Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Map of flight path
1519 8 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4676457 ft
Hong Kong

Yesterday, when I was flying, the map did not show the Mavic path with the usual scale, where I can use to know where the drone was. This time, the scale was so tiny, even at a km out the path was cluttered up in almost a tiny 2mm line, which normally it is a 15mm green line.

What did I do wrong, and how to expand it back, when that happens.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Fred, in transmission interface, the flight path on the app will be white color, the red arrow will be the position of the drone. In the flight record page, the path will also be white which indicates the whole path that the drone had flown. But I don't notice that we have a 15mm width line for the flight path. Do you have a screenshot for comparison?
2017-12-3
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Put the map in full-screen mode and try  the 2 finger spread!
2017-12-4
Use props
Fred F
Second Officer
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-3 22:53
Hi Fred, in transmission interface, the flight path on the app will be white color, the red arrow will be the position of the drone. In the flight record page, the path will also be white which indicates the whole path that the drone had flown. But I don't notice that we have a 15mm width line for the flight path. Do you have a screenshot for comparison?

No, I am not talking about the width of the line, but the length.  The normal length between the RED arrow and the Green "H" is very approx. 15 mm, depending how how far out the Mavic is, so it is quite discernible, and allows easily interpretation.

But in this instance, the length is so small even at 400m away, it is useless to figure where the relative position of Mavic is.
2017-12-6
Use props
Fred F
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Griffith Posted at 2017-12-4 06:14
Put the map in full-screen mode and try  the 2 finger spread!

I did try that, but it shrank back rightaway !!!  But this things, it now works normally, I am at a lost why it happened, and how to stop it or correct it if happened again.
2017-12-6
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Fred F Posted at 2017-12-6 16:21
I did try that, but it shrank back rightaway !!!  But this things, it now works normally, I am at a lost why it happened, and how to stop it or correct it if happened again.

The problem may have been related to problems with  the HERE map server in recent weeks.  I'm just guessing that you were unable to download a more detailed map when you tried to expand.  Hopefully the situation has improved.  If the map server is stable again, you may want to download and cache the detailed map of the areas where you normally fly.
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Fred F Posted at 2017-12-6 16:21
No, I am not talking about the width of the line, but the length.  The normal length between the RED arrow and the Green "H" is very approx. 15 mm, depending how how far out the Mavic is, so it is quite discernible, and allows easily interpretation.

But in this instance, the length is so small even at 400m away, it is useless to figure where the relative position of Mavic is.

Hi Fred, please try to change the map to Standard view first and zoom it to the proper size. See if it helps, or provide me with a screenshot. Thank you.
2017-12-8
Use props
Fred F
Second Officer
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-8 00:32
Hi Fred, please try to change the map to Standard view first and zoom it to the proper size. See if it helps, or provide me with a screenshot. Thank you.

I shall try when it happens again.
2017-12-8
Use props
Fred F
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Griffith Posted at 2017-12-7 05:56
The problem may have been related to problems with  the HERE map server in recent weeks.  I'm just guessing that you were unable to download a more detailed map when you tried to expand.  Hopefully the situation has improved.  If the map server is stable again, you may want to download and cache the detailed map of the areas where you normally fly.

The problems, like many if not most of the flying of everyone is done during traveling, and in my case, I travel to remote areas where there are no mobile signals or any sort of networks, e.g. in the Australian Outback.

At the minimum, even if there no maps, and in my opinion, the real map is not important, but rather a good and clear indication of where the drone is relative to the take off position OR the current position of the controller, then we can have a good idea how to direct the drone to return home without resorting to RTH.  It is very important to know where the drone is, even when it is out of sight, for us to figure out, in case of emergency, how to take corrective actions.

Even a blank map ( a white or grey coloured background highlighting the flight path with discernible positions is good enough.  In fact, nobody would have the time to figure out the details of the map, as there are many other things requiring attention when flying.  A quick scan of the relative position is good enough.
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules