Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Did the Mavic's max speed just drop?
792 4 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brettt
lvl.4
United States

I haven't used my drone in a few months and updated everything to the newest version. I pay a lot of attention to the max speed since I use Follow mode (in Autoflight's Autopilot).

I used to reliably get a speed of 34 mph with no wind, or even up to 40 mph with the wind on my side (I disable Obstacle Avoidance to get the speed higher). Today it maxed out at 29-30 mph flying with DJI Go 4. There was a little wind but I tried it in all 4 directions and it was the same. When I tried Follow in Autopilot, it was even lower, about 25 mph (it used to match).

I'm a little suspicious they lowered the max speed and possibly won't even let the wind boost it now (and maybe third-party apps are even lower). But I need others to confirm. Anyone else notice something like this? Could someone from DJI confirm or deny? I know it seems like a small difference but I use Follow on my motorcycle and need every mph I can get out of the drone.

(The other confounding variable is that I sent my drone in for repairs and think this is a different one since I had to reconnect the controller. But I doubt there's variability between drones...)

2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Bret, according to the release note, there is no mention of the flight speed, it has not been changed. For your case, I would suggest you do an RC calibration first and connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 for a factory reset. See if it helps.
2017-12-3
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Could just be a change in air density.
2017-12-4
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Captain
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

the DJI implements several changes and does not warn the users, must follow the same protocols of the Chinese government with its people.
2017-12-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Older batteries discharge at different rates, air temperature impacts speeds, used prop blades become unbalanced, the slightest wind can reduce speed, brushless motors with wear and tear reduce RPM output etc - I hit 41.9MPH today with my brand new MPP in Sport mode with a 5MPH wind...
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules