Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens Disconnected error
2896 23 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9dd42365
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1729 ft
United States

Just flown my P4P+ for the first time since I brought it a few weeks ago, (very little used), and I'm get an error msg. on the controller screen "Lens Disconnected". I can't see anything wrong and all other functions appears normal. The drone flies ok and provides video OK. Any idea's where to start looking.  Drone and controller were updated before my first flight to the latest version of firmware. from the DJI site...  Everything seemed fine last week after the FW upgrades.  No crashes or hard landing since then.

Tried to reapply firmware, (V01,04.0602) to the aircraft using DJI Assistant 2. After several attempts it keeps failing at 72% of the install with error code 0x028103. Just before the failure, the gimbal rotates to the left then very slowly back towards center. Drone then reboots and DJI Assistant gives the error code, also reloaded controller FW without error... Still looking like a camera/gimbal error to me.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, could you please provide a picture of the error message for better assistance? Can you control the gimbal tilt?
2017-12-3
Use props
fans9dd42365
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-3 20:33
Hi there, could you please provide a picture of the error message for better assistance? Can you control the gimbal tilt?

Yes the gimbal tilt works OK
2017-12-4
Use props
fans9dd42365
lvl.1
United States

Better picture to show camera is working
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9dd42365 Posted at 2017-12-4 10:08
Better picture to show camera is working [view_image]

Thanks for the info, I'll forward it to our engineers for a check, will keep you updated.
2017-12-4
Use props
fans9dd42365
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-4 19:59
Thanks for the info, I'll forward it to our engineers for a check, will keep you updated.

Further update..
1. Removed SD card from the controller (GL300E)
2. Formatted the SD card (FAT32). (Full format from the PC & not Quick format)
3. Downloaded Controller FW from DJI site (V01.02.02.00 2017-09-30)
4. Extracted BIN file from the ZIP  and copied it to the SD card
5. Installed SD card back into the Controller and performed a 'Local Update'
6. Rebooted controller. All OK so far.
7. Removed the SD card from the P4P and also performed a clean format of the card, then reinstalled back into the Controller
8. Connected the P4P to the PC and ran DJI Assistant 2, (version V1.1.6)
9. Only FW shown on the DJI Assistant was the latest version 01.04.0602.
10. Only option available to me was to perform a FW refresh. 
11. FW downloads OK, Transmits to P4P OK, but fails at 72% during the upgrade phase.(error 0x028103).
12. Recycled power to controller and P4P. Controller connects to the P4P OK and does NOT show any FW  mismatch  or error.
13. However, still getting the 'Lens Disconnected' error. Which was my original problem....

I was unable to downgrade the FW because I don't know where to locate these files???
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9dd42365 Posted at 2017-12-6 13:55
Further update..
1. Removed SD card from the controller (GL300E)
2. Formatted the SD card (FAT32). (Full format from the PC & not Quick format)

Thanks for your update,  glad to hear that it does not show any FW mismatch error.
For the 'Lens Disconnected' error, have you tried to tap the video feed page to focus? Please try to tap different areas of the video feed page, see if it is able to focus.
2017-12-6
Use props
fans9dd42365
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-6 23:30
Thanks for your update,  glad to hear that it does not show any FW mismatch error.
For the 'Lens Disconnected' error, have you tried to tap the video feed page to focus? Please try to tap different areas of the video feed page, see if it is able to focus.

Thanks Diana,

I think you may have hit on the root cause.  I tried focusing on different areas of the screen which did not seem to make a difference to the image.  Also, no difference if I use the manual slider bar and go from close up to infinity. Could this be hardware or software?

2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9dd42365 Posted at 2017-12-7 08:00
Thanks Diana,

I think you may have hit on the root cause.  I tried focusing on different areas of the screen which did not seem to make a difference to the image.  Also, no difference if I use the manual slider bar and go from close up to infinity. Could this be hardware or software?

Could you please provide a short video about it for a further check? I would recommend you adjust the lens to face a further object (Several meters away from the drone), then tap it on the video feed page to focus. Here is a video for your reference.
2017-12-7
Use props
fans9d0d618d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 975600 ft
Cambodia

Hi, I have he same issue on my p4p... I don't ear the nose when focus is ok , my image has focus on the left part off image and right part not. With lens disconnected  message.  Regards. Eric sueur
2017-12-8
Use props
fans9dd42365
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-7 19:17
Could you please provide a short video about it for a further check? I would recommend you adjust the lens to face a further object (Several meters away from the drone), then tap it on the video feed page to focus. Here is a video for your reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP30FRUP7yI&list=PL8-vxWY64sBM-fOkD1ld-66C51JRCMnat&index=9

Hi Diana, I have two videos, one taken on my cell phone of the GL300 screen and the second is the video from the drone camera.  Problem is I cant see how I can upload them. Files may be to large. (cell video is 158Mb and Drone video is 850Mb...  
2017-12-8
Use props
fans9dd42365
lvl.1
United States

Could you please provide a short video about it for a further check? I would recommend you adjust the lens to face a further object (Several meters away from the drone), then tap it on the video feed page to focus. Here is a video for your reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP30FRUP7yI&list=PL8-vxWY64sBM-fOkD1ld-66C51JRCMnat&index=9

Di Diana, One further point, the drone does have DJI Care but it runs out on 12/14/2014 only 4 days left.  Would this issue be covered by the DJI Care program? I assume you are part of the support team
2017-12-8
Use props
totorama
lvl.1

United States

Diana, one further point... On the video, (If I could get it uploaded). Its shows that every time I touch the screen to set the focus pint, I get the "lens disconnected" error. If that helps
Terry
2017-12-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans9dd42365 Posted at 2017-12-8 09:25
Hi Diana, I have two videos, one taken on my cell phone of the GL300 screen and the second is the video from the drone camera.  Problem is I cant see how I can upload them. Files may be to large. (cell video is 158Mb and Drone video is 850Mb...

Shoot a shorter clip to reduce the file size, and then upload it to YouTube, and paste a link in here to the Youtube clip. Do not use the one off the phone, as it is poor quality.

'Its shows that every time I touch the screen to set the focus pint, I get the "lens disconnected" error.'

This most likely indicates that there is a connection fault within you camera. I suspect it is telling you that the lens focus drive is disconnected. If so, then you need to return it to DJI to have it fixed.

2017-12-9
Use props
totorama
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-9 16:40
Shoot a shorter clip to reduce the file size, and then upload it to YouTube, and paste a link in here to the Youtube clip. Do not use the one off the phone, as it is poor quality.

'Its shows that every time I touch the screen to set the focus pint, I get the "lens disconnected" error.'

Thanks Geebax, for the input. Do you think this could also explain the firmware upgrade failure at 72%.. Just before the failure the gimbal moves fully to the left then very slowly returns to center and the craft reboots. then I get the update failure.
2017-12-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

totorama Posted at 2017-12-9 20:33
Thanks Geebax, for the input. Do you think this could also explain the firmware upgrade failure at 72%.. Just before the failure the gimbal moves fully to the left then very slowly returns to center and the craft reboots. then I get the update failure.

Sorry, but I cannot say, I have never experienced this type of issue.
2017-12-9
Use props
totorama
lvl.1

United States

Short clip of the focusing error. As soon as I touch the screen I get the "Lens Disconnected" error
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9dd42365 Posted at 2017-12-8 09:25
Hi Diana, I have two videos, one taken on my cell phone of the GL300 screen and the second is the video from the drone camera.  Problem is I cant see how I can upload them. Files may be to large. (cell video is 158Mb and Drone video is 850Mb...

Sorry, I am confused,  is the "totorama"  your another account?  Are you the same person?
If yes, according to the video in the post 17#, I would recommend you refer to the link below to start a case, then send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
If not, please upload your videos to the Dropbox or Google Drive, then provide me with a link to download them.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

totorama Posted at 2017-12-10 07:44
Short clip of the focusing error. As soon as I touch the screen I get the "Lens Disconnected" error
Lens Disconnect when screen is touched

Hi Terry. please refer to the link below to start a case, then send the drone in for diagnosis and repair.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans9d0d618d Posted at 2017-12-8 08:18
Hi, I have he same issue on my p4p... I don't ear the nose when focus is ok , my image has focus on the left part off image and right part not. With lens disconnected  message.  Regards. Eric sueur

Hi Eric, could you please also provide a short video of it and some original images for better assistance? Besides, when did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash?
2017-12-11
Use props
totorama
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-12-11 00:22
Sorry, I am confused,  is the "totorama"  your another account?  Are you the same person?
If yes, according to the video in the post 17#, I would recommend you refer to the link below to start a case, then send the drone in for diagnosis and repair. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
If not, please upload your videos to the Dropbox or Google Drive, then provide me with a link to download them.

Hi Diana, sorry for the confusion. 'Totorama' is the same as 'fans9dd42365' ,  I tried to change the old username to something a bit more remember able l  but some how created a new account.

Regarding the drone issue, do you know if this would be covered by 'DJI Care' Should I get a new drone?
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

totorama Posted at 2017-12-11 06:33
Hi Diana, sorry for the confusion. 'Totorama' is the same as 'fans9dd42365' ,  I tried to change the old username to something a bit more remember able l  but some how created a new account.

Regarding the drone issue, do you know if this would be covered by 'DJI Care' Should I get a new drone?

Sorry, at this moment, I am not able to give a conclusion. As you know, it needs to be evaluated by the engineers first, please send the drone in ASAP. The repair center will send you a quote email with the details after the evaluation.
2017-12-11
Use props
fans9dd42365
lvl.1
United States

Drone was sent off yesterday.  Thanks
2017-12-12
Use props
totorama
lvl.1

United States

Just a quick update.. The Drone is back and appears to be working normally after DJI replaced the Gimbal/Camera main logic board..  So, looks like a hardware problem.  (It would be nice to know what caused the failure. But I'm happy its now operational.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules