Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying on New Year's Eve
1050 10 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2e98c5ca
New

Germany

Hi, hope you can help me.. I'm living in Germany.

Can I fly with my P3 Pro and film the fireworks without worrying on New Year's Eve?
Or do I have to be afraid that it's hit by a rocket?

How high do I have to fly to avoid getting hit?

Does anyone have experience?
2017-12-4
Use props
Al S. Alice's H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

Same question but for the Detriot area. Also not rockets but gun fire. How high should I be to not get hit by bullets?
2017-12-4
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Are these real questions? I really hope the second one is?
2017-12-4
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Film from a distance of half-mile (2600 ft) from the location would be a start.
2017-12-4
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Al S. Alice's H Posted at 2017-12-4 07:07
Same question but for the Detriot area. Also not rockets but gun fire. How high should I be to not get hit by bullets?

This will take care of it.  

2017-12-4
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Nein, es ist verboten. Rechtliche Auslegung

Night flying in Germany is forbidden, but then your chances of being caught are minimal. Flying through the middle of the fireworks would be a little ill advised; otherwise if you keep your distance the risk of being hit by a rocket cannot be that high. If you are at a firework gala, I would be wary indeed, of flying a drone in the vicinity; currently in Germany security is extremely high for any gathering. A drone seen in the sky might be an excuse to evacuate the city of Köln or München, you know how Germans tend to, er, well, overreact a tiny bit, or more.
2017-12-4
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

What a strange thing ...

I posted a 'tongue in cheek' comment, in jest. Significantly less than many others I read on DJI forum - and it get deleted !! A lot less than a couple above !!

Strange rules ...
2017-12-4
Use props
Al S. Alice's H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

Yes mine was sort of in jest. I would never fly on New Years Eve. I don't recall over the last 30 years any aircraft flying, even commercial airlines. The police helicopter was grounded too.
2017-12-4
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

It's recommended that you purchase the armor plated skin for your Phantom.  Features anti-rocket and laser reflecting technology.  Good up to 500,00 0 feet and 600 mph.  Notice; you will also need to purchase the special Phantom catapault in order to take off, as your Phantom will now weigh around 2 tons.
2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

But please paint it flourecsent Orange, so it can more easily be tracked, sighted and explored. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. I would not recommend you fly closer to the firework. And I suggest you lower the ISO and set it to 800 or less. You can also turn on 3D noise reduction when you shoot at night.
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules