Gimbal makes a grinding noise after firmware update
1032 11 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

I read on here that there is possibly a Beta firmware to correct a bad formware update that affected my gimbal. After the update when you tun on the aircraft and the gimbal attempts to self center, it sounds like the gears are grinding, this can't be good. You can tap the gimbal and it will stop but this still is not normal.
Can someone in admin please respond to this and provide me with a link and instructions to a firmware update to correct this problem please?

It is the Phantom 3 Advanced
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MidjCo Posted at 2018-1-8 16:05
Just wanted to let you know that my bird is in the hands of UPS and heading for repair. I will let you know what they find.

Thank you Thor for your assistance

Noted that, if there is a need, you can also provide me with your case number, I will help to keep an eye on it.
2018-1-9
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-4 03:42
Sorry mate, I can really feel your upset, and I know it is frustrating, but after confirming, it is not a firmware issue but the hardware. If you are in the US, you don't need to send it back to China to repair, please kindly click on the link below to apply for the online repair, or you can also send an email to  for a further help. We appreciate your understanding.

Just wanted to let you know that my bird is in the hands of UPS and heading for repair. I will let you know what they find.

Thank you Thor for your assistance
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2018-1-3 16:11
So,... I'm going to have to pay to ship this thing back to China? When none of these issues occurred until after a firmware update.

I, for the life of me, can't fathom why I can't be provided with a firmware fix like so many others have been granted and had the Chatter problem fixed.

Sorry mate, I can really feel your upset, and I know it is frustrating, but after confirming, it is not a firmware issue but the hardware. If you are in the US, you don't need to send it back to China to repair, please kindly click on the link below to apply for the online repair, or you can also send an email to support.us@dji.com for a further help. We appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-4
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-1 22:29
Hi MidiCo, I got news from our engineers. It's the issue with the gimbal Yaw, please kindly send it back for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

So,... I'm going to have to pay to ship this thing back to China? When none of these issues occurred until after a firmware update.

I, for the life of me, can't fathom why I can't be provided with a firmware fix like so many others have been granted and had the Chatter problem fixed.

You have no idea how irritated this makes me. How are they, the Engineers, going to say there is a Gimbal Yaw problem from watching the video. The thing is doing exactly what Numerous others were doing because of a bad firmware and they were provided a Beta firmware that fixed the problem.

Unbelievable!
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2017-12-18 03:55
Thanks for looking into it for me

Hi MidiCo, I got news from our engineers. It's the issue with the gimbal Yaw, please kindly send it back for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2017-12-18 03:55

No problems, I will also help to keep an eye on it. Will surely reply you once I hear anything from them.
2017-12-18
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-17 19:01
Hi Joe, I am terribly sorry for keeping you waiting, but I haven't heard something back from the engineers. I had informed them to escalate the case, I really hope that there is something I can advise you to do to resolve the issue. Appreciate your patience.

2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MidjCo Posted at 2017-12-16 04:36
Hi Thor,

It has been quit a while now. How do I find out if any progress has been made? I would really like to get this issue resolved. I don't know why it has to be such an issue just to get a firmware update......

Hi Joe, I am terribly sorry for keeping you waiting, but I haven't heard something back from the engineers. I had informed them to escalate the case, I really hope that there is something I can advise you to do to resolve the issue. Appreciate your patience.
2017-12-17
Use props
MidjCo
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-9 03:09
Hi sir, we had discussed this issue in another thread, will inform the engineers to confirm asap. But it might be a little delay due to the weekend, we appreciate your kindness and patience.

Hi Thor,

It has been quit a while now. How do I find out if any progress has been made? I would really like to get this issue resolved. I don't know why it has to be such an issue just to get a firmware update......

Thanks,
Joe
2017-12-16
Use props
fans88ea4c14
lvl.1

Russia

Same problem with Phantom 4 PRO. Also camera stopped working completely.
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi sir, we had discussed this issue in another thread, will inform the engineers to confirm asap. But it might be a little delay due to the weekend, we appreciate your kindness and patience.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules