Where can you fly your drones in Oahu, Hawaii?
14565 3 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_S50zSMd
New
United States

Aloha!  I am a newbie here!

Anyway, I will be picking up a new Mavic Pro tomorrow to use for our family trip soon.  I like it for its portability.  I'd like to practice before then, so I need your help/input on where I can legally fly the drone around here.  I live in Waikele/Waipahu area, and based on the B4UFLY app, a lot of restricted area there.  I am looking for the Leeward/Central and Honolulu/Waikkiki areas but other areas in the island is fine too, in case we go around the island.  Your input wil be greatly appreciated.

Mahalo.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, you can check the No Fly Zone info on the official website. https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
You might also need to follow the local regulations for the drone, hope there will be some natives to help.
Hope you have a nice trip. Fly safely and happily.
2017-12-5
Use props
fans8fc4f08d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113520 ft
United States

Hi. Im a hobbyist and visiting Oahu this week. I wish to try my Mavic Air here over just the beach particularly Koolina or nearby beach. Do I need to register as a flyer and my drone before flying? If so, where can I possibly register? Id appreciate any help. Thanks so much.
2018-5-21
Use props
shirldeck
New
Flight distance : 124954 ft
United States

fans8fc4f08d Posted at 2018-5-21 19:58
Hi. Im a hobbyist and visiting Oahu this week. I wish to try my Mavic Air here over just the beach particularly Koolina or nearby beach. Do I need to register as a flyer and my drone before flying? If so, where can I possibly register? Id appreciate any help. Thanks so much.

Hello! How was your Oahu trip?  Where you able to fly your drone? I am planning to go to Hawaii in October. Thanks in advanced.
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules