688 9 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Almost every week i encounter some kind of issue .

Now after updating ios to 11.2 and dji go 4 app to .18 , the app keeps crashing during flight.

I have got ipad mini 4.
Things done to try to solve it:
Several un and installs of the app.
Switched of all other apps
Turn off bluetooth
And switched on airplane mode.

Still crashes of the app
Dji? Maybe a new update app

Does somebody has other sollutions or actions to take?
2017-12-4
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

Does the app crash if you're not even connected to the drone?   I had the same issue.   and followed the procedure you described.   after the uninstall and reload the app seemded stable.  I'm test flying today, so I report any findings
2017-12-4
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

No it was connected , and happened during flight. I will uninstall and install again and will try it out tomorrow again
2017-12-4
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

It's hard  to be critical of DJI when they have done so much for drone flying and produced so many good drones but it appears they are now stretched past the limit in the continual upgrade process perhaps it's time to call a halt fix the faults, take a deep breath and decide just where they are going and what level of change for what drones they intend to put out. No upgrade is better than one that continually gives rise to problems for so many. The app is now so complex it is becoming difficult to support.
2017-12-4
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe they should be thinking of creating an app for each drone series.
2017-12-4
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-4 08:40
Maybe they should be thinking of creating an app for each drone series.

I think that is probably the way to go after they have introduced some stability.
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

the application should be exclusively for piloting and filming ..... add video editor, link to social netwoks and streaming for youtube can affect the performance of the application .. and that is just what is happening
2017-12-4
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-4 11:37
the application should be exclusively for piloting and filming ..... add video editor, link to social netwoks and streaming for youtube can affect the performance of the application .. and that is just what is happening

Yes when the advice is to keep your monitor as clean and clear of other apps to then add this complication seems a backward step better just have it as something that can be accessed via the DJI web site and then do the editing on a PC where it can be done better anyway.
2017-12-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-4 11:52
Yes when the advice is to keep your monitor as clean and clear of other apps to then add this complication seems a backward step better just have it as something that can be accessed via the DJI web site and then do the editing on a PC where it can be done better anyway.

Indeeed .... Pete
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, for this issue, have you tried to reinstall the app after the OS update? Please try to remove the app and download again. Please kindly note to sync your record and backup the important files of the app. If it doesn't work, could you please try to refresh the iOS 11.2 via iTunes and try again.
It crashes because of the operating system, if you have tried so and it keeps crashing, please help to provide the name with the mobile device, the version of the app and your DJI account, as well as the crash logs. We will do our best to help.
The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features.
Thank you for your help.
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules