1952 18 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans12457d23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238579 ft
Canada

Hi,

I've come across this issue 4 times now, and it appears every time i fly. The camera suddenly goes into a panic, starts moving left and right, up and down, for what appears to be about 15 seconds before settling down.

youtu.be/Q6Squ4SoCH8 - watch 10secs and you'll know what i mean

I was able record a video of the last bit of what happened during one of my flights to capture the problem. This has happened before and after the most recent update

To eliminate the issue, I have:
- tried using different phones to fly
- reinstalled the app on the phones

Describing how it happens, the drone is normally recording a video when:
- The camera goes into a spasm, loses orientation and goes into trying finding earth and sky
- the recording stops
- screen goes black
- camera tries and refocus and reorients itself
- goes back to normal

The first time it happened, i thought the drone was bit by a bird and was spinning out of control.

Is this problem replicated by anyone else?

2017-12-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear, have you noticed whether or not there's any damage to the ribbon cable? Hand you also tried both an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order? In addition, have you tried resetting the aircraft to factory defaults via the Assistant 2 software?
2017-12-1
Use props
PilotC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321214 ft
Australia

i've had something similar but not as bad see my post https://forum.dji.com/thread-121680-1-1.html
2017-12-1
Use props
fans12457d23
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-12-1 16:21
I'm sorry to hear, have you noticed whether or not there's any damage to the ribbon cable? Hand you also tried both an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order? In addition, have you tried resetting the aircraft to factory defaults via the Assistant 2 software?

No damage to the ribbon cable. I'll try the reset and report back.
2017-12-2
Use props
fans12457d23
lvl.1
Canada

PilotC Posted at 2017-12-1 17:34
i've had something similar but not as bad see my post https://forum.dji.com/thread-121680-1-1.html

I wish I had the recording of what went on but that's exactly what happens! What happened in the end? Could it be resolved?
2017-12-2
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

This problem has existed for as long as the Mavic has been available - there are countless pilots that have/are experiencing the issue.  DJI engineering is apparently not smart enough to fix it.
2017-12-2
Use props
PilotC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321214 ft
Australia

fans12457d23 Posted at 2017-12-2 07:12
I wish I had the recording of what went on but that's exactly what happens! What happened in the end? Could it be resolved?

I have had it happen once in about 100 flights. In my case it auto corrected in a minute or so. I did land, reboot and check everything before flying again.
2017-12-2
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is What I have sometimes When starting video https://youtu.be/kUixGsT7aUs
2017-12-2
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

It has happened to me once during flight, and once during an attempt at calibrating the vision system when it wants to point the Mavic's belly at my display. It seems like some sort of 'OMG I don't know where is up and down help me mommy I'm scared!' sort of thing. I wonder if when it happens in flight its because of a gust of wind or an angry bird?
2017-12-3
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

sigkill Posted at 2017-12-3 02:00
It has happened to me once during flight, and once during an attempt at calibrating the vision system when it wants to point the Mavic's belly at my display. It seems like some sort of 'OMG I don't know where is up and down help me mommy I'm scared!' sort of thing. I wonder if when it happens in flight its because of a gust of wind or an angry bird?

I have it happen about once every two to three flights.  It's a real problem.

The reason for it - well ... DJI can't seem to figure it out.  You can ship your drone to them, as they will request if you experience this problem, but ironically, not one drone shipped to them and "repaired" has ever actually resolved the problem.  I don't know what to do at this point, except be sure to register the problem with the Better Business Bureau here in the US to make it clear to other folks, and possibly push buyers to other products.
2017-12-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

KryptoNyte Posted at 2017-12-4 16:56
I have it happen about once every two to three flights.  It's a real problem.

The reason for it - well ... DJI can't seem to figure it out.  You can ship your drone to them, as they will request if you experience this problem, but ironically, not one drone shipped to them and "repaired" has ever actually resolved the problem.  I don't know what to do at this point, except be sure to register the problem with the Better Business Bureau here in the US to make it clear to other folks, and possibly push buyers to other products.

On that Note read some of the 108 reviews Here
2017-12-4
Use props
fans12457d23
lvl.1
Canada

PilotC Posted at 2017-12-2 22:11
I have had it happen once in about 100 flights. In my case it auto corrected in a minute or so. I did land, reboot and check everything before flying again.

Thanks for getting back to me PilotC. Appreciate it.
2017-12-6
Use props
fans12457d23
lvl.1
Canada

Censurion Posted at 2017-12-2 22:45
This is What I have sometimes When starting video https://youtu.be/kUixGsT7aUs

I think mine is a bit different as the times it happens are random and doesn't have to do with the movement (at least i think). That's a smart way of showing the problem though.
2017-12-6
Use props
fans12457d23
lvl.1
Canada

i'm not glad but at least i know i'm not the only person with this problem. It's unfortunate as i really need to have a reliable drone. Same thing happened over the weekend and I think i'll have to contact DJI support. I just wish things to go over smoothly....that's all i ask for.
2017-12-6
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Had this happens a few times, I am guessing it is software related. It once reset the shutter to 1/30 after a spasm too, and all I could see was complete white (since it was over exposing). Took me a while to see what was happening and to reset the camera settings.
2017-12-6
Use props
Mitch_111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans12457d23 Posted at 2017-12-6 19:48
I think mine is a bit different as the times it happens are random and doesn't have to do with the movement (at least i think). That's a smart way of showing the problem though.

Here is what was happening to my Mavic Platinum.  I eventually returned it for another new one.  I've not been able to retest yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjxl0vwk8vrijsb/shakeyGimbal.mp4?dl=0
2017-12-8
Use props
fans12457d23
lvl.1
Canada

Mitch_111 Posted at 2017-12-8 11:30
Here is what was happening to my Mavic Platinum.  I eventually returned it for another new one.  I've not been able to retest yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjxl0vwk8vrijsb/shakeyGimbal.mp4?dl=0

That's some great footage you have there to show them your case. Can't believe it's happening to the Platinum as well.
2017-12-8
Use props
fans12457d23
lvl.1
Canada

As an update, I've contacted DJI today and the representative asked if I tried to "restart the drone > reinstall the dji go 4 app > then recalibrate the gimbal"

After letting him know i've gone through that, they gave me the contact of one of their authorized repair facility. I've started the process with the repair facility. Hopefully see what they say.
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans12457d23 Posted at 2017-12-8 13:42
As an update, I've contacted DJI today and the representative asked if I tried to "restart the drone > reinstall the dji go 4 app > then recalibrate the gimbal"

After letting him know i've gone through that, they gave me the contact of one of their authorized repair facility. I've started the process with the repair facility. Hopefully see what they say.

Hi, hope it can be resolved shortly, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know. We are here to help.
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules