967 4 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jracz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 444439 ft
United Kingdom

Hi mates,

I upgraded all firmwares on my P4 devices lately and can see on my iPhone screen the following new options in intelligent modes: Draw, Gesture, Tripod. Do they work with P4 (not P4 pro or advance). Haven't used the drone for half a year. Will appreciate any info.

Kind Regards
Janusz
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Janusz, yes, they are new functions for P4. 1.png
2017-12-4
Use props
jracz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 444439 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-4 00:16
Hi Janusz, yes, they are new functions for P4. [view_image]

Thank you.
Reg, new restriction: I understand, that should I use DGI GO or Litchi, I'll still be able to fly up to 120 m, right?
Reg follow terrain mode: does it work in a steep mountain?  In this case, does the aircraft ascend or hover?

Thanks
Janusz
2017-12-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jracz Posted at 2017-12-6 03:01
Thank you.
Reg, new restriction: I understand, that should I use DGI GO or Litchi, I'll still be able to fly up to 120 m, right?
Reg follow terrain mode: does it work in a steep mountain?  In this case, does the aircraft ascend or hover?

After updates you only need to log into your DJI account via the DJI Go 4 App' once. This then removes the 30m & 50m restriction, and provided you have not logged out of your account on the App' that should be it. After that no internet connection is needed to fly.

In follow terrain mode, the aircraft will automatically detect and follow a slope upwards as it moves forward. According to the Manual this will work on a slope up to 20 degree incline.

In terrain follow mode it does not descend at all, so it would stay at its current altitude when returning.
This lack of descent functionality in terrain follow mode would remove any chance of losing control signal should your aircraft be moving uphill and there is a dip in the ground where the aircraft would drop out of sight (and communication) if it followed the terrain down.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jracz Posted at 2017-12-6 03:01
Thank you.

For the new restriction,  you won't be restricted if you logged your DJI account into the DJI GO 4 APP. Like Aardvark mentioned, you only need to log into it once when you have internet access, then don't log out it. After that, no internet connection is needed to fly.
For the Terrain follow mode, this mode is designed for use on grassland sloped at no more than 20°. Here is a screenshot for your reference, for more details, please visit: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.6.pdf 1.png
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules