Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 Crashing
2148 23 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trooper63
New
Flight distance : 5771 ft
Australia

DJI GO 4 on an IPhone 7 running 11.1.2

App crashes randomly after moving off start page.  Can’t sync my flight log before it crashes.  If I uninstall and re-install will I loose my flight data?

Sean
2017-12-2
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Sync you flight data, uninstall, reboot your iPhone and reinstall GO4 app, resync you flight data.
2017-12-2
Use props
anty_1988
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

I fly for a while or even browse the shots i took and it crachea, i deleted then reinstaled rebooted my iphone7plus and the same thing is happening... any clue wht is going on ?
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Locoman Posted at 2017-12-2 02:13
Sync you flight data, uninstall, reboot your iPhone and reinstall GO4 app, resync you flight data.

This is exactly what I did and it hasn't crashed since. Also, I had thousands of MB's of cached files saved in my editor on the app which made the app drain the iPhone 7+. By uninstalling I've cleared out all of the files which I have saved anyway onto my Macbook via the Micro SD card. Reducing the saved files in the app from 16gb to 4gb frees up space and this places less strain on the phone.
2017-12-2
Use props
AuroraHunter
First Officer
Flight distance : 938012 ft
United States

Installed latest version didn't help the crashes. Uninstalled and re-installed and all is well now. Synced data first. All good now. Ipad
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AuroraHunter Posted at 2017-12-2 08:08
Installed latest version didn't help the crashes. Uninstalled and re-installed and all is well now. Synced data first. All good now. Ipad

I've also deleted all of the video files in the app too and turned off video cache during flight now plus switched my micro sd card too as was using an A1. Possibly a corrupt video file. Also changed from reset to continuous in camera settings and switched from NTSC to PAL as in the UK. Now if this doesn't work I don't know what will but all seems fine now.
2017-12-2
Use props
anty_1988
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

So ive deleted and reinstalled the app 4 times, rebooted my phone b4 reinstalling it, the app is 100% empty no cash files nothing in it at all, i just opened it and after 3mins to be exact i get a black screen and throws me back to the home page on my phone. I am on vacation at the moment and had my hopes high, did exactly wht each one said and still facing the same problem, do not have any updates for my ios, thought it might be a reason but turned out i am up to date. So if anyone can help me out on this coz i am really looking forward on using it during my trip.
2017-12-2
Use props
Tekameleon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1308291 ft
Canada

Having same problem... help us out @DJIMindy @DJI @DJIThor
2017-12-2
Use props
fanse9113775
lvl.3
Flight distance : 724472 ft
Denmark

Just got my drone up flying for the very first time today.

Software had no problems.

But getting back home, DJI GO 4 kept crashing! Cars hint about once every minute!

Got version 4.0.18 (3018).

DJI please give this your highest attention! This grounds thousands of DJI drone users!

PS: removed the app (didn’t know I had to sync flight stats first ). Reinstalled after reboot. App worked again. But couldn’t swipe-close the app.  After another reboot I could close the app, but I’m back to app which only works one minute at a time
2017-12-2
Use props
Daniels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89242 ft
New Zealand

App was crashing for me as well, apple have got a new update will see if that helps. Fingers crossed.
2017-12-2
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Do any of you have Litchi installed also? Just a thought...
2017-12-2
Use props
Daniels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89242 ft
New Zealand

What is litchi? Will check YouTube I suppose.
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, I have litchi - if IOS 11.2 doesn’t work then I may have to switch. BTW - just a hunch but the latest GO 4 app update stops the app from crashing when stitching panos on the Spark. I wonder if this could be the cause on the Mavic as I’ve stitched panos today before the app crashed and the crashing stopped after I deleted cached videos...
2017-12-2
Use props
DocQuicksand
First Officer
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was having the same issue today, DJI Go 4 app kept crashing during flight. Thought it was my phone (iPhone 7 Plus) was overheating, cooled the phone, and on the second flight it was the same thing - app CRASH. I did what others said to do: sync, delete app, reinstall app, resync. However, when you do that, you just lost any flight data. My recommendation after talking with others is, before deleting your app, try clearing your cache as it is probably topped out. From what I understand, maxed out cache will cause the app to suddenly quit - actually had it happen while searching the forum looking for answers today. Hope this helps!
2017-12-2
Use props
Locoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Daniels Posted at 2017-12-2 15:06
App was crashing for me as well, apple have got a new update will see if that helps. Fingers crossed.

Apple's update 4.1.18 is 2 weeks old. Unless you are seeing something different
2017-12-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think he mean's an IOS update. ^^^
2017-12-3
Use props
anty_1988
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

It is most definitely the app that is causing the problem, not the ios, either way this should be solved because people need to film and its fustrating every 1 mins or so the app crashes. DJI please download ur app on an iphone 7 plus and use the mavic, with a developer and see wht is going on! This has never happened in all ur updates! People are on vacation and have hopes high to film properly! Not even flying my drone or connected in it. Just open the app for a rough mins and it crashes! Please do something !
2017-12-3
Use props
brettt
lvl.4
United States

Also having random crashes with an iPhone 7 plus, everything is the latest. It crashes if I'm not even connected top a drone.
2017-12-3
Use props
Andicot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1137044 ft
Italy

DJI GO 4.1.18 and iPhone 7 with iOS 11.1.2: the app crash when I see videos.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

anty_1988 Posted at 2017-12-3 13:30
It is most definitely the app that is causing the problem, not the ios, either way this should be solved because people need to film and its fustrating every 1 mins or so the app crashes. DJI please download ur app on an iphone 7 plus and use the mavic, with a developer and see wht is going on! This has never happened in all ur updates! People are on vacation and have hopes high to film properly! Not even flying my drone or connected in it. Just open the app for a rough mins and it crashes! Please do something !

Hi Anty, may I know what iOS system are you running? Could you please upgrade it to iOS 11.2, see if it helps?
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Andicot Posted at 2017-12-3 14:09
DJI GO 4.1.18 and iPhone 7 with iOS 11.1.2: the app crash when I see videos.

Hi, Andicot, it should be resolved with the iOS 11.2, please kindly update your mobile device to iOS 11.2 and then remove the app and install it again. Please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

brettt Posted at 2017-12-3 14:06
Also having random crashes with an iPhone 7 plus, everything is the latest. It crashes if I'm not even connected top a drone.

Brettt, may I know what iOS system are you running on your phone? Could you also try what I suggested in the post 21#?
2017-12-10
Use props
fans49cf4790
lvl.1
Singapore

Daniels Posted at 2017-12-2 15:06

My app crashes so often since 10 Dec 2017. Almost gave up hope until  i updated the latest iPhone 7 as prompted.
The crash in DJI has since stopped.
2017-12-19
Use props
fans49cf4790
lvl.1
Singapore

So happy that my DJI GO 4 didnt crash anymore, since i updated my IOS to 11.2 when prompted on the phone.
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules