Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update firmware issues
1354 8 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5de61881
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3783 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I have just tried to update the firmware on my phantom 4 and it stuck at 99%.  After trying it I lost live feed on my iPad and the lights are flashing red and green on my remote controller.

Do I need to update remote controller though the app or try through the computer? When I go into the version of drone on my iPad  it come up saying version unknown.

Can someone please advise me of what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Pete
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Pete, please try to re-upgrade the drone via DJI Assistant 2.  The RC can only be upgraded via the APP, please upgrade it if you've received an update prompt on the APP. If that does not work,  try to force the controller to update:
* Turn on the controller, and make the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any of the buttons, turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.
2017-12-3
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

You need to upgrade the rc as well.
2017-12-4
Use props
kristofer86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1797339 ft
Sweden

I have the same problem! Did you make it work?? I have tried everything by now!
A003505D-0127-44D3-B1F1-E46081C3AFCC.png
2017-12-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Pete. Apologies if you've already read and tried this.

Sometimes when you've updated your craft via the GO app it reports "Installing..." at 99% when in fact it's been completed. The clue is if the craft rebooted itself when on the 99% - that's it completing the installation. If that happened, then you're safe restarting the app.

The controller is blinking red/green because there's an update for it. With craft turned OFF, connect your smartdevice to the controller, power on the controller (only - craft stays off), then start the GO 4 app. It should say that it's collecting version information, and then you enter the device. At the status update (top left line on screen) it should be advising that there's an update to v1.9.3 - let it do it.

You may need to manually re-link the controller to the craft after that. Also, if you updated your P4 to firmware v...0106, you may find that the P4 flight  is erratic. If that's the case, PM to one of the DJI mods requesting access to the beta v..0600 - they will need your DJI account email to allocate access.
2017-12-6
Use props
Andrew Scott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459787 ft
Australia

I updated my P4 on the weekend and it has been unusable since… the camera appears to be malfunctioning. This is what the image looks like with the drone sitting on my desk (note edge of keyboard):

According to the DJO Go 4 app and DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac I'm running the latest version, V02.00.0106. The RC isn't asking to be updated so I assume it's running the latest version. I'm not sure what to do or try to fix this.
2017-12-6
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andrew Scott Posted at 2017-12-6 16:20
I updated my P4 on the weekend and it has been unusable since… the camera appears to be malfunctioning. This is what the image looks like with the drone sitting on my desk (note edge of keyboard):

[view_image]

Have a look through this post, the answer is there (post 18) :-)

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-12-6
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Andrew Scott Posted at 2017-12-6 16:20

[view_image]

If all else fails try taking the SD card out of the P4P then turn on RC, P4 & the DJI Go 4 programme. if all goes well you should receive vision. If all OK turn it all off, reinstall SD card etc
2017-12-6
Use props
Andrew Scott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459787 ft
Australia

I can't thank you enough for this suggestion. I followed the steps outlined on that post and my problem is solved! I am so grateful, technical support were very patient but ultimately useless and are sending me a mailing label which, thankfully, I no longer require.
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules