2286 19 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a way to adjust the flight control sensitivity on the Spark like there is on the Mavic?
2017-12-1
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm not really crazy about there not being anything between sloth speed (position mode) and full stupid speed (sport mode). Anyone heard of any plans in the works for fine tuning the Spark flight controls?
2017-12-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-1 22:07
I'm not really crazy about there not being anything between sloth speed (position mode) and full stupid speed (sport mode). Anyone heard of any plans in the works for fine tuning the Spark flight controls?

You can adjust the sensitivity of the RC reactions to the stick movings.
Which will also decrease the max speed
2017-12-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

https://forum.dji.com/thread-103780-1-1.html
2017-12-1
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-1 23:04
https://forum.dji.com/thread-103780-1-1.html

Thanks! Looks like that will help to solve the speed problem, now if they only had something similar for the remaining axis'...
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-2 07:20
Thanks! Looks like that will help to solve the speed problem, now if they only had something similar for the remaining axis'...

Hi, sir. Please follow the advice above. Hope it can meet your requirement.
2017-12-4
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-4 01:55
Hi, sir. Please follow the advice above. Hope it can meet your requirement.

Thank you for the follow up. I did follow his advice, but it still does not allow you to adjust all axis'. I wouldn't think that it would be like reinventing the wheel since this feature is built in to the Mavic software?
2017-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How are they going to sell any Mavic if all features were incorporated into the Spark
2017-12-4
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-12-4 06:33
How are they going to sell any Mavic if all features were incorporated into the Spark

Great point!
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-4 05:59
Thank you for the follow up. I did follow his advice, but it still does not allow you to adjust all axis'. I wouldn't think that it would be like reinventing the wheel since this feature is built in to the Mavic software?

Yes, you are right. The cameras between spark and mavic is different, thanks for your attention.
2017-12-5
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-5 01:49
Yes, you are right. The cameras between spark and mavic is different, thanks for your attention.

I understand the differences between the Spark and Mavic, but the flight controls are essentially the same. When I speak of sensitivity gains, I am referring to the flight controls (yaw, pitch, etc.). I would think that DJI would give you access to tweak the gains.

Not trying to say bad words like PARROT, but even their bottom of the line drones (mambo) allow the user to adjust all flight controls...
2017-12-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
France

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-2 07:20

What precisely do you mean by "remaining axis"?
2017-12-5
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-5 06:28
What precisely do you mean by "remaining axis"?

I looked at an earlier post where a user described how to de-tune the Spark. But I am curious why we cannot tweak all axis' individually on the Spark. I feel like we should have the ability to tune / detune all control axis' (yaw, pitch, roll, speed, etc) in order to dial in our flight preference.

The Mavic gives you limited ability to do what I speak of by allowing us to tune / detune yaw, attitude and braking. Just saying that lesser drones (Parrot Mambo) gives you the ability to adjust not only sensitivity but the proportional / integral gains (curves) as well. Would think that DJI would do the same...
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-5 06:05
I understand the differences between the Spark and Mavic, but the flight controls are essentially the same. When I speak of sensitivity gains, I am referring to the flight controls (yaw, pitch, etc.). I would think that DJI would give you access to tweak the gains.

Not trying to say bad words like PARROT, but even their bottom of the line drones (mambo) allow the user to adjust all flight controls...

Thanks for your feedback. I would forward your requirement to our engineers.
2017-12-6
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-6 03:23

That would be great! Hopefully they can work it in to the DJI Go app...
2017-12-6
Use props
Pedjon
lvl.1
Brazil

Did anyone get some feedback from the engineers or the admins about the sensitivity?
Or do we need to invest 1000+$ to get this feature?

4 months now and still waiting...
2018-4-9
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Pedjon Posted at 2018-4-9 14:29
Did anyone get some feedback from the engineers or the admins about the sensitivity?
Or do we need to invest 1000+$  to get this feature?

I would like to know too...
2018-6-25
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Anyone at DJI going to update us on this?  Its not about the camera gimbal, its about decreasing the sensitivity of yaw control when in Tripod mode, to slow it down even more.
2018-6-27
Use props
Aero-Drone Imagery
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-6 03:23

Anything? It has been almost a year and nothing regarding this topic...
2018-11-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Aero-Drone Imagery Posted at 11-19 18:13
Anything? It has been almost a year and nothing regarding this topic...

DJI probably forgot about it which is maybe even worse than flatly saying the truth from the begging which is no fine tuning of sticks through the GO app for Spark.

There are parameters in Spark FW that can be fine tuned to have control over sensitivity curve (EXP), gains, yaw endpoint and breaking but they are not accessible from the DJI GO app.
Only DJI product that supports changing these for Spark is DJI Assistant 1.1.2 and even that is not straight "out of the box".

2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules