2796 15 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mowog2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78944 ft
Australia

Hi All

I notice in the Phantom 4 Pro advertising blurb they claim to have strengthened the airframe to prevent cracking. Is there anyone out there with a Phantom 4 Pro with a good number of flying hours that confirm the airframes don’t crack?   
2017-12-3
Use props
Titanbot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2485909 ft
United States

Yes i have two cracks. I thought it was something i did. Had to super glue them . They are right before the motor underneath,  p4p
2017-12-3
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not experienced any cracks in the Airframe and it has around 15 hours on it. Cracks usually come from very aggressive flying which causes stress on the Airframe..
2017-12-3
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
Thailand

I have had two phantom 4’s and a phantom 4 pro. I have never had a single crack in any of them. There sole use has been for photography so they haven’t been flown aggressively.
2017-12-3
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

I just had my P4P repaired under warranty .  I had a frame crack  on one of the arms rignt behind the motor and going thru one of the vents.   The p4p is about 5 months old
2017-12-3
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Mine cracked after about 12 hours of flight.  DJI paid for everything and had it repaired in about 3 weeks.
2017-12-4
Use props
fansac117ce8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1027608 ft
Canada

Just for clarification purposes - DJI Phantoms don not have a frame or an airframe.  Any structural support is via the exoskeleton (or body shell).  Can you imagine if an airplane or automobile was only structurally supported by the body panels?  The shell of a DJI Phantom is plastic with no metal or mesh reinforcement members.  With no framing support DJI Phantom is not capable of withstanding the stress and strain of aviation movement without stress cracks.  Tragically everyone will eventually get shell stress-cracks.  If you get the shell repaired/replaced it is only a matter of time until it happens again .... and again.  Check for stress cracks periodically.  If you see stress cracks do not fly your aircraft.  Shell kits are available to purchase and it is possible to replace the shell ($80, 3-6 hrs.)  If you fly in P (position mode) and quickly release the throttle stick is equivalent to hitting a brick wall, DJI braking is that harsh. If you fly in ATTI mode there is no braking but be prepared for a long drift.  Don't fly in strong winds and be gentle with acceleration and de-acceleration.
2017-12-4
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489554 ft
Colombia

Mine have developed cracks right before 4 months of use and I am deeply disappointed about this, I am 100% sure and honest when I say that I never flew this on extreme conditions, and still got this horrible quality pain. Many people out there says they are not affected and good for them, but for us, the people that wasn't lucky enough, we.have to deal with not a single help from DJI. Unfortunately I live on a country where there is not authorized (at least I can't find it) repair services but authorized dealers. It would be so nice if at least DJI send me a shell replacements, but they just ignored me and ignored the problem.
Mine started like a tiny crack and know you can see how this grew up, my wife is also so mad at me.for this, because this is not a behavior you'll expect for a professional device. I've tried stopping it with epoxy with not avail. So what would happen to us, the people affected without even crash or flight agressible (something really arguable since P4P is promoted with high speed and sport mode, obviously the manufacturer and the marketing team wants you to go fast)

I will still recommending DJI Drones but I would really love a "stand by your costumers" policy from DJI.
DSC_0672.JPG
DSC_0673.JPG
2018-1-2
Use props
Titanbot
lvl.2
United States

Did have almost 30 hrs on it. The air braking diff puts alot of stress on the exoskeleton
2018-1-3
Use props
Titanbot
lvl.2
United States

CM17X Posted at 2018-1-2 23:36
Mine have developed cracks right before 4 months of use and I am deeply disappointed about this, I am 100% sure and honest when I say that I never flew this on extreme conditions, and still got this horrible quality pain. Many people out there says they are not affected and good for them, but for us, the people that wasn't lucky enough, we.have to deal with not a single help from DJI. Unfortunately I live on a country where there is not authorized (at least I can't find it) repair services but authorized dealers. It would be so nice if at least DJI send me a shell replacements, but they just ignored me and ignored the problem.
Mine started like a tiny crack and know you can see how this grew up, my wife is also so mad at me.for this, because this is not a behavior you'll expect for a professional device. I've tried stopping it with epoxy with not avail. So what would happen to us, the people affected without even crash or flight agressible (something really arguable since P4P is promoted with high speed and sport mode, obviously the manufacturer and the marketing team wants you to go fast)

Yep same place
2018-1-3
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

I did a thorough, inspection of my drone and i haven't noticed any crack and Im about 7 months with my drone and about 20hrs of flying. I always do a pre/post checks after flying just a safety precaution.
2018-1-3
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Is there an option in the app for braking speed?

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-3
Use props
CM17X
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489554 ft
Colombia

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-1-3 22:02
Is there an option in the app for braking speed?

Todd in Chicago

Yes,it's on MC Settings > Advanced > Sensivity. Still got cracks. Where are the DJI representatives?
2018-1-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2018-1-4
Use props
Mowog2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78944 ft
Australia

CM17X Posted at 2018-1-4 01:51
Yes,it's on MC Settings > Advanced > Sensivity. Still got cracks. Where are the DJI representatives?

Ducking the issue which is standard operating procedure for DJI
2018-1-4
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft
United States

Use these get new shell super cheap then reinforce the inside mounts with epoxy then purchase these brackets. It’s fixed my crack issues and I fly often and I brake fast.
12233565-B08C-468B-93F2-304A92BF5A45.png
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules