Installed DJI assistant but I cannot find it on my MAC
11597 11 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3d5da59f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1239488 ft

Australia

Just attempted a firmware update with my iphone through the DJI GO apple to Osmo Mobile but the firmware failed. Fast internet connection and full battery. Solid Red light, I tried holding the trigger and pressing photo button and it gives a red and blue light not sure what this does.

Anyhoo I have attempted to use the DJI assistant to see if I can reinstall the firmware, however I have fallen at the first hurdle. I have successfully installed the DJI Assistant package and the other Horn thing package that it asks to install as well. BUT I can't launch it because I can't find it. It's not in my /application folder, nor my ~/application folder nor my /Utilities folder. I successfully installed both packaged a second time but alas I cannot launch it because I can't locate it, and niether can Spotlight, this is the first time in using mac for 30 years that I've installed an app but not been able to find it.

any clues appreciated.
2017-12-1
Use props
fans3d5da59f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1239488 ft

Australia

OK I found it, as the software is called DJI Assistant 2, that's what I was looking for, I ended up opening the package in Pacifist to see if there were any clues in there and there was! I discovered that the app is not called DJI Assistant 2 it's just called Assistant. Was able to get the firmware installed then and it all went well. Still have intermittent problems where if I try to select the Gimbal settings, the OSMO instantly disconnects.
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Glad to know you launched DJI Assistant 2 successfully.
Will the right indicator be solid red? Red and blue light after keep pressing Trigger button and press Shutter button three times means the Bluetooth needs to be updated.
Please try to remove the Osmo Mobile Bluetooth in Bluetooth Settings of your phone and then connect it in DJI Go again.
2017-12-2
Use props
DavidEzC
lvl.1

Indonesia

fans3d5da59f Posted at 2017-12-2 01:37
OK I found it, as the software is called DJI Assistant 2, that's what I was looking for, I ended up opening the package in Pacifist to see if there were any clues in there and there was! I discovered that the app is not called DJI Assistant 2 it's just called Assistant. Was able to get the firmware installed then and it all went well. Still have intermittent problems where if I try to select the Gimbal settings, the OSMO instantly disconnects.

Very stupid to not put the full name of the app! It just happen to me, 2 hours looking for the damn DJI assistant 2!
2018-3-4
Use props
fans16e559f2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have just wasted loads of time on the same problem. Tried three times to install it but could not find it. I can believe the app is not called DJI Assistant 2. Twats.
2018-5-9
Use props
Yum
lvl.1

Australia

" Twats."
LOL
2018-5-9
Use props
Capture Asia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294685 ft
Singapore

I CANT FIND IT!! WHERE IS IT?
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_u4gaWx8KiZfn
New

Thailand

Capture Asia Posted at 10-24 20:24
I CANT FIND IT!! WHERE IS IT?

look for the program in your Applications called ASSISTANT, its there
2018-11-30
Use props
fansbcc871c8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573793 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for this thread stupid Dji people make it harder than it should be hey everyone install this and we will call it something else so you can't find it ffs
2018-12-12
Use props
fansbcc871c8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573793 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for this thread stupid Dji people make it harder than it should be hey everyone install this and we will call it something else so you can't find it ffs
2018-12-12
Use props
mimegallow
lvl.1

United States

I cannot BELIEVE this is still a problem 2 years later and I had to be saved by YOU instead of DJI. - The APP still says "Use DJI Assistant on a PC or MAC for better accuracy". - The DJI site still, to this day, says "We're not updating DJI Assistant 2 anymore" - nothing else, just a sort of vague threat that people ask simple questions about (what has it been replaced with? etc) which DJI is weirdly refusing to answer directly. - Then there's no reason, warning, or correction for why or how the app goes missing - I have literally been on this quest for a month. - Way to go DJI. You guys are SO on it. I bought the first Ronin and have been an early-adopter ever since and your communication has been an abortion fire the entire time. - I'm blogging this one.
2019-12-19
Use props
mimegallow
lvl.1

United States

OMG the software LITERALLY still says "How to connect your inspire 2" -- WTF DJI??? This is just rampant incompetence and illiteracy. You are children with randomly chosen hostages.
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules