Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does the NAZA mode, Course Lock and Home Lock, still exist in Phantom 3?
3851 18 2015-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parnu2000

Thailand

Does anyone know that the NAZA mode, Course Lock and Home Lock, still exists in Phantom 3? Thanks.
2015-4-14
Use props
utkinpol
New

United States

Read my exchange below and decide for yourself. It may be included, may be not. I am unfortunately not in the position to put $1000 on hold for an year waiting for something to mature. May be later. Will see.
------------------------------------
Storeagent03 (DJI)

Apr 14, 10:25
Hello friend,
Please do not hush to cancel the order yet.
We are uncertain of some function problems but please be confident in our product that we will fit as many functions as we could to maintain that DJI drone the best drones in the world.
Please wait until days later when we can finally give you specific answers and by then you will get satisfactory answers while still have a chance to cancel the order.
We really value our customers and please trust us. ^_^
DJI

Paul
Apr 14, 10:10
I understand. Please cancel my order and refund my payment. Thanks.
Sent from my iPad

Storeagent03 (DJI)
Apr 14, 09:56
Hello friend,
The answer we can offer now is comparatively conventional and is "not for now".
Phantom 3 is shrunk-function product of Inspire 1. Generally P3 is surposed to have most new features of previous products. But we can not say it for sure yet.
The product is still on production line and it is out of our knowledge to give specific answers.
DJI

Paul
Apr 13, 21:06
Please be very specific in the response – I do ask you below if product as it comes in May, including hardware and software provided by DJI will be able to perform all those GPS functions.
There are a lot of speculations going on now based on DJI employees and developers responses that all those functions are in somewhat named ‘SDK’ and in the practical reality Phantom 3 will not be able to perform any of those functions in the Out Of The Box configuration.
Please confirm if this is true or false and if complete set of GPS functions previous P2V+ model has today indeed are not getting included OOB into P3 model I ordered then please cancel my order.

Paul
Apr 13, 20:57
HI,
I have just learned that this new upcoming model I have ordered below will lack GPS functions like Ground Station and Waypoints.
Please confirm if this functionality will be included into the product I have pre-ordered below, specifically the function to return to original startup destination if connection to control module is lost.
If this functionality is not in the Out of the Box product as it is coming out in mid-May and yet to be developed by unknown 3rd parties, please cancel my order.
Regards, Paul.

2015-4-14
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.3

United States

There is a dedicated RTH button on the controller so I am going to say its safe to assume the RTH function will be there. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/remote-controller   Ground station and Waypoints will have to come from 3rd party though.
2015-4-14
Use props
utkinpol
New

United States

Core of a response from sales rep above was - "Phantom 3 is shrunk-function product of Inspire 1". So I would start from looking into Inspire functions and made assumptions from there. It will probably be a good product, eventually.
2015-4-14
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

honestly, for what on earth you need course Lock or home lock on a P3 with lightbridge? You will see the direction of the quad on your tablet on a map and you will see the live camera view and your distance from home etc.. CL and HL are functions for Phantoms witout camera and OSD.
2015-4-14
Use props
mohan.desilva
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The flight mode switch on the Inspre - P A F - in function mode (F) it acts as IOC like Course Lock. So should be the same
P stands - positioning like P-Gps, P-Opti or P-atti
A stands - positioning using the barometer only (Attitude)
F stands - function mode  - IOC is activated
2015-4-14
Use props
david.p.mann
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

As an Inspire 1 owner, I can tell you that - as of today - Course Lock and Home Lock IOC control modes are NOT available from the Inspire controller or DJI Pilot app.  However, they are available on my Phantom 2 Vision + Rev. 3 quadcopter controller in Naza-M mode.  In addition, the waypoints/ground station functionality of the DJI Vision app (which must be turned on in Options menu) for the P2V+3 is not yet implemented on the Inspire 1 DJI Pilot app.  This has been a major disappointment to many Inspire 1 owners.  It is possible, of course, that these features will be added to the Inspire 1 in the very near future as new firmware is currently in beta testing by a small group of beta test users.  However, the details of the new control software features are being kept secret.  It is clear that none of the very cool flight control modes listed at the bottom of the P3 Features page (Follow Me, Ground Station, Point of Interest) will be available at time of P3 launch and, likely, will never be available directly from DJI.  DJI indicates (not very clearly, in my opinion) that these are only possibly FUTURE SOMEDAY flight control capabilities totally dependent on third parties to develop using the DJI software developer's kit (SDK).
2015-4-14
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.3

United States

Inspire 1 only has course lock for the moment. I read it here, 2nd post down. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7470   Somebody correct me if Im wrong.  
2015-4-15
Use props
utkinpol
New

United States

No drone on current market is perfect. From what i read new solo unit is _the_ drone to get, but i hate its operational range and it is not clear yet how good is the new mount they made for gopro. Dji really made a huge mistake with this sdk thing, it will really affect their sales.

3DR senses market needs way better but price, range and overall situation quality is not clear. Dual computers is nice, redundancy is nice, but how well will it all work?  
Yet, if they will put those new solo units to every retail outfit, will offer proper warranty and support and repairs - it will win the market very fast and dji days will be over. Promise to replace whole unit including broken gear, broken camera etc.  if it goes down due to defect or malfunction - if it will indeed be true - it makes a big difference.
2015-4-15
Use props
t.katz
lvl.1

United States

The solo looks ok, but it gets quite expensive.  $1k for the quad, $400 for the mount, $500 for the Hero4 Black.  Granted, the separate mount is nice, and having a removable camera, but thats $1900.  At that price point I'd probably save towards an inspire which would give the bonus option of a second operator.
2015-4-15
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-4-14 21:24
honestly, for what on earth you need course Lock or home lock on a P3 with lightbridge? You will see ...

Flawed logic right there. Course Lock is huge for being able to fly a straight path and yaw the craft to focus on a subject. I use it all of the time. There is no other way to yaw while holding a travel direction with a P2.

To my knowledge there is no other way to do this with a P3 either. You must use Course Lock for this. And it has nothing to do with having Light Bridge.
2015-5-22
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

Tony@CVP Posted at 2015-5-23 11:36
Flawed logic right there. Course Lock is huge for being able to fly a straight path and yaw the cr ...

Thats because you "use" IOC for that kind of thing. it was deceloped as a tool for beginners, not for filming.
2015-5-23
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-5-23 16:00
Thats because you "use" IOC for that kind of thing. it was deceloped as a tool for beginners, not  ...

That is not true at all. Course lock is VERY SPECIFICALLY designed for filming. In other platforms it is referred to as cable flight. It is similar to flying your camera on a cable system to get the same type of shot. It is not at all "developed for beginners." It is a highly specialized function of the flight control system, making very specific types of shots available to us. Course lock is especially good when used for drag strip, swimming or track meets, or anywhere where flying a perfectly straight path while still maintaining the ability to yaw and pitch the camera is needed.

And if you roll the phantom while in Home Lock mode it flies a circle around the home point, while you can still yaw the air frame. This is similar to a point of interest feature, although not quite there yet. But it is still a specialized function and not intended for beginners at all.

I'm not trying to argue here. Just trying to keep everyone's minds open to these great features. They definitely are not only meant for beginners. As a matter of fact, DJI makes you click through several warning boxes when you enable them. Very specifically stating they ARE NOT for beginners.
2015-5-25
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

Tony@CVP Posted at 2015-5-26 04:42
That is not true at all. Course lock is VERY SPECIFICALLY designed for filming. In other platforms ...

We have different opnions about that i guess. ioc was made for beginner pilots who loose orientation of the aircrafts "nose" very fast. With ioc the front direction will never change and that is the key here, forward on the stick is always forward. I deactivated my ioc function because i fly with the monitor all the time. I can orbit around an object that way for example
2015-5-25
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

t.katz@me.com Posted at 2015-4-16 12:19
The solo looks ok, but it gets quite expensive.  $1k for the quad, $400 for the mount, $500 for the  ...

Yeah, but I wonder how many potential buyers there are out there who already own a GoPro?
It's beginning to look more and more like the crucial price point is somewhere between $1,000 and $1,500. Now that the Phantom 3 is shipping, the Blade 350 QX3 is selling for a $200 discount. The bird itself with only a GoPro mount (no gimbal) is selling for under $400.

With the Blade, you're still stuck with "rolling your own" as far as FPV is concerned - and you dare not try to get it from the GoPro WiFi. But, prior to the official release of the Solo, the Blade still seems to offer quite a bit of bang for the buck.

One could argue that the Inspire was really what we'd like to have with the P3, but there's a bunch of Inspire owners who aren't too happy either!

Detroit has enough problems already. Can you imagine their market if they told customers "...please stop bugging us about your new car. We're really busy with next year's models."
2015-5-25
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-5-26 04:48
We have different opnions about that i guess. ioc was made for beginner pilots who loose orientati ...

I think you are confusing IOC with the individual functions of IOC. IOC does not make it so "front direction will never change". I think you are referring to Home Lock, not IOC. Course Lock does not do that at all. It locks the orientation in to a grid pattern. Forward will not be away from you. And back will not be back to the home point. It could be perpendicular to you, or parallel to you, or whatever you choose. It is not for beginners. VERY SPECIFICALLY not for beginners. DJI EVEN WARNS YOU OF THE ADVANCED FLIGHTS CONTROLS, so that beginners do not mistakenly enable the functions without understanding what they do.

If it was as you say, it would come out of the box, stock, set up to do this. It very much DOES NOT come that way. You have to enable it, and click through several warnings.

But yeah, you can disagree, that's fine. I'm not going to change your mind. Just hope others don't read your posts and think they will not benefit from these advanced functions. They really are great tools in the toolbox.
2015-5-26
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Germany

Tony@CVP Posted at 2015-5-27 09:19
I think you are confusing IOC with the individual functions of IOC. IOC does not make it so "front ...

I think you are misinformed here. IOC is Home Lock and Course Lock. Both functions are made for beginners as a safety feature. Course Lock is made for beginners pilots who get confused when the nose of the quad is pointing for example at pilot himself which means left is not left anymore. By activating CL its very easy to control the quad.

HL goes a step further, the quad will fly directly back to the home position when the stick is pulled back regardless of the nose position as well. So both are great "tools" for the beginner. In the early pre FPV days with the Phantom1 i actually prefered HL over RTH in a situation when i couldnt realize the nose of the quad. By installing an FPV system to my Phantom1 and later P2 i had the iOSD modul for orientation and the FPV feed.

So yes, under the generic name IOC you have to great functions for beginners in the complete Phantom range. It wasnt made for filming because even the Phantom1 used it which had no FPV at all but it could be used as kind of "cable cam light" mode if you so will. You can do the same manually in combination with your FPV screen. For example by pointing the nose to an object and let the quad fly sideways
2015-5-26
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-5-27 15:55
I think you are misinformed here. IOC is Home Lock and Course Lock. Both functions are made for be ...

Exactly my point. You can most definitely NOT do the same without IOC. Try flying a straight path and yaw the craft. Doesn't work. You need IOC for that. I am not misinformed my friend. haha. Just have a different opinion, with supporting facts. Good luck trying  to do these advanced features with no IOC and just an FPV setup. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to yaw the craft while maintaining a straight path without IOC.
2015-5-27
Use props
timonlisa
New

Australia

Tony@CVP Posted at 2015-5-27 23:35
Exactly my point. You can most definitely NOT do the same without IOC. Try flying a straight path  ...

You are right 100% This feature is only for people who wants to do more pro video clips. I can’t imagine filming and rotating camera alongside the cliff or rocky mountain. Depending on FPV in this scenario is too dangerous. This pro feature is not necessary for hobbyist which enjoy flying and having impression that they have full control on this toy similar to the computer games.
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules