Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Corrupted Flight log entry
2568 19 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eried
First Officer
Flight distance : 655830 ft
Norway

DJI go crashed yesterday when landing and the last entry of the flight log is corrupted (only shows 2 mins and no movement happens in the recording, the real flight time was like 18 mins)

How can I recover the real log? I tried using DJI Assistant 2 / Data Upload but it hangs forever trying to load something

2017-12-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

How can I recover the real log?

I don't know of a way to recover a TXT file corrupted by the app crashing and would be surprised if it's even possible. If there's something important that you need to know about the flight you can always retrieve a copy of the DAT file from the Mavic itself, though, using these instructions.
2017-12-3
Use props
eried
First Officer
Norway

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-3 11:29
How can I recover the real log?

I don't know of a way to recover a TXT file corrupted by the app crashing and would be surprised if it's even possible. If there's something important that you need to know about the flight you can always retrieve a copy of the DAT file from the Mavic itself, though, using these instructions.

Thanks but when I try to follow these instructions, dji assistant nevers loads any item from the logs (loading marquee never stops spinning).

Should I format the mavic?
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Eried, if the app crashed during the flight, it might not be able to recover it. For the upload on DJI Assistant 2, it is not the same as the record in the app, it is the flight data restored on the drone. So you don't have to sync it. Is there a reason for recovering the record? If there is a need for analyzing, you can contact our support.nl@dji.com to start the ticket.
2017-12-4
Use props
BudWalker
Captain
Flight distance : 5426050 ft
  • >>>
United States

eried Posted at 2017-12-3 17:03
Thanks but when I try to follow these instructions, dji assistant nevers loads any item from the logs (loading marquee never stops spinning).

Should I format the mavic?

I presume the Mavic FW version is 01.03.0900 or later. If so, you must use version 1.1.6 of the DJI Assistant 2. If you're doing both of these can you provide a fuller description of "dji assistant nevers loads any item from the logs". Maybe a screenshot would help.
2017-12-4
Use props
eried
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 03:13
Hi Eried, if the app crashed during the flight, it might not be able to recover it. For the upload on DJI Assistant 2, it is not the same as the record in the app, it is the flight data restored on the drone. So you don't have to sync it. Is there a reason for recovering the record? If there is a need for analyzing, you can contact our  to start the ticket.

No, I do not need to recover them, I was just wondering. Having a broken log entry looks weird in the DJI go app. Like, the drone only rotates and there is no speed or inputs during the whole replay of that log entry (and it seems there is no way to delete it)
2017-12-6
Use props
eried
First Officer
Denmark

BudWalker Posted at 2017-12-4 04:57
I presume the Mavic FW version is 01.03.0900 or later. If so, you must use version 1.1.6 of the DJI Assistant 2. If you're doing both of these can you provide a fuller description of "dji assistant nevers loads any item from the logs". Maybe a screenshot would help.

It looks like that the whole time. Never loads anything.

I already tried with 1.12 and 1.1.6 with the same result.

Also tried formatting the drone SD card. Restoring the factory settings of the drone and even refreshing the latest firmware. Logs never appear.

I remember that few months ago I was able to see entries in the app, not anymore.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

eried Posted at 2017-12-6 06:58
No, I do not need to recover them, I was just wondering. Having a broken log entry looks weird in the DJI go app. Like, the drone only rotates and there is no speed or inputs during the whole replay of that log entry (and it seems there is no way to delete it)

Hi, you can delete the record by slipping the record to the left, then delete it.
2017-12-7
Use props
BudWalker
Captain
  • >>>
United States

eried Posted at 2017-12-6 07:01
[view_image]

It looks like that the whole time. Never loads anything.

I suspect that you're trying to use the old method of obtaining the .DAT files. If the Mavic FW version is 01..03.0900 or later then a new method is required. You must follow the instructions at http://www.datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3Dat.html#CompressedFile exactly. Use DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.6 and then use the Data Upload tab, not the Flight Data tab. The .DAT will not appear in a mounted drive on the host computer. Instead it will be compressed and placed inside a file with a name like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT.
2017-12-8
Use props
eried
First Officer
Norway

BudWalker Posted at 2017-12-8 06:15
I suspect that you're trying to use the old method of obtaining the .DAT files. If the Mavic FW version is 01..03.0900 or later then a new method is required. You must follow the instructions at http://www.datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3Dat.html#CompressedFile exactly. Use DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.6 and then use the Data Upload tab, not the Flight Data tab. The .DAT will not appear in a mounted drive on the host computer. Instead it will be compressed and placed inside a file with a name like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT.

Thanks! Using DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6, following that website, I got into:

It never loads
2017-12-8
Use props
BudWalker
Captain
  • >>>
United States

eried Posted at 2017-12-8 12:57
[view_image]

OK, I'm out of ideas. I've experienced missing flights a few times. But never had them all missing.
2017-12-9
Use props
jerome42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

I have the same problem !
2017-12-9
Use props
eried
First Officer
Norway

jerome42 Posted at 2017-12-9 06:03
I have the same problem !

Did you tried deleting entries? I deleted all the corrupt ones and it still does not work... Maybe a lot of people have the same issue but they don't use de Windows program
2017-12-11
Use props
jerome42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

eried Posted at 2017-12-11 09:25
Did you tried deleting entries? I deleted all the corrupt ones and it still does not work... Maybe a lot of people have the same issue but they don't use de Windows program

How to delete Aircraft log ?
2017-12-12
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Must not be that hard to add a function in DJI Go App that recovers "running" flightlog after a crash of the app and restarting it while flying the drone?

Many of us lost flightlogs because the app crashed (mainly Android users)... I already mentioned this in a  topic about flightlogs long time ago, didn;'t get picked-up bij one of the DJI moderators...
2017-12-12
Use props
damoUK
First Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

eried Posted at 2017-12-8 12:57
[view_image]

I get this too!!
2017-12-12
Use props
eried
First Officer
Norway

jerome42 Posted at 2017-12-12 09:20
How to delete Aircraft log ?

Go to the android app, log and slide an entry to the sides with your finger

But it does not really help. DJI has to fix the issue...

2017-12-12
Use props
eried
First Officer
Norway

Mari Posted at 2017-12-12 09:27
Must not be that hard to add a function in DJI Go App that recovers "running" flightlog after a crash of the app and restarting it while flying the drone?

May of us lost flightlogs because the app crashed (mainly Android users)... I already mentioned this in a  topic about flightlogs long time ago, didn;'t get picked-up bij one of the DJI moderators...

Sad to see an awesome machine shaded by crappy software.
2017-12-12
Use props
AndyNB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121040 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem trying to access the logs from a Mac. The Mavic did mount as a drive on the desktop despite the spinning icon, but I still couldn't copy the files.

Tried on a PC and it worked fine...
2018-7-5
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Had this exact issue - many missing flight log data - upon updating to a new version of software.  The app misbehaved in such a way as it cause me to lose the mavic.  Short story is as far as missing log data goes, DJI blamed it on signal interference based on one flight log that showed an interference warning.  The fact is that no flight log data had EVER been lost except for the software version that I was stating was defective in this way.  DJI ignored my position b/c of this one single piece of data.....they actually repeat this phrase often : "they only can make a determination based on an analysis of the data".  I then reviewed ALL my data records (via AirData)  from my prior 300+ flight logs (which DJI also was given) and discovered that their was not ever a single case in any data log if this ever happening - not once, only in the current software I was complaining about where it happened in many of my flights; a regular occurrence actually where only 1 log showed an interference warning - all the others did not..  I provided all 400 MB of flight data to DJI and told them that all this data proves the problem never existed until their software update.  They refuse to even acknowledge this. and the fact that my own data proves their analysis is false.  
2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules