Inconsistent Firmware Found
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

I have flown and dealt with drone issues for years and this problem i have is unacceptible.

This  quadcopter was recently purhased NEW.  I have taken it into DJI service  as well.....they loaded the software update right in front of  me........
still having the same problem of (My App Shutting Down in  Flight).  Losing your app when you are traveling 45 mph at 3 meters  off the ground is  heart stopping, it's happend about 9 times now.  I have been saving my screenshots and there are plenty.

I even came close to hitting someone today, so the (FUN) is completely gone and it has been replaced with non-trusting "Crash "Anxiety" for about 7 days now.

I get the follwoing messages either before flight or during flight of which results in the APP Crashing afterwards.

Inconsistent Firmware Found
Aircraft Firmware and Firmware of peripheral devices do not match.
They may cause compatibility issues.
Update Firmware to Resolve?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Precise Fly Safe Database Update
Connect Aircraft to update your date

I NO LONGER Feel comfortable flying this aircraft and i would be negligent in doing so.  If DJI cant resolve this problem in one day, I WILL BE LEFT NO CHOICE BUT TO RETURN THIS DEFECTIVE UNIT FOR A FULL REFUND.

I have seen several DJI consumer videos and in one, the person described the same problem........ it appears to be an android compatability problem.  If we cant fly safe then we can fly at all.

2017-12-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. Generally when you see that message it's letting you know that the battery firmware is not at the same level as the firmware installed in the craft. You'd typically get that message if you buy a new battery and install it into a craft recently updated. Try refreshing the latest firmware on your craft and see if it updates the battery too (the middle two battery LEDs will blink).
2017-12-3
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

thank you,

pretend you are talking to a KID lol, how do i step by step REFRESH the latest firmware?  Ive shut everything down and turned everything back on after switching batteries.........  i turn on the remote and then the drone and watch for the update status, "its says all ok.  Power down, switch batteries and power back up................  Ive seen videos on the internet about people having the same problem and they go back and install the older software.  I think its BOTH, bad firmware and a battery thats not updated.  REGARDLESS, ive spent lots of money, we all have, we shouldn't be having these problems.

Please, step by step on how to update firmware on batteries.

im so unhappy
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Sir, I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. Generally, the Inconsistent Firmware will pop up if the aircraft and battery firmware are not matched. You can slide the bar to refresh. Alternatively, you can refresh via DJI Assistant 2. Fly Safe Database Update can be refreshed in the same way. Regarding to the APP issue, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? Is there any difference if reinstall the APP? Please help us confirm, thanks in advance!
2017-12-3
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed with the above. Update FW with installed battery and those issues with disappear. I've had the experience that it doesn't even have to be a brand new battery but with used batteries.Just install each battery to test then update as needed (I've seen that 'inconsistent' message doesn't pop up with all batteries).
2017-12-4
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-3 23:59
Hello Sir, I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. Generally, the Inconsistent Firmware will pop up if the aircraft and battery firmware are not matched. You can slide the bar to refresh. Alternatively, you can refresh via DJI Assistant 2. Fly Safe Database Update can be refreshed in the same way. Regarding to the APP issue, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? Is there any difference if reinstall the APP? Please help us confirm, thanks in advance!

Yes, thank you for responding.  I have slid the bar to (Refresh) several times and i keep on getting the same message.  I have screenshots.  I installed each battery and tested for updates........didn't ask for any.

I have a Samsung 8 with 120G memory card.  So i went into the phone and made sure the performance reads 96%...... i have plenty of memory.  

The biggest deal that has almost ruined the flying experience to the point where i get knots in my stomach when my screen goes black while im flying........ to where the APP has shutdown in flight.  

Then while im flying i also get WOULD YOU LIKE TO UPDATE DATABASE, again its blocked my screen.  (YES) Ive deleted and downloaded the APP DJ 4.0 twice.

One DJI representatives said in a very few cases there are compatablility issues with some androids and he stated that maybe should go out and buy an Apple Tablet.

I DONT TRUST THIS DRONE ANYMORE............... its not fun anymore.............when i fly, the entire time its like, "If this drone falls out of the sky where will it land."

I have been flying since i was a kid, so i know RC has issues, but having my screen go out and almost hitting a car............ is unacceptable.

my conclusion is, the firmware has issues, but that will be fixed.......and the battery update, that will be fixed too........ but this APP (shutting down) to black screen........... it could be a compatability issue.  So, then my position is to buy an tablet or return the aircraft..... which i dont want to do any of these

I have spent a lot of money

thank you for listening..............thank you for your assistance.  

2017-12-4
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

I think your problem may lie in the Samsung 8 as whilst it is operating on Android there is a huge amount of Samsung stuff sitting on the top of the Android OS and that can present a difficulty. You will notice that the Samsung 8 is not on DJIs list of approved monitors. Other non listed Android devices do work but by and large they are running pure Android OS which providing they are reasonably quick ie Quad processors or better with at least 1Gb of RAM preferably more. Try another device that is on the list preferably Apple as their OS is what it is and does not have other stuff sitting on top of it masking it.
2017-12-4
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-4 09:29
I think your problem may lie in the Samsung 8 as whilst it is operating on Android there is a huge amount of Samsung stuff sitting on the top of the Android OS and that can present a difficulty. You will notice that the Samsung 8 is not on DJIs list of approved monitors. Other non listed Android devices do work but by and large they are running pure Android OS which providing they are reasonably quick ie Quad processors or better with at least 1Gb of RAM preferably more. Try another device that is on the list preferably Apple as their OS is what it is and does not have other stuff sitting on top of it masking it.

I purchased an Ipad mini 4 today and hooked it up............so far NO PROBLEMS.......i ran 3 batteries so far.

These problems should be fixed before shipping.................. this entire week has been exhausting dealing with this stuff.

thank you for your help and support............. if the drone goes out of control and crashes i will post a farewell photo.............

2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SkyEye21 Posted at 2017-12-4 15:56
I purchased an Ipad mini 4 today and hooked it up............so far NO PROBLEMS.......i ran 3 batteries so far.

These problems should be fixed before shipping.................. this entire week has been exhausting dealing with this stuff.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad to know everything works in order now. If there is any further questions, please contact us and we'll be here for help.
2017-12-4
Use props
GeorgeEV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1608 ft
Greece

Hi,
the new P4 I bought some days ago came with 2 batteries, one normal capacity and one high capacity.
I have done some test flights and connected the RC with various devices, ipad mini 2, Samsung S6, Samsung J5 2016. The Samsung S6 connected fine without problems but it was the one that prompted me a "Inconsistent Firmware Found" and asked me to update. It was referring to the batteries I suppose.
I did not update because I haven't upgraded the AC and RC just left it as it was out of the box.
The question is why it prompts to update, doesn't supposed the batteries that came with the P4 was matched with the AC's firmware? The other devices doesn't prompt me something*, only that an AC-RC update was available. Is there a way to check the batteries firmware?
Also the S6 was the one that locked my P4 requiring to update. I did not upgrade and by luck i found a way to unlock the bird. I closed all Internet connections (wifi, 4G) on the phone and checked again for updates within the Go4 app and it popped a message "Latest firmware" "press here to unlock". So it did unlock and flew without problems a couple of times.
Now sometimes I get the "Inconsistent Firmware Found" sometimes not.
*The last flight was with Samsung J5 and it prompted it for the first time even though I was in airplane mode.
Is there a problem if I cancel the update every time or I should proceed with it?
2017-12-28
Use props
Vidjcb
First Officer
Flight distance : 13649508 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now I understand why I receive this message so many times... I bought 5 additional intelligent batteries to my flight more Mavic Air combo! Lol
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules