RIOTINTO MINES PART 2
1559 24 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

This is my first video edited in Premiere Pro, which is very difficult to use when you are a noob like me, I'm learning to use it by watching and reading tutorials on web, so I still have to improve alot i know, specially with the image correction, there a some images of the footage that are totally burned on the output which were much better expossed in the raw footage. Eventho I have tried to compensate and fix it in post I have not been able to do so, so I guess I'll have to try harder next time by dedicating more time investigating the web and by try and failure method.

Despite all that I do hope you enjoy the video, any tip and suggestion and constuctive critics are more than welcome.

The arid area of Rio Tinto, a former mining  area in the Huelva district of Andalusia, was the site chosen to test a  new space suit and a prototype unmanned rover named Eurobot.

The unusual chemical and geological make-up of the landscape makes it  the closest to conditions on the Red Planet in Europe, scientists said.

"This is a dress rehearsal for the biggest journey our civilisation has  ever taken," said Gernot Groemer of the Austrian Space Forum who led  the expedition team to Spain last week.

"We have a mineral here called jarosite - and that is exactly what we have on Mars."

The team tested new technology that has been three years in development  - a spacesuit simulator called Aouda X, which has been partially funded  by the Europlanet network.

source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ ... testing-ground.html

2017-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great footage!
Some shots were very short but I think that is intentional.
2017-12-3
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-12-3 23:56
Great footage!
Some shots were very short but I think that is intentional.

Thank you, yes it was intentional as I tried to follow the beat/ rhythm of the music, thanks for your comment.
2017-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-12-4 00:59
Thank you, yes it was intentional as I tried to follow the beat/ rhythm of the music, thanks for your comment.

I thought so already, personally I would have cut slightly longer shots.
Also on the beat of course, but not that soon.
But that is a opinion of course
2017-12-4
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

I would agree with Montfrooij, the clips change a bit too quick. Not enough time to enjoy the view.
2017-12-4
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-12-4 01:12
I thought so already, personally I would have cut slightly longer shots.
Also on the beat of course, but not that soon.
But that is a opinion of course

Yes you are absolutely right, I'm learning by myself to edit in Premiere Pro so I'm just trying out all sort of things, and I was so exciting to discover the "mark" option to cut videos according to the music, so I just took it to the extreme..this is a sort of an experiment... ;-)
2017-12-4
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

jksphoto Posted at 2017-12-4 04:35
I would agree with Montfrooij, the clips change a bit too quick. Not enough time to enjoy the view.

You are right, it was a sort of experiment, the next one is a bit less stressing to the view...;-)
2017-12-4
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-12-4 04:41
Yes you are absolutely right, I'm learning by myself to edit in Premiere Pro so I'm just trying out all sort of things, and I was so exciting to discover the "mark" option to cut videos according to the music, so I just took it to the extreme..this is a sort of an experiment... ;-)

I downloaded Premiere Pro's trial. That's a big programme to learn. I would say you have done good. I'm still doing my flight edits on imovie, which is very basic in comparison
2017-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-12-4 04:41

Ah I know.
M M  M  M
Great shortcut
2017-12-4
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

jksphoto Posted at 2017-12-4 04:48
I downloaded Premiere Pro's trial. That's a big programme to learn. I would say you have done good. I'm still doing my flight edits on imovie, which is very basic in comparison

It is big and deep, very difficult to start with and I have spend many hours watching and reading tutorials, if or when I manage to edit fluently with it, it will be awesome as you can do almost anything with PP.
Thanks you for you like and comment. ;-)
2017-12-4
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-12-4 04:55
Ah I know.
M M  M  M
Great shortcut

Hahaha...yeah it is indeed
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

wooow! Great, Viking!
2017-12-6
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Thanks Grace, I'm glad you like it, need to improve a lot yet in editing and shooting...and I'm working on it
2017-12-6
Use props
MEALSOLUTIONS
lvl.1
United States

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-12-6 03:56
Thanks Grace, I'm glad you like it, need to improve a lot yet in editing and shooting...and I'm working on it

Good job. That's a great location! Aside from the short cuts, I'd say the biggest thing would be to try and get smoother footage. A lot of the shots are gorgeous, and along with them not being on the screen long, there were slight jerks/agitation that makes it hard to focus.
2017-12-6
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

MEALSOLUTIONS Posted at 2017-12-6 06:51
Good job. That's a great location! Aside from the short cuts, I'd say the biggest thing would be to try and get smoother footage. A lot of the shots are gorgeous, and along with them not being on the screen long, there were slight jerks/agitation that makes it hard to focus.

Thank you so  much for your comment and recomendation MEALSOLUTIONS, I have learned a lot from this video so I hope the next ones will be better.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-12-6 03:56

I think you improved a lot! Just share more here!
2017-12-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video.
2017-12-6
Use props
Henry-M
lvl.2

Australia

amazing photos
2017-12-6
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-12-6 17:55
I think you improved a lot! Just share more here!

Thanks a lot for your kind words Grace, doing my best ;-)
2017-12-6
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Thanks a lot Lucas775, I'm glad you like it ;-)
2017-12-6
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Thank you Henry, I'm glad you like it, thanks for the comment
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Viking, thanks for sharing with us! You already have a good beginning
2017-12-10
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-10 20:04
Hey Viking, thanks for sharing with us! You already have a good beginning

Thanks a lot Susan for your kind comment, I'm glad you like it.
2017-12-11
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-6
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

CharlieZ Posted at 1-6 16:17
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the comment CharlieZ, I'm glad you like it.
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules