OTG support ? why and why not ?
1105 15 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lord-Maniac
lvl.1

United States

could we not just get some Real Answers not opinions Why is it so controversial why is it the number one spot in the Polls on this fourm ? We dont support is not a good enough $..700 dollar plus answer please keep in mind this is my first drone and all i see is OTG ?s to be honest i afraid to open it at this point ... form what i can gather and i might not be wrong is that you can fly farther with OTG ? and better video feed ? if so then why is it not recomended ?
2017-12-3
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

i acutally agree though i manage to handle my own setup of my Spark Gear...
2017-12-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I do not see any added value in opening just another discussion on the same topic. I have stopped counting how many there are already. Personally I am convinced that the issue will be fixed soon and for the time being there is a good solution with no disadvantages, which by now should be known to everyone. And I had it explained myself to the OP. It really helps to first read through the other threads and get all the information before starting to repeat the whole story again I would recommend.
2017-12-3
Use props
Lord-Maniac
lvl.1

United States

well i did not right this for you to add it to your Value bin... and still no answer NO real answer from DJI but Yes i am aware of the temp fix ..And i have Read the other threads Where you seem to attempt to POLICE  the comments there as well with Still no answer ? why can we not get a straight answer ?
2017-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lord-Maniac Posted at 2017-12-3 16:34
well i did not right this for you to add it to your Value bin... and still no answer NO real answer from DJI but Yes i am aware of the temp fix ..And i have Read the other threads Where you seem to attempt to POLICE  the comments there as well with Still no answer ? why can we not get a straight answer ?

I don’t think anyone is trying to police anything, but it’s clear there are many other threads on this subject , and you have been commenting on these so you are aware.
The likelihood of dji giving you an answer is somewhere between nil and zero unfortunately that’s not how it works around here.
If the problem for android is going to be fixed you are most likely going to have to wait until next firmware/software update.
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_MP6tU5Q
lvl.2

United States

the official response i have read has been that it is untested or unproven, which at half a year into its life cycle is unacceptable response.  personally if a company as large with such talent as Dji cant make an official statement on such a basic feature after 6 months, they will never have a comment.  my guess is OTG is an unintentional feature of the spark and instead of outright removing its ability or testing it out officially, they just abandon it.  
2017-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_MP6tU5Q Posted at 2017-12-3 18:22
the official response i have read has been that it is untested or unproven, which at half a year into its life cycle is unacceptable response.  personally if a company as large with such talent as Dji cant make an official statement on such a basic feature after 6 months, they will never have a comment.  my guess is OTG is an unintentional feature of the spark and instead of outright removing its ability or testing it out officially, they just abandon it.

Otg was on spark for using Dji goggles. And I suppose if it hasn’t been tested in order for it to be made part and parcel it needs to be tested correctly and I don’t see or hear of any beta program going on to test it, so I think we will just have to wait.
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_MP6tU5Q
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-3 18:35
Otg was on spark for using Dji goggles. And I suppose if it hasn’t been tested in order for it to be made part and parcel it needs to be tested correctly and I don’t see or hear of any beta program going on to test it, so I think we will just have to wait.

i guess unintentional beyond goggles is what i mean.  as in unintentional feature that the dji interface on other devices can use.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, the connection between the Spark RC and the mobile device via OTG cable has not been fully tested, so if you do need to use it, I would suggest that you use it with caution, the recommended way for Spark RC connection is via WiFi. I am sorry for that I am not able to provide more details about why it is not recommended. But if it passes the full test by us and it is confirmed supported, we will let you know. Thank you for understanding.
2017-12-9
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

As far as I know it is supported for crystal sky, where it works a charm, - but I don't need it because as far as LOS requirements dictate, wifi is fine.
2017-12-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really wish the spark would have been the same connection as the MP or MPP with the use of OTG.
2017-12-9
Use props
jorgerocha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270653 ft

Colombia

thats true, a lot of people is going to buy this dji drone on December , that includes me. Now I am very worried because it's true! via wifi it is not stable, and is very slow latency. and I already  have the problem, when I try otg cable , on android, no gps appears, and can not move any options, doing exactly what they said on youtube. you pay 700 hundred dollars and it said was 1.2 miles, but that's not true, I hope they fix it, because like me, it is my first dji maybe there are a lot of persons
2017-12-9
Use props
guidoec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27441 ft
Spain

Do you all realise that crystal sky for spark needs to be connected by OTG? How can not work on a phone and yes on their product. I might be a bug and hope it's solves soon.
2017-12-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-12-9 04:53
I really wish the spark would have been the same connection as the MP or MPP with the use of OTG.

Your right Lucas 775, it certainly would clear up a lot of confusion , it needs to be made simpler to start and for some transmission is proving to be pain in the a*se.
2017-12-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-9 15:29
Your right Lucas 775, it certainly would clear up a lot of confusion , it needs to be made simpler to start and for some transmission is proving to be pain in the a*se.

We could only wish.
2017-12-9
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I’m not sure OTG is the real issue.
There is a list of supported phones. I have one of them.
At first the spark had bad range and bad video and then I found a secret hack (use an OTG cable).
I’m in for secret hacks, open source and so on, so I used OTG for a while.
First connect it to the phone, then to the rc, then reconfigure function buttons.
Afterwards I had to twist the phone out of the holders to be able to unplug.
Always afraid of breaking the little usb connector on the rc.
At some point I started using 2.4GHz in the go app. That solved my video and link issues.

One day I was too lazy to bother with the cable. Wifi autoconnected and worked just as well.
Does it not do that on all supported phone devices? It is supposed to.
If not, that’s the real issue, I think.

If the compatibility list can be extended using a cable, then go for it.
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules