Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji editing software
2284 10 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Lee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys,

So I usually edit from the SD card on my PC but today I messed about with the Dji editing software with the footage from my phone.
Now I know that is poor quality footage when coming from the phone but I think the editing app looks like it could produce some nice videos.
Is there any sort of Dji editing software I can install and use on my PC? So I can edit off the SD card.
If not (One for the Dji Staff members) Is this somnething you could ask the developers to consider.
GoPro have their own editing software so why can't you.

Cheers,
Paul

2017-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No unfortunately not, yes the dji editing is pretty neat but lacks quality would be nice if editing could be done in 1080, maybe someday soooooooon.
2017-12-3
Use props
Paul Lee
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-3 07:07
No unfortunately not, yes the dji editing is pretty neat but lacks quality would be nice if editing could be done in 1080, maybe someday soooooooon.

Hopefully....
2017-12-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The GoPro software is pretty basic and just allows beginners to produce easy and quick videos. One can find very good independent software even for free. A good place to search is www.download.com . And semi-professional editing software is also not very expensive but can do so much more.
Oh, not long ago somebody recommended "Da Vinci Resolve" in this forum and achieves remarkable results with it. I have not really tested it yet, but a first look at it was very promising. It is free, simply do a Google search for it.
2017-12-3
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Nice achieved, i can't get more than 30-40 seconds videos out of the app, when I reach more than that I get a message saying that the app does not support that video and then it just crash.
2017-12-3
Use props
Paul Lee
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-12-3 07:57
Nice achieved, i can't get more than 30-40 seconds videos out of the app, when I reach more than that I get a message saying that the app does not support that video and then it just crash.

I had the same problem but if you go into editor and select your video then select clip it starts playback with a scissor icon below it.
Press on the scissors and it will start clipping then when you have a clip press the tick button, It will continue to play just repeat the process of cutting segments.
Once done you can save these clips and use them in a longer video.

Hope I explained that well enough......

Cheers,
Paul
2017-12-3
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Captain
Spain

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-3 08:48
I had the same problem but if you go into editor and select your video then select clip it starts playback with a scissor icon below it.
Press on the scissors and it will start clipping then when you have a clip press the tick button, It will continue to play just repeat the process of cutting segments.
Once done you can save these clips and use them in a longer video.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that the next time
2017-12-3
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-12-3 11:47
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that the next time

well if you download the original files from the spark to the phone the  video is much better

and if youre not editing professionaly i think its pretty much ok..

i mean for me to edit on my phone is reducing quality because i dont like using 3rd party apps (my local video player cant read the original video from the spark, so i cant edit it with local editors) so i use the samsung editor which is not that good but does the job.
so after editing from the DJI app from the original video from the spark, it always reduce the resolution to 1280x720 and than i upscale it with the samsung editor to 1920x1080 so the quality is pretty much ruined but for social media youtube like websites i think its pretty much ok...
but not for proffesional edit, for that you need a strong computer IMO.
2017-12-3
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Captain
Spain

SuperDrone Posted at 2017-12-3 12:04
well if you download the original files from the spark to the phone the  video is much better

and if youre not editing professionaly i think its pretty much ok..

I see, that's another way to do it ;-)
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Paul, I'm afraid that there is no DJI editing software for PC currently. This request will be forwarded to the designated team for further review. Thanks for your attention.
2017-12-10
Use props
Paul Lee
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-10 20:35
Hello Paul, I'm afraid that there is no DJI editing software for PC currently. This request will be forwarded to the designated team for further review. Thanks for your attention.

Thank you Susan.
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules