Phantom 4 Pro Plus Crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GBO2
lvl.2
United States

These pictures are from my first crash and hopefully my last with my Phantom 4 Pro Plus. I'm not mechanically inclined but it may need a shell and I priced a new Gimbal/Camera but it was $699.00. I can't see putting that much into a new Aircraft. The Gimbal appears to have several parts but I don't know what part or parts to order. Open for suggestions please.

Thanks for your help in this matter

Ralph

Shell Damage

Shell Damage

Gimbal broken

Gimbal broken
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ralph, we're sorry to hear about your crash. To ensure the safety and performance, we'd recommend you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers. Besides, unauthorized modification will void the warranty, for details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
You can refer to this link to contact the DJI Support, they'll help you to start a case.  https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-12-4
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

Sad to see the damage - especially on a Pro + with all those sensors around it.

Out of interest what caused the crash, the reason I ask is that since the latest Firmware updates many users are experiencing poor RF signal strength performance.  Being new to P4's and DJI  my concern is about the stability of the RF signals to and from the RC.  If your crash was caused by lose of signal and the automatic "return to home" kicked in many of us might be faced with the same devastating outcome !

DJI Mods have yet to reply to my inquiry as to why we are seeing low video feed RF signal levels (-90dBm) and warnings in the app (I live in a semi rural location).

Hope you get her fixed soon!
2017-12-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That hurts looking at that.   Send to DJI repair for a quote.
2017-12-4
Use props
GBO2
lvl.2
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-4 06:40
That hurts looking at that.   Send to DJI repair for a quote.

Will do thanks!!!!!!!!!!
2017-12-4
Use props
GBO2
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-4 01:03
Ralph, we're sorry to hear about your crash. To ensure the safety and performance, we'd recommend you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers. Besides, unauthorized modification will void the warranty, for details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
You can refer to this link to contact the DJI Support, they'll help you to start a case.  https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

Will do and thanks for the info
2017-12-4
Use props
GBO2
lvl.2
United States

skyguy17 Posted at 2017-12-4 01:21
Sad to see the damage - especially on a Pro + with all those sensors around it.

Out of interest what caused the crash, the reason I ask is that since the latest Firmware updates many users are experiencing poor RF signal strength performance.  Being new to P4's and DJI  my concern is about the stability of the RF signals to and from the RC.  If your crash was caused by lose of signal and the automatic "return to home" kicked in many of us might be faced with the same devastating outcome !

Thanks for your interest. I was out and about flying but when I pressed the RTH button on the Remote Controller it shot straight up and out of control into a tree. It happened so quick that I didn't have time to react.  I hope and pray that DJI will send me a replacement because it was purchased Oct 4th 2017.  
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

GBO2 Posted at 2017-12-4 13:05
Will do and thanks for the info

You are welcome, hope it can be sorted out shortly.
2017-12-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GBO2 Posted at 2017-12-4 13:12
Thanks for your interest. I was out and about flying but when I pressed the RTH button on the Remote Controller it shot straight up and out of control into a tree. It happened so quick that I didn't have time to react.  I hope and pray that DJI will send me a replacement because it was purchased Oct 4th 2017.

I wouldn't expect a free replacement.
When you initiate RTH the Phantom will always climb to the RTH height you have set.
Pressing the RTH button under tree cover is always going to end badly.
2017-12-4
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

i agree with labroides,maybe change rth settings for enviroment you are flying in.  sorry for your crash.
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules