Obstacles avoidance at 250 feet
1844 9 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

I was flying yesterday and turned to fly south and was unable. Not sure it the sun was to bright ti that direction and was causing the issue or if there was a UFO with a cloaking device in my way.
2017-12-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I've seen OA triggered by things other than the sun (an outdoor light at night, fog, etc.), so that's probably all it was. If you want confirmation of this then upload the flight log (TXT file) from your mobile device to PhantomHelp using these instructions and provide a link to the uploaded log in this thread.
2017-12-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of pilots have experience this, I don’t believe it’s something to be considered about. But as droneflying said upload your logs to ease any concerns.
2017-12-3
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve had this as well. Always on sunny days. Perhaps cloaked UFOs only fly on sunny days...
2017-12-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was triggered by the sun, happens to me all the time.....
2017-12-3
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

My bet is on the UFO
2017-12-3
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

or a very fat pigeon
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, it should be triggered by the sun if you were flying toward the sun that time. Please note that the OA system will not work properly when it faces directly to the strong light or sunlight. So if you need to fly so, you can try to disable the obstacle avoidance in this circumstance, but please also take care of the environment if you disable it.
2017-12-4
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

I would respectfully add that FORWARD OA is potentially dangerous because a pilot might rely on it, and would suggest that FORWARD OA should be DISABLED by default, and only used in very rare and specific situations. DOWNWARD OA is handy though because it provides a more stable positioning while near the ground or roofs and such.
2017-12-4
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I've had this happen a few times myself. I have seen passenger jets flying over me at high altitudes at the same time too though. I was only 100m high at the times so i doubt it was them doing it lol
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules