963 9 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

So what is going on with DJI Go? Was in the middle of a over water flight and suddenly DJI Go crashes. Fortunately the RC remained connected, but needlessly to say, it was butt puckering! Finished the flight while having to constantly restart DJI Go. Figured phone (iPhone 7 plus) was overheating, cooled it down, and took off for another flight... Same crap!

Did the uninstall, reinstall of the app, synced it all up, both both of those flights recorded only 1 minute of flight time. Not very happy about this!
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exactly the same thing happened to me earlier today - flying my new Mavic Platinum on latest FW and latest GO 4 app on my iPhone 7 +. First flight was perfect then switched batteries, took off on the second flight and a few minutes in the app crashed. Relaunched the app during flight and it kept crashing - had to land by VLOS early on 2nd flight recording only 2 minutes in the flight records. When I got back to my car with the drone and RC safely in the case and turned off, I relaunched the app to check my footage in the Editor and it continued to crash - looks like it's not the drone/RC connection but either IOS or GO 4. I deleted the app then reinstalled it. Took it to another familiar location later on and the first flight was again perfect, switched batteries and yep, the app CRASHED AGAIN and kept crashing - landed early once more!
On my way home I checked the app with just the mobile turned on and it continued to crash again. I've deleted the app once more, deleted all cached videos and photos (in case any files were corrupted), upgraded to IOS 11.2, rebooted, reinstalled GO 4, rebooted, cleared web history, turned everything back on. Reset the camera, switched to PAL (as in the UK), changed the micro SD card to a Sandisk extreme 32gb U3, set the camera from reset to continuous, formatted the card, recalibrated the IMU and gimbal. I've turned the app on and off several times since and during all of these updates and an indoor flight test the app has not crashed as yet. The only thing left that I hope I don't have to do is turn off cache videos during flight as that would make the editor tool in the app pointless. So far, it seems to be OK but I won't know for sure until my next flights. DJI really needs to sort this out ASAP - today was the first time I have ever had an app crash using DJI drones with IOS and it must have crashed a good 20 times! On the two flights it didn't crash the MPP performed brilliantly - shame as I have waited weeks to finally fly the platinum then this happens.
2017-12-2
Use props
Daniels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89242 ft
New Zealand

App keeps crashing while I’m trying to post about the same issues as everyone else, really annoying, please sort this out ASAP.
2017-12-2
Use props
jongsx919
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14209 ft
United States

App crashing on mine as well, was having issues with it connecting as well, and I can't even send a notification via the app as it crashes every time
2017-12-2
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

How many of you have Litchi installed too? Just a thought...
2017-12-2
Use props
Daniels
lvl.1
New Zealand

No litchi app, just run with DJI apps. Keeping it simple.
2017-12-2
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same for me, repeat crashes of Go on iPhone 7, never happened before. Have now reinstalled and will try again tomorrow
2017-12-2
Use props
Daniels
lvl.1
New Zealand

Apple have just updated my iPad mini 4, let’s see what that has done.
2017-12-2
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

***FIXED***

Okay everyone, it isn't an app issue as much is it is a maxed out cache issue. Clear your cache versus deleting your app and losing any flight data. I lost over 40 minutes of flight time today doing what everyone suggested: sync, delete, reinstall, resync. Yes, that does work, but only because it just wiped out your cache. Hope this helps!
2017-12-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-2 16:22
***FIXED***

Okay everyone, it isn't an app issue as much is it is a maxed out cache issue. Clear your cache versus deleting your app and losing any flight data. I lost over 40 minutes of flight time today doing what everyone suggested: sync, delete, reinstall, resync. Yes, that does work, but only because it just wiped out your cache. Hope this helps!

If you look at the latest GO 4 update it states under the Spark section that they cleared a bug which caused the app to crash when stitching panos... I took 180 panos on both my first flights before the app started crashing on the 2nd flights. I'm sure that this has something to do with it as the bug that was in the Spark may still be present in the Mavic. I won't take any panos and see if that helps now that I've reset and updated everything. DJI - you really need to get a fix out in version .19 of GO 4 or a FW update in the Mavic series asap. It's clear that this is a software failure and not the RC, connection or AC.  
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules