IMU, Receiver, and Remote Start/Stop software.  How to I properly upgrade the firmware?
2017-12-3
Use props
Haribo_Splat
lvl.1

Canada

Another update:  After running the update 3 times, I was finally able to get it to work.  Except for one- the Remote Start/Stop.  Every time I try to run the firmware update for it it says, "Upgrade failure!  Please power cycle device and try again!"

I've turned my Ronin-M off then on again about 5 times.  Still won't work.  And the Android app still says, "No DJI Bluetooth devices have been found".
2017-12-3
Use props
Haribo_Splat
lvl.1

Canada

Yet another update: The Ronin Assistant connects only if I use my girlfriend's iPhone, but doesn't work at all with my Nexus 5X Android.  Sounds like the DJI app prefers Apple devices, since the Android app was just a poorly-ported app of the iOS version.

I'm much considering returning this Ronin.  This is completely stupid.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Haribo_Splat Posted at 2017-12-3 13:57
Yet another update:  The Ronin Assistant connects only if I use my girlfriend's iPhone, but doesn't work at all with my Nexus 5X Android.  Sounds like the DJI app prefers Apple devices, since the Android app was just a poorly-ported app of the iOS version.

I'm much considering returning this Ronin.  This is completely stupid.

Haribo, sorry for the inconvenience. What's the current version of DJI Gimbal Assistant and RSS? Is there any luck with V2.4? If not, please kindly offer the screenshot during the update of RSS and a short video, we'll forward to our engineers for further review, thanks in advance!
2017-12-4
Use props
DavidJorissen
New

Czechia

Hi Haribo

Try to close all apps on your phone before launching the DJI app. I also had issues connecting with an Android phone, when I close all running applications before starting up the DJI app, the app connects much easier and more reliable with the Ronin M. I hope this helps for you, for me it does.

Good luck.

Cheers
David
2017-12-9
Use props
Justfeelbetter7
lvl.1
Argentina

Foto the same problem. It drive me crazy. Why the fu** DJI always screw It up when they realese new updates ?!?
2018-5-7
Use props
eglooprod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45249 ft
France

hello "No batterie intelligente DJI" is the bad message, please can you send me a link to download the V1.8 of the DJI Assistant Application
2018-5-14
Use props
mharri
New
United Kingdom

eglooprod Posted at 2018-5-14 02:54
hello "No batterie intelligente DJI" is the bad message, please can you send me a link to download the V1.8 of the DJI Assistant Application

make sure the battery is pushed right down when connecting - i had this issue and then realised that you need to push the battery further down to connect all of the pins
2018-5-31
Use props
BISHOP1900
lvl.1
Nigeria

This is really frustration . I have having exactly issue with my ronin s and i have event in few hours . Regret buying and waiting all this while.
2018-10-6
Use props
nish
New

Hi I got Ronin MX , I have upgraded my firmware , after I have upgraded I can not connect with the Bluetooth is there any solution ?
2019-9-28
Use props
midheach
lvl.1

Ireland

I recently purchased a second hand Ronin M that was working perfectly when demonstrated. When I tried to connect via Bluetooth on my phone, it doesn't appear on the list. It connects to the thumb controller but cannot be calibrated or controlled. It appears it connect with the remote control but again cannot be controlled. When connected to the Mac app it appears but again cannot be calibrated and software/firmware cannot be update, constant fails updated firmwares....help me please.
2019-11-29
Use props
fans6d6db071
New

United Kingdom

HI,

I dont know how to make a post but...

I bought a DJI Ronin M from ebay and the product is locked to the previous users account.

I cant get a hold of them anymore so i cant access their account to remove it. is there any way around this by any chance?
2019-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules