Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
moderators - Are you actually bothering with P4 firmware update
12Next >
4076 57 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Dear Moderators

Are DJI actually going to bother with firmare update for customers with bricked P4's , it seems like you have our money and cannoted be arsed to help us out and are just pulling our chain saying "we are working on it" over 5 months for an update are you joking I get beta updates on my Mac every couple of weeks , You keep saying to people send in your logs to find the problem but the code can't have changed that much from the original stable version. Your reluctance to revert the firmware or update the firmware quickly will only make you lose customers in the long run as I expect the same issues will arise with the newer Drones you bring out.
I was initially very impressed with DJI poducts but the fiasco over this firmware i will certainly think twice about buying a DJI poduct agin, As i said in previous post i have downgraded and will not update to a buggy beta firmware, I will use litchi to control the drone and when my drone finally bites the dust will look elsewhere.

2017-12-4
Use props
edith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 277733 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

It's unbelievable what DJI is doing with its customers
2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The moderators here, have nothing to do directly, with the folks who write firmware code.

So griefing out, at the kind folks, who provide help here, & to the best of their ability, is futile. ;-)
They can only relay those comments, to the folks whom you are truly frustrated with.
If they told you that an update was coming, then it is.

Surprised that it takes a little longer than what you expected, perhaps it's a lot more work than what you figured on?

I love my drone too, but it's not my only passion. There are several other interests that keep me mentally challenged and frequently occupied.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-4 02:05
The moderators here, have nothing to do directly, with the folks who write firmware code.

So griefing out, at the kind folks, who provide help here, & to the best of their ability, is futile. ;-)

Well we can't contact the engineers they can!!!! so as nice as they are do there job and get it sorted
2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

usarfireman Posted at 2017-12-4 02:06
Well we can't contact the engineers they can!!!! so as nice as they are do there job and get it sorted

You can always contact Frank Wang directly though.

He owns the company... Pretty sure he cares about us, his paying customer base.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
george_007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-4 02:10

He owns the company... Prett sure he cares about us, his paying customer base.

Good one! :-)
2017-12-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-4 02:10

He owns the company... Prett sure he cares about us, his paying customer base.

Most companies only care about future customers, look at the tabacco industry....
2017-12-4
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I wish DJI would take a step back and stop trying to add new features and just concentrate on getting a stable release.
2017-12-4
Use props
veekman530
lvl.1
United States

I wonder what their reasoning is behind not letting us rollback to previous firmware. you know they have it archived. LET US ROLLBACK DJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-12-4
Use props
fansbb9ac8d7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42680 ft
United States

veekman530 Posted at 2017-12-4 11:05
I wonder what their reasoning is behind not letting us rollback to previous firmware. you know they have it archived. LET US ROLLBACK DJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely had me change my Christmas wish list. Although having my Phantom 4 back to normal still on it
2017-12-4
Use props
havrosh
First Officer
Flight distance : 566785 ft
Czechia

It's really sad
My next drone won't be DJI product...
2017-12-4
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

fansbb9ac8d7 Posted at 2017-12-4 11:15
Definitely had me change my Christmas wish list. Although having my Phantom 4 back to normal still on it

Yup!  Last year I bought my P4 for Christmas, and absolutely loved it!  Then came the July update and have been disappointed ever since.  My beautiful, lightly used P4 will continue to sit in the dark closet.  No DJI products for me this Christmas!
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

sad to hear that ...
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

Please dont blame moderator here .. they cant do nothing in this issues ... Dji Developers can ...
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

Please dont blame moderator here .. they have nothing to do in this issues except inform Dji Developers and help/tech people...
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

This Post should be rephrased ..
2017-12-4
Use props
Grrrrrr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1212684 ft
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-4 12:40
This Post should be rephrased ..

Well the real sad part is that the moderators are the only ones you can lash out at because no one else wil respond to the customer from DJI. Another sad part is that version 600 has not been released to the general public as of yet. How long has that been out and mostly positive thing about it release the damn thing and let some of the disgruntled people fly again
2017-12-4
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-4 12:35
Please dont blame moderator here .. they cant do nothing in this issues ... Dji Developers can ...

Yes, the mods are like a timex,  they take a lickin and keep on tickin,  They just happen to be on the front lines, first to be smacked.  I feel for them.  
2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, they take the flack, for the untouchables...

First line of defense. Chuckles

I'm more than quite sure, most moderators here were Ninjas, in a previous life. Hahaha
They could also sting like a bee, if necessary.
Don't let their kind demeanor fool you into submission. Wicked grin

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Well yes. I have his direct line and personal email address if anyone has serious intention and motivation....

He's just an ordinary personality, with few billion reasons to be happy... ;-$

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-12-4 06:07
Most companies only care about future customers, look at the tabacco industry....

How can you compare a carcinographic substance - full of chemicals, with a hobby class drone?

One makes you soar, while the other one digs you a six foot trench to lay in... Haha

Personally, I prefer an RC at hand, than a shovel... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

veekman530 Posted at 2017-12-4 11:05

The earlier versions of firmware were hacked, and DJI have further enforced the No Fly zone restrictions in more recent releases. Allowing you to downgrade will undo what they've tried to "fix". Sadly their "fixes" have done more harm to the individual than good.
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

Grrrrrr Posted at 2017-12-4 13:14
Well the real sad part is that the moderators are the only ones you can lash out at because no one else wil respond to the customer from DJI. Another sad part is that version 600 has not been released to the general public as of yet. How long has that been out and mostly positive thing about it release the damn thing and let some of the disgruntled people fly again

I know the feeling .... I had problems activating my Phantom 3 SE, and I had to solve the problem myself ( rolling back versions until getting the activation), since their help was in vain...I SPEND 4 DAYS OF MY F.. LIFE TO ACTIVATE A dji PRODUCT.
2017-12-5
Use props
user7c0ad13110
Australia

My drone is my income! I get to the site to work and have no picture? Really? Yes yes tell me I should have checked after upgrade, but that is not good enough. Let us downgrade until you fix this massive problem! We spent a fortune on your product!
2017-12-5
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-4 13:55
Yes, they take the flack, for the untouchables...

First line of defense. Chuckles

RHP if you look at their avatars they are superheros, perhaps we should be careful here just in case they are not avatars but really are superheros. You never know!
2017-12-5
Use props
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Is there a past release database where we could go get a past release that we are comfortable with ?
2017-12-5
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I agree with others above that venting our anger on to the moderators is constructive. Perhaps asking for an engineer or a certain Mr Wang to join us for a Q&A session on here about the problem. In the unlikely event that that would happen perhaps a statement of progress from an engineer would be valuable. Again that is porbably unlikely too. But I do get increasingly concerned that the delay may well be that they are concentrating on the next iteration of drones and the current firmware will now be left to its own devices. The longer this problem goes on the more I believe that is happening.
2017-12-5
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I 100% agree with your post, just should "P4's" be replaced with "DJI drones" as i think they have managed to infect the whole range by now.

Actually i think they are doing this in purpose, keep solve one issue and introduce new ones. It will keep this way until they have all their planned limitations implemented and securing that it wont be hacked.
What they don't realize is that the day after a new stable release is out so is the ways and hacks to bypass it,  guess it won't be long until we see a complete custom made FW and App based on the former working releases and then DJI can't stop it anymore.
2017-12-5
Use props
fans0fce35f1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11965 ft
France

Being a DJI client : once is enough. Just money lost. It was a good drone, but it's just a paperweight. $ 1000 the paperweight, it's expensive ...
2017-12-5
Use props
fansc4f7b425
New
United States

This is disturbing, Very disturbing. A year ago I purchased a P4. Loved it until recently. I did an update because that was what was recommended and Wow, now I am unable to use my aircraft. And getting more ticked off each day. Now I look to the Forum for possible answers and read what your all sharing. This doesn't look good.
2017-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI hasn't forgotten about the P4 dilemma. Surely they are working 23 1/2 hours a day, trying to fix the current problems so many of you are facing.

Hang on, they will be releasing it soon enough. It's taking longer than expected, as their probably are numerous upgrades coming with it.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

what is the problem, my p4p appears to be ok
2017-12-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-5 09:41
DJI hasn't forgotten about the P4 dilemma. Surely they are working 23 1/2 hours a day, trying to fix the current problems so many of you are facing.

Hang on, they will be releasing it soon enough. It's taking longer than expected, as their probably are numerous upgrades coming with it.  ;-)

hope soon
2017-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-5 11:57
what is the problem, my p4p appears to be ok

That's what I said, about my Phantom 3 Pro...!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ive gone through video transmission issue and out the other side, what else does one need to be aware of please?
2017-12-5
Use props
FredAstra
First Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

I couldn't agree more !  As for the moderators, they are paid (presumably) to be customer facing.  So as long as we teat them with respect, it is right that they should receive our groans and hopefully pass them on to the powers that be.

So yes, DJI please please please get your act together re firmware.
2017-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

FredAstra Posted at 2017-12-5 12:52
I couldn't agree more !  As for the moderators, they are paid (presumably) to be customer facing.  So as long as we teat them with respect, it is right that they should receive our groans and hopefully pass them on to the powers that be.

So yes, DJI please please please get your act together re firmware.

Hopefully. Not the hind teat, then all good...  ;-)

We already have enough sour milk on the drone delivery... Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-12-5
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-5 13:09
Hopefully. Not the hind teat, then all good...  ;-)

We already have enough sour milk on the drone delivery... Haha

Just read your post and thought Eh, had to read back for it to make sense, I totally missed the typo when I first read the thread lol
2017-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

AlanHd Posted at 2017-12-5 13:28
Just read your post and thought Eh, had to read back for it to make sense, I totally missed the typo when I first read the thread lol

Speed reading? Hahaha

Go slower, enunciate every verb. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-12-5
Use props
user7c0ad13110
Australia

Australia phone number for DJI doesn't answer, 1300 090 802 it says you've called outside of regular hours (which I haven't of course). I will be calling Consumer Affairs today. They have been very helpful in the past..
2017-12-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules