P4Pro Down
819 8 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Trying to get .txt file from Go 4 to determine gps coordinates of lost aircraft. Helping a friend who has an ipad, and Im a android person. How to get .txt file from ipad to send to airdata? Apple is confusing!!
2017-12-3
Use props
Titanbot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2485909 ft
United States

In the go app at the go fly screen click on bars in upper right then click on find my drone, hopefully its stil powered on
2017-12-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You'll get a lot more useful information from the Phantomhelp log viewer than Airdata.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
2017-12-3
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-3 16:32
You'll get a lot more useful information from the Phantomhelp log viewer than Airdata.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.

And that's our problem. Cant figure ipad file structure to obtain the .txt file to upload. Was first thing i tried to do yesterday, but as and android person, I have no idea how to access ipad file structure.
We were going to go out today to approximate location of downing as per the app post flight map, but thunderstorms have rolled in. Over a month of dry weather here, and tonight it rained like hell. Sigh
Thanks for help.
2017-12-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-12-4 03:30
And that's our problem. Cant figure ipad file structure to obtain the .txt file to upload. Was first thing i tried to do yesterday, but as and android person, I have no idea how to access ipad file structure.
We were going to go out today to approximate location of downing as per the app post flight map, but thunderstorms have rolled in. Over a month of dry weather here, and tonight it rained like hell. Sigh
Thanks for help.

I'm also an Android user.
About all I can suggest is:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/Retrieve-DJI-Flight-Logs-From-iTunes/
2017-12-4
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

Found it believe it or not. Used the app flight screen showing flight map and telemetry. Approximated last position on map where flight terminated, added it as a way point on my phone gps app. This was over marsh and dense woods and out 2500ft. We found an old logging road that came out almost where I approximated flight terminus. Four old guys wandered woods for hour to no avail.Canopy overhead dense with tree branches.  Went back to the atv's and found broken prop fragment not ten feet from where we parked. Found some more fragments, and there it was 40 yards up in tree. Never got it down. Used 5 full choked 12 gauge turkey loads, and 18 9mm pistol shots and branch never gave. So she sits still in the air. To add to the mix, it rained cats and dogs last night after a month of no precipitation, and the ac is hangs upside down by its landing gear. Tomorrow the wind hits 40mp. Wed, we return with deer rifles and hope to get better results if 40mph wind doesnt work. Temp goes from 50f to 23f on Wed. Weeee!
My new moniker is "Pathfinder"!
2017-12-4
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-12-4 15:13
Found it believe it or not. Used the app flight screen showing flight map and telemetry. Approximated last position on map where flight terminated, added it as a way point on my phone gps app. This was over marsh and dense woods and out 2500ft. We found an old logging road that came out almost where I approximated flight terminus. Four old guys wandered woods for hour to no avail.Canopy overhead dense with tree branches.  Went back to the atv's and found broken prop fragment not ten feet from where we parked. Found some more fragments, and there it was 40 yards up in tree. Never got it down. Used 5 full choked 12 gauge turkey loads, and 18 9mm pistol shots and branch never gave. So she sits still in the air. To add to the mix, it rained cats and dogs last night after a month of no precipitation, and the ac is hangs upside down by its landing gear. Tomorrow the wind hits 40mp. Wed, we return with deer rifles and hope to get better results if 40mph wind doesnt work. Temp goes from 50f to 23f on Wed. Weeee!
My new moniker is "Pathfinder"!

I cannot help but think that shooting pistol and rifle rounds up into  the air is reckless and dangerous unless you own the land for several miles in that direction.
2017-12-4
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-12-4 16:08
I cannot help but think that shooting pistol and rifle rounds up into  the air is reckless and dangerous unless you own the land for several miles in that direction.

Land is deep in marsh and woods for miles around. Abundant deer and hunting, and land is all privately owned.
2017-12-4
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

So, it seems out town now has an IT business run by young former marines and sell and make drones. So I wander down to check them out this afternoon. Meanwhile my neighbor is back out in the woods trying to get his drone out of the tree.
So, while bsing with the guys in the IT//drone shop, in wanders my errant neighbor carrying a sad looking P4 drone dripping water.
Seems after 5 shots with a 20 gauge slug gun, the branch gave up the P4 ending the saga.
Sincerely,
Pathfinder
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules