Issues with new PH3SE Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437090 ft
Italy

I know I'm not the only one to complain about it but it seems I can'tm find a specific topic here.
Fact is that the latest firmware did something really wrong andh the latest app version is not helping...
I had no problem to control my Phantom 3 SE even a 1000 meters away before the update, I just used the 2.4 ghz connection, but after firmware 1.5.40 2.4 is no longer wornking and I can't go past 500 meters without loosing connection. Video signal is even worst and it makes it unsafe to fly!
I can't believe DJI has such poor support!

I already tried downgrading the firmware, but it did not help, 2.4ghz stil doesn't work!
Any solution? Do I have to consider selling my drone after just two weeks?
Sure I won't be buying the more expensive DJI products, I don't want to waste money on machines with no technical support!

2017-12-3
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54711 ft
Spain

#Quick Reply Here#I'm in the same situation as classmates ... I bought it because of the distance range it promised and now I feel cheated. Problems since I bought it. First for the SD card and now this.
2017-12-4
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Italy

Manuklx Posted at 2017-12-4 05:32
#Quick Reply Here#I'm in the same situation as classmates ... I bought it because of the distance range it promised and now I feel cheated. Problems since I bought it. First for the SD card and now this.

I'll have to check a filght, will do this later, but I might have solved something.
SURE is this:

I began experiencing frequent disconnections of my mobile from tx wifi since the latest app update and new firmware, many times I had to restart both tx and mobile wifi to have them connected.
I downgraded app (to 3.1.18) and aircraft firmware (to 1.3.20 which was working perfectly for me) and actually the link at first try with no problems.
As I don't think the aircraft firmware has anything to do with it, I guess the latest app version is totally messed up!
So, I suggest to look for an older version on the web, I got myno from apk4fun.
I'll post the result of my check, not sure if want dji to know how eventually I solved the problem!
2017-12-4
Use props
kvazar2014
lvl.2
Flight distance : 654160 ft
Russia

Will not help. I downloaded the old version of the program and firmware flies still a little.
2017-12-5
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-4 23:01
I'll have to check a filght, will do this later, but I might have solved something.
SURE is this:

To me with the firmware of house worked perfectly to me. I had to send it to the technical service because it did not recognize the sd card. When I returned repaired it was not the same drone. Nothing else take off loses signal and advance a little and does RTH.
I paid for a drone that promised 4km away and now I have a kite with rope that makes circles. Thanks mate for your comment.
2017-12-5
Use props
fansf7c583e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2192 ft
United Kingdom

I have just purchased a Phantom 3 Standard and today the DJI app is telling me to update the firmware for my aircraft. Should I do this or not ?
2017-12-5
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

fansf7c583e3 Posted at 2017-12-5 12:06
I have just purchased a Phantom 3 Standard and today the DJI app is telling me to update the firmware for my aircraft. Should I do this or not ?

If every thing works OK no!
2017-12-5
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Italy

Actually I still don't have any conclusional test result, I just find a way to go back to fcc anytime but as soon as gps is reached it go back to ce
2017-12-5
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Italy

Ok, sure there is no way to get it back to FCC with Android, it seems people with IOS devices solved the problem and switched back to FCC mode.
Congrats DJI! Great update!
I'm not furious for the  switch to CE mode, but I can't understand why Android devices can no longer use 2.4.ghz wich was much more stable and granted safety at higher distances.
Now, working only in 5ghz, 500 meters are just hard ro reach without video signal loss, totally unrespectfull towards customers!
2017-12-6
Use props
djiuser_ZWjaX4f
lvl.2
Russia

we all originally in CE flew. do not invent
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, if you are in a CE certificated area, the max transmission for Phantom 3 SE is 500 meters, please refer to the specs of the official website. Thank you for understanding.
Max Transmission Distance:
FCC Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km)
CE Compliant: 0.3 mi (500m)   
(Unobstructed, free of interference)
https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-se/info?lang=cn#specs
2017-12-9
Use props
vhanhisuanto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10030 ft
Finland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-9 02:54
Hi sir, if you are in a CE certificated area, the max transmission for Phantom 3 SE is 500 meters, please refer to the specs of the official website. Thank you for understanding.

Does Saab (owned by the Chinese company today) refer to the same policy? Advertising cars in Europe, giving top speeds of over 200kmh etc. BUT if driving in the Scandinavia, based on gps coordinates, limiting to 120kmh and start to deteriorate steering, brakes and visibility after 80kmh?

This is a similar scenario, I think none of us wants to break our regional laws but it would be even nice to have our 600€ piece of equipment fly nice and safe.
Or at least, give us the option of breaking the regulation, give us the freedom. Put a option of choice between FCC/CE, and make us click OK that we understand that we are breaking local rules, make even two or three popups on the app. Have that choice recorded on your database so you can not be anyway legally responsible of what we do and we (the flyers) are the only responsible people if we mess some radio frequency and something bad happens.

All we want is to fly our expensive drone safely, within the limits our local regulations.
2017-12-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Totally Agreed
2017-12-9
Use props
Manuklx
lvl.1
Spain

vhanhisuanto Posted at 2017-12-9 10:12
Does Saab (owned by the Chinese company today) refer to the same policy? Advertising cars in Europe, giving top speeds of over 200kmh etc. BUT if driving in the Scandinavia, based on gps coordinates, limiting to 120kmh and start to deteriorate steering, brakes and visibility after 80kmh?

This is a similar scenario, I think none of us wants to break our regional laws but it would be even nice to have our 600€ piece of equipment fly nice and safe.

You can say higher, but not clearer!!!!!!!!
2017-12-9
Use props
djiuser_ZWjaX4f
lvl.2
Russia

which are 500 meters. I lose the signal at a distance of 100-200 meters. vertically up 40. which 500? this is a bug in the program is neither CE nor anyone who told you that we are flying at 500?
2017-12-9
Use props
djiuser_ZWjaX4f
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-9 02:54

which are 500 meters. I lose the signal at a distance of 100-200 meters. vertically up 40. which 500? this is a bug in the program is neither CE nor anyone who told you that we are flying at 500?
2017-12-9
Use props
vhanhisuanto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10030 ft
Finland

djiuser_ZWjaX4f Posted at 2017-12-9 22:08

I'm currently testing in sub-urb area, never had a chance to get over 70m altitude or even near 200m distance before breaking connection. I hope I get to fly by my brothers ranch soon, which is in the middle of nowhere. There I can test this bird thoroughly
2017-12-9
Use props
Peandreo
New

Portugal

Im thinking buying this drone, if i dont update the drone and get an old app do dji go, i will get more distante and get rid of this problem in the last update?
2017-12-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

fixing the firmware will solve the problems ... Just waiting for it..
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_ZWjaX4f Posted at 2017-12-9 22:09

Hi, Russian Federation applies CE certification; the figures above are the max distance for the drone in each area. For altitude, in which certificated area will be able to fly up to 500 meters.
For your case, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below. Also, update your drone and RC to the consistency or latest version. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance. If the issue persists, you can also send the drone to the repair center and we will manage an overall check. Thank you.

2017-12-11
Use props
kvazar2014
lvl.2
Russia

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php? ... =1320#entry67996625
The Russian forum solved the problem
2017-12-11
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-11 03:53
Hi, Russian Federation applies CE certification; the figures above are the max distance for the drone in each area. For altitude, in which certificated area will be able to fly up to 500 meters.
For your case, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below. Also, update your drone and RC to the consistency or latest version. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance. If the issue persists, you can also send the drone to the repair center and we will manage an overall check. Thank you.

Man, don't try to give people the shame!
First, it's not only a matter of ce and fcc: nobody I know using android systems is still able to switch between 2.4ghz and 5ghz, sure it's not a "ce limitation"!
500 meters is the CE limit but after the latest firmware it's hard to reach 400, how do you explain that?
You want more? I wa si CE mode and could fly 720 meters with no problems (open area, nothing between me and ac, etch.), now, same place, I can't reach 500 meters, how's that?
Don't try to hide DJI's bad programming with supposed people ignorance, it's totally unprofessional and offensive!
Take your resonsabilities and solve the problem, FAST!
I contacted the technical support for the 2.4/5ghz switching problem more than a week ago: they had no answear and still nobody came back!
You answear is just another brick in the "I won't buy DJI products ever more" wall!
2017-12-12
Use props
fans175669d9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93494 ft
Russia

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-12 13:27
First, it's not only a matter of ce and fcc: nobody I know using android systems is still able to switch between 2.4ghz and 5ghz, sure it's not a "ce limitation"!
500 meters is the CE limit but after the latest firmware it's hard to reach 400, how do you explain that?

Full support! Solve the problem, do not ignore the opinion of users around the World!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-12 13:27
First, it's not only a matter of ce and fcc: nobody I know using android systems is still able to switch between 2.4ghz and 5ghz, sure it's not a "ce limitation"!

Sir, I understand your feeling, but as you can see on the specs below, the transmitter range in CE mode is always 500 meters, either in 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz. It needs to fly in an ideal condition to reach that limit, if there is interference around the flight environment, when it might not be able to reach that distance. Besides, it is depending on the country regulations to release 5.8GHz frequency or not. If your country doesn't support 5.8GHz, then it cannot change it. Thank you so much for your support. 2.png
2017-12-13
Use props
kvazar2014
lvl.2
Russia

2017-12-13
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-13 05:59
Sir, I understand your feeling, but as you can see on the specs below, the transmitter range in CE mode is always 500 meters, either in 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz. It needs to fly in an ideal condition to reach that limit, if there is interference around the flight environment, when it might not be able to reach that distance. Besides, it is depending on the country regulations to release 5.8GHz frequency or not. If your country doesn't support 5.8GHz, then it cannot change it. Thank you so much for your support.[view_image]

Are you kidding me?
Have you seen that number you outlined under "ce compliant"? it sais 500!
I just told you with new firmware and upp I could not fly more than 300m and many people can't even reach 200!
ADD to this that the 2.4 ghz frequency you talk about IS NOT WORKING ON ANY ANDROID DEVICE!
Man, that's crazy, do you guys at DJI really think we're all dumb??
I AM NOT ASKING SOMETHING ILLEGAL!
I AM NOT ASKING FOR FCC.
I ONLY WANT MY PHNATOM 3 SE TO REACH 500 METERS WITHOUT LOOSING SIGNAL AND WORK CORRECTLY AS YOU ADVERTISE!!
Did I make it clear????
2017-12-13
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Italy

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-13 14:31
Are you kidding me?
I just told you with new firmware and upp I could not fly more than 300m and many people can't even reach 200!

One more thing!
MY COUNTRY (ITALY) FULLY SUPPORT 5.8 Ghz, and I sue it wiht other products eorking much better than yours!
ADD to this that IT WAS WORKING before the latest updates, so why is it not woking NOW?
AND, I repeat, I was able to fly 720 meters before loosing signal where now I can only reach 300: that may mean two things:
1 I was in FCC but it is NOT TRUE THAT 4KM CAN BE REACHED or
2 That I was in CE mode and the actual problem lays somewhere else!

Thank you
2017-12-13
Use props
DroneAndy
lvl.2
Italy

It seems you didn't even read my posts, just answear nonsenses: the frequency no longer working with android is 2.4 ghz, 5.8 is the only choice!!
My country FULLY SUPPORT 5.8 Ghz!

2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DroneAndy Posted at 2017-12-13 14:31
Are you kidding me?

Hi Andy, I am sincerely sorry for the late reply. So now you are unable to fly more than 300 meters in every environment, right? If you have tried many locations, would you please help to export the data from the drone so I can help to start a data analysis? We can analyze it through the data.
Please kindly sync your record to the cloud and PM me with your email account, at the same time, please also follow the steps below, upload the data to Dropbox so I can forward them to our engineers.
And for 2.4 and 5.8GHz issue, so you are in Italy, right? It would be really nice if you can provide me with the operating video that you can not switch the frequency.
1. Turn on the aircraft and remote controller. Launch the DJI GO app. Under Main Controller Settings, tap Advanced Settings and then Enter Flight Data Mode.
2. Insert one end of the USB cable to the Micro USB port on the aircraft (not the one on the gimbal) and the other end to the PC. A folder will pop up on the screen (with a storage of 4GB) and the .dat files in it are flight records.
Appreciate much of your help. Thank you again.
2017-12-18
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Instead of so many faults here and bad reports... Does anyone..I mean really anyone p3 SE WORKS OK after these updates???
2017-12-18
Use props
djiuser_KmJvEhG
lvl.1

Russia

Hello everyone. I have the same problem with update firmware. After update my DJI PSE 3 turned into a pumpkin. I've rolled back to DJI Go 3.1.8 and seems its ok now. So it is funny to read DJI support recommendations about  correct control a drone. Yesterday I lost RC control signal then drone go away to 60-70 m in the direct sight and clear weather. Today with using DJI GO 3.1.8 with more worst weather I never lost the RC signal and my drone go away to 300 m and hide behind the trees.
Here is app info:

Here is flight in the fog:
[media=x,970,580] [/media]
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules