Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The battery is not smarter ?
1262 9 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony911
lvl.2
Italy

After flying the last time with the MP, the next day I charge the batteries and keep everything waiting to use it on another occasion.
Cause little time available, for about a month I can not use it. When this is possible, sure that the batteries are
discharges (the time for self-discharge is set at 10 days) I am going to recharge them.
Insert in the loading distributor, in one of the three LEDs that indicate the charge do not light up. In the first instance I think the battery has failed, then I press the power button and the 4 LEDs light up, I think once again that it is faulty and I worry about not being able to trust in flight.
A further check I do it by inserting it in the MP, percentage control of charge, cells, temperature, discharge time, everything is normal, to remove some doubt, use it carefully trying the flight (low) and its duration, everything is in normal.
Once downloaded, the next day after setting the download time in 5 days, the reload and rest waiting for these to spend. After these and other days, the battery does not start the self-discharge, which normally happens in the other two.
All the firmware updates released by DJI to date have been successful and I have always updated the batteries, the DJI go 4 app is updated to the latest version and I use an iPhone 7 Plus with IOS 11 as well he always updated to date
What happened ? Can I trust 100% in flying?

2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Tony, did you accidentally check the battery level during the self-discharge? Does the issue appear in other batteries?
2017-12-10
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-10 23:32
Hi Tony, did you accidentally check the battery level during the self-discharge? Does the issue appear in other batteries?

Susan, in terms of battery discharge? can these batteries be left unused for weeks or months and recharged? or will they become unusable?
2017-12-11
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Read in manual that the battery automatically reduces power to 65% after 10 days.

Then there 'shouldn't be ' an issue recharging the battery to 100% for use.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-11 07:55
Susan, in terms of battery discharge? can these batteries be left unused for weeks or months and recharged? or will they become unusable?

Sir, as you mentioned in 4#, it is recommended to refer the user manual to maintain the intelligent batteries. If there is anything wrong of the battery within the warranty period, feel free to contact us for further assistance.
2017-12-12
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-12 01:18
Sir, as you mentioned in 4#, it is recommended to refer the user manual to maintain the intelligent batteries. If there is anything wrong of the battery within the warranty period, feel free to contact us for further assistance.

I guess my experience isn't so bad because I haven't flown in more than 10 days and the batter level when I checked yesterday was still at 100%.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-12 05:04
I guess my experience isn't so bad because I haven't flown in more than 10 days and the batter level when I checked yesterday was still at 100%.

Does this happen every time? How about setting the self-discharge as 3 days or 5 days? Leave the battery alone and do not press the power button to check the battery level during this period, or it will reset the timer.
2017-12-13
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-13 20:08
Does this happen every time? How about setting the self-discharge as 3 days or 5 days? Leave the battery alone and do not press the power button to check the battery level during this period, or it will reset the timer.

This is really the first time that I haven't flown in over two weeks. I typically fly several days a week but all good, no complaints here especially if it's working.  No news is good news. We shall see in the days/weeks ahead to find out how they perform during take off and flights. Fingers crossed.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-14 05:27
This is really the first time that I haven't flown in over two weeks. I typically fly several days a week but all good, no complaints here especially if it's working.  No news is good news. We shall see in the days/weeks ahead to find out how they perform during take off and flights. Fingers crossed.

Noted with thanks! Please keep an eye of the battery before take-off. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
2017-12-15
Use props
Cary Poole
New
United States

I have a battery related question as well.  I got an indicator signal that a battery was low on power, brought the drone down and changed out the battery.  The changed battery remains solidly with two green bubbles, but will not fully charge.  It also will not turn off when the off button is depressed twice.   
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules