4434 9 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zuzumuzu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82083 ft
Austria

Hey People,

Got my MPP 2 Weeks ago and i am having a lot of issues. Want you to ask if somebody of you also have the same Problems on your Mavic Pro Platinum.

1. I have a lot of „Gimbal Micro Shakes“, specially when flying in Sports Mode. They appear about every 30 Seconds.

2. In Sport Mode i get „Motor Current Error: Check the Probellers“. I get this warning about 3-4 Times in a 20min flight.

3. In Sport Mode when pushing full throttle forward the gimbal is panning down slowly and not comming upwards again.

To be honest i am disappointed about the Quality of this DJI Product. I paid 1.300 Euros for a Product full of Errors.

Is there someone out there who has absolute no Problems with the Platinum specially when flying in Sport Mode.?

Greets!
2017-12-2
Use props
xaa.ru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596460 ft
Russia

Sport mode is not for filming video. DJI says it everywhere. So record in normal mode
2017-12-2
Use props
zuzumuzu
lvl.1
Austria

@xaa.ru

Thank you for your comment. I can not find anywhere writen in the manual or somewhere else:

Do not film in sports mode ;

I also can not find:

Its normal that you got „motor current errors in sport mode“

And by the way... in my opinion a drone for EUR 1300,- should not have gibal shakes, or panning down problems or motor current errors doesnt matter in which mode.

2017-12-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sport mode in mavic does not shake.
2017-12-2
Use props
zuzumuzu
lvl.1
Austria

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-12-2 03:04
Sport mode in mavic does not shake.

@Lucas775

Thank you for your reply!

So maybe i got some Kind of "Monday Product". But it seems that i am not the only one with at least the "Gimbal Shake" and "Gimbal Panning Down" Problems.

There are others ("Mavic-Pilots Forum" and the german "Kopterforum") who reported these issues with the Platinum.

I did send mine back a few days ago and orderd a second one.

Hopefully the second one is error-free.
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zuzumuzu Posted at 2017-12-2 03:27
@Lucas775

Thank you for your reply!

My new MPP does not have any of these issues. Looks like you may have a lemon - I take it that you have updated to the latest firmware and calibrated the IMU and gimbal before the first flight? It is also a known fact not to record video in Sports mode. S-mode is for getting the drone into position quicker BEFORE recording or simply for the fun of flying. The expo is increased substantially in order to maximise the tilts to gain the power needed for a drone the size of a water bottle to exceed 40MPH - best practice is to only record video when in GPS or OPTI mode.
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the latest version of the DJI user manual for the Mavic series.
Note page 43: -

'It is recommended to use the Portrait Mode for taking photos instead of recording video. When the aircraft is flown in ways that taxes the system, for example emergency braking or flying in Sport Mode, the gimbal roll axis will reach its endpoint and cause the gimbal to vibrate'.
2017-12-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try calibrating the camera and the IMU.
2017-12-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problems you describe should NOT be happening, it sounds like you received a “lemon”
2017-12-2
Use props
zuzumuzu
lvl.1
Austria

Hey A CW,
Hey Lucas,

i calibrated the imu, the gimbal and the compass. Still had the Problem.

A CW: I know this passage in the Manual: ".....flying in Sport Mode, the gimbal roll axis will reach its endpoint and cause the gimbal to vibrate'.

But in this case they are talking about the "normal" gimbal shake when you push full throttle or break in Sport mode. This is ok and i understand that the gimbal is reaching ist Limits when doing this maneuvers.

Mine is shaking during the flight, when i am doing nothing instead of just flying in Sport mode, not at the beginnig when pushing Forward or break.

This seems to happen randomly, i would say about every 30 seconds.

But like in said this is just one of three Problems i had.

The next one are continues "Motor current Errors".

AND:

the gimbal is panning down slowly when its alligened horizontal and when i am pushing Forward in Sport mode.

I understand that when you will get good footage you dont record in Sport mode Nevertheless all the Errors i get can not be normal? are they????????

For me it seems like this is all one Problem which causes this three Problems.

But thank you A CW and Lucas for you Feedback!!
2017-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules