Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI OSMO SD recommendation
5474 6 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.3
United States

What are DJI's SD recommendations for the OSMO Plus?   I looked in the manual and did not see it.I do not want to spend more money on a card if it can't utilize the read write speeds.

Is it the same SD card recommendations as the Phantom 3 pro?  

Thanks
2017-12-4
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would assume so, any class 3 high speed SD card - i mean the reality is if the drone can't take advantage of the speeds your computer will, so why not? The price differences esp during the holiday sales aren't HUGE - i have a 128GB 90mb/s Samsung mSD card in the Mavic, Osmo+, Dji Goggles, Sessions, Hero5Black - it just makes life easier
2017-12-4
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.3
United States

eyeloveteeth Posted at 2017-12-4 11:09
i would assume so, any class 3 high speed SD card - i mean the reality is if the drone can't take advantage of the speeds your computer will, so why not? The price differences esp during the holiday sales aren't HUGE - i have a 128GB 90mb/s Samsung mSD card in the Mavic, Osmo+, Dji Goggles, Sessions, Hero5Black - it just makes life easier

I think it is a class 10 card. That's the problem. All the manufacturers have different ways to designate the speed of their cards.  Dji should know which cards perform best on their cameras.   I have seen a list somewhere but now I can't find it. Someone posted this somewhere but I don't know if this list is their opinion or it came from DJI  

1)        Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card;
2)        Panasonic 32GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
3)        Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;

2017-12-4
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.3
United States

eyeloveteeth Posted at 2017-12-4 11:09

This is why you have to know. Here is a 64GB SD card rated for 4K video. It's $ 100.00. I dought the OSMO would utilize the speed of the card.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... eme_pro_uhs_ii.html
2017-12-4
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

ah i see what you mean.

well FYI i've been using the Samsung EVO Class 3 card with no problems.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Steve2017Newbie Posted at 2017-12-4 12:27
I think it is a class 10 card. That's the problem. All the manufacturers have different ways to designate the speed of their cards.  Dji should know which cards perform best on their cameras.   I have seen a list somewhere but now I can't find it. Someone posted this somewhere but I don't know if this list is their opinion or it came from DJI  

1)        Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card;

Hi, Steve. Also, Osmo supports up to 64GB Micro SD cards. The speed should be Class 10 or higher, or UHS-1. Thanks for your attention.

2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules