Battery error!!
1310 4 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

5 minutes into a flight yesterday, bit cold but not enough to worry, & on my mobile device, top left corner next to DJI logo i see- "Battery voltage error" in RED letters.
I hastily bring her in close, hover at 12' over long grass while i go into voltage check & i see all cells at 3.6 to 3.7 & battery at 60%.
What gives? She;s flying as normal, so i let her hover & occasionaly hit throttle up full, to maybe 60' & back to low hover.(cells show normal drop when throttle up full)
Mavic flies as normal, no odd reactions, at 25% battery i get the low battery warning, & land as normal
I;m not sure when this warning appeared, i;ve got a feeling it was there from take off tho.
Any thoughts on what could have made this battery warning come up?
Thanks
ps- I;m going to take her out today, use that battery again & see if warning comes up again

2017-12-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If you provide the DAT file from the flight then someone can look at it and may be able to shed some light on why this happened. The instructions for accessing DAT files are here, and once you've retrieved it you'll need to upload the file to DropBox and provide a link in this thread. The correct file will have a date and time that corresponds to when the flight occurs and will be at least tens of megabytes in size.

My recommendation would be to not fly with the battery again until you have more information about why this occurred, but at a minimum I'd suggest that you keep the drone close and only fly over locations where it won't be lost if it falls from the sky (e.g., don't fly over open water).
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, the battery voltage error might appear due to the takeoff in a low temp environment. If you bring the drone to the air when the temperature of the battery itself has not reached to the best working temp, this warning might appear. In this case, you can try to do a battery prewarm before takeoff, leave it on the drone for a moment after powering it on.
But please don't keep flying with this error, or the drone might face a forced landing.
2017-12-4
Use props
fans366193c4
lvl.2

Slovenia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-4 01:42
Hi there, the battery voltage error might appear due to the takeoff in a low temp environment. If you bring the drone to the air when the temperature of the battery itself has not reached to the best working temp, this warning might appear. In this case, you can try to do a battery prewarm before takeoff, leave it on the drone for a moment after powering it on.
But please don't keep flying with this error, or the drone might face a forced landing.

Hello.I got on my Dji fpv drone the same. Red warning in goggles ( Battery error). But only when I'm in manual full power. If I put throttle down then warning  go away. Never happened in normal or sport only manual and is not cold or anything else for battery.Thos warning it appears only when the stick on controller is all the way up ( full power).
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans366193c4 Posted at 10-26 06:46
Hello.I got on my Dji fpv drone the same. Red warning in goggles ( Battery error). But only when I'm in manual full power. If I put throttle down then warning  go away. Never happened in normal or sport only manual and is not cold or anything else for battery.Thos warning it appears only when the stick on controller is all the way up ( full power).

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble. Could you please confirm what specific error message you received on the Goggles during the issue? Please provide us with a screenshot so we can further isolate and provide you with an accurate resolution. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules