Osmo mobile will not connect
2370 7 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BadZ28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15965 ft
United States

This damn thing worked just fine a couple weeks ago, going on a trip where I need to use this for the business and bought an extra battery and hardcase, tried it today before packing up and it won't connect. I don't know what the hell is going on with it, un-installed the app and re-installed, tried both batteries, go it to connect one time and filmed a 5 min video, shut it off and now it won't connect. This is VERY frustrating seeing the money it cost and not to mention the extra dji battery and hard case. Last time I tried it, I saw my somo name on the app screen, clicked to connect and just sat there with the connect word blinking. I have the Galaxy S8 plus. Help PLEASE
2017-12-1
Use props
BadZ28
lvl.2
United States

Now it's working again, I don't understand what's going on with this. I did notice on my phones connections menu, "phone visibility" but I don't think that has anything to do with it that's more for tranfering files and such, I will turn it on. Anyone else having these issues????
2017-12-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I just had a similar problem.  Turned out that it as because I had tried to experiment with a smaller iPhone on my Osmo.  I put the original iPhone near me on the desk.  The new one wouldn't connect until I turned off the original phone.  I guess that you cannot have TWO mobiles trying to blue tooth at the same time.  Could that be what you're seeing?
2017-12-1
Use props
BadZ28
lvl.2
United States

No, only used it on this phone.
2017-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No issues at all.
Only one time when I tried connecting to another phone.
(my usual phone already connected, so I had to turn bt off).
Other than that 100% good connection
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BadZ28 Posted at 2017-12-1 15:14
Now it's working again, I don't understand what's going on with this. I did notice on my phones connections menu, "phone visibility" but I don't think that has anything to do with it that's more for tranfering files and such, I will turn it on. Anyone else having these issues????

Sorry for the experience with our product.
Like Stanford mentioned, please do not turn on Bluetooth of other devices when you use Osmo Mobile.
Besides, please make sure the DJI Go 4 has been closed completely.
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-12-1 16:42
I just had a similar problem.  Turned out that it as because I had tried to experiment with a smaller iPhone on my Osmo.  I put the original iPhone near me on the desk.  The new one wouldn't connect until I turned off the original phone.  I guess that you cannot have TWO mobiles trying to blue tooth at the same time.  Could that be what you're seeing?

You are right, this is important, try to avoid turning on other Bluetooth when you connect to Osmo Mobile.
2017-12-2
Use props
BadZ28
lvl.2
United States

It's been working the past couple weeks when I used it on a trip, but I did notice when I powered it up last week after posting this, the horizontal motor is making noise, was getting very warm and when I turn the osmo off and see if it rotates freely, there is a hard spot at one end of its cycle, what does that mean? A motor is going bad? It should be nice and smooth all the way through its full motion. Not very happy about that, it's always taken care of and in hard DJI case when not in use.
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules