Question to moderators ... why the bias ?
1353 32 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I have had a post deleted which was in no way inflammatory, was not rude, was significantly less than a couple of other posts on the same thread. A short post in jest - as with others on the thread.

For another - I have received penalty point and warning of possible suspension for 30 days..... for bad language ? Interesting !

I find this amazing - considering the insults and remarks I put up with at times, that moderators ignore - even after I report them. And that no bad language has been used by me.

Usual forums have system where moderators PM the 'offender' and there is possibility to reply. But not here - its accused, convicted and sealed.

If Moderators deem it necessary for such a one-way system - then at least ensure the level playing field and punish all in same way.

Nigel
2017-12-4
Use props
edifier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have to say the short time i have been a member on this forum
i have never read or seen a bad word said by this member
and have not seen any rude or vulgar language  from this person
i have always found him very helpful and very knowledgeable

2017-12-4
Use props
Al S. Alice's H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

Was it my question about flying on New Years Eve? Sorry to bait everyone with that. It was just an observation that I would never be able to fly at that time. Feel free to pm me anytime. I have thick skin and a great sense of humor.
2017-12-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What thread was it?
2017-12-4
Use props
Al S. Alice's H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

Flying on New Years
2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Do you feel the love? Haha

You can always PM the moderators of your choice.
They will surely respond in kind. Just politely share your thoughts. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Hi .. its actually more than just the two threads.

Yes one is New Years Eve where I just made a silly short comment in fun - as others did. It was deleted without any notice or mention.

The other is just blatant rude insulting behaviour by one of the regulars - who has a habit of it. In fact he's just one of a particular number and I know has upset others.
Moderators allow him and 'his pals' to effectively gang up and insult others. Reporting seems to be ignored.

I'm tired of it and venting off to be honest. There are other forums that have a better grasp of members wish to input ... accept varying views and information.
I ask myself at times why I bother with this forum - can't really answer that one !! Originally I joined because it was dedicated to DJI items. I did not expect the style it has though.

The bottom line is that IMHO DJI are losing out, with the sanitising of threads, they fail to gain from users info and experiences. Not only that - but it seems they fail to update their moderators with latest technical info and policies. They allow some very strange posts that so often have no relevance at all - but sanction others.

Rant over ...

I wish all very best of flights and try not to crash !!

Nigel
2017-12-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

To be honest, I've seen more censorship on the other site.  I don't really have any complaints here re censorship.  However, I do have to agree, it seems the report function is broken or ignored or something.  

I like RHP's suggestion - maybe a direct PM is best.  
2017-12-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I have come to conclusion that if I want information to fix something or explanation for my P3 - I can get it elsewhere without hassle. Here it all depends if it 'fits' DJI idea of the RC world.

It is not uncommon for an independent forum / site to become a real information provider - basically because it has freedom to explore the subject without conflicting with site owners. Trouble is so far DJI seem to have gone further than just sanitising threads - but ignoring reported posts etc.

I can take rough with smooth - but sometimes it just gets to a limit which is ridiculous. I have been 'chastised' a couple of times here - but I see others doing far worse and get away with it. Even to the point of 'pals' jumping in and adding to the fire. Moderators should, as with most other forums, stamp on that hard ... but all to often it happens here.

My wish is that this thread may provoke some thought on the subject by DJI - not just ignore.

Nigel
2017-12-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

They can't see everything - and it is possible the Report function simply doesn't work.  
2017-12-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I moderate and run a number of forums and we have nothing like the trouble I see here and some other sites.

I also invite others on the forums to offer to moderate, also to report if anything untoward.

With a couple of the forums - we actually formed a 'Sin Bin' section !!  If a post was 'iffy' we could move it there and have a think about it !! We could even invite author to amend post ....

Maybe its time for me to move on from here and let it go ... I don't really need the hassle or insults. I have enough in my job - what with military and civilian demands etc. in areas of the world most people wouldn't want to be !! (Many areas I work in - if you tried to fly a DJI - you would probably end up with a bullet !)

Nigel
2017-12-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use to moderate, it's a fruitless venture and you're darned if you do or darned if you don't.  With that being said, I actually don't even feel like the moderators in these forums are human but perhaps bots.  It could have something to do with language barriers though.  I don't know if everything is understood or taken in the same context by the various cultures on these boards.  Especially since everyone is forced to use English.  I do really like the sin bin idea.  
2017-12-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you have legitimate alternative ways the forum may be improved, please submit your suggestions to the appropriate Service forum section

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;orderby=dateline

RedHotPoker
2017-12-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

RHP ... you and I have have had our differences.

I appreciate your response here.

The section you refer to has been observed to be fruitless and I even suggest that DJI initiated to re-route 'views'. I have used it in the past and had ZERO results.

Nigel
2017-12-5
Use props
JamesWhenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

I treat everyone here as I treat my drone. (Lest I get "flown" into)
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. I think the missing point might be related to  the algorithm of the point is adjusted and many users experience the same situation of losing points. Thanks for your attention.
2017-12-10
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-10 01:27
Hi, sir. I think the missing point might be related to  the algorithm of the point is adjusted and many users experience the same situation of losing points. Thanks for your attention.

Sorry - didn't understand a word of that ....

Nigel
2017-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can reply to and about moderators.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-12-10
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
Thailand

solentlife Posted at 2017-12-4 18:02
Hi .. its actually more than just the two threads.

Yes one is New Years Eve where I just made a silly short comment in fun - as others did. It was deleted without any notice or mention.

There are many of these characters on many different forums covering an array of different subjects.
They tend to be the ones who have been on the longest and some sort of weird territorial/superiority thing going on. In every day life you find they are the type of people that wouldn’t say boo to a goose. If you ever meet them face to face you will find most of them can barely get their words out. They can only speak via a keyboard and display their total lack of social skills when they do. Sad but true unfortunately.
2017-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans417abfbd Posted at 2017-12-10 05:17
There are many of these characters on many different forums covering an array of different subjects.
They tend to be the ones who have been on the longest and some sort of weird territorial/superiority thing going on. In every day life you find they are the type of people that wouldn’t say boo to a goose. If you ever meet them face to face you will find most of them can barely get their words out. They can only speak via a keyboard and display their total lack of social skills when they do. Sad but true unfortunately.

It’s exactly this kind of generalization that can cause people to react , I don’t think there is any call for it and does not add a lot to anything.
2017-12-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-12-10 04:01

Nigel

I think DJI Elektra was trying to refer to happenings over the past few days where people have seen their points value reduced. It would seem that this was caused by system removing posts in an erroneous manner. Perhaps some new super Mod 'Bot' gone mad :-)
2017-12-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

She probably had several windows open and responded to the wrong one
2017-12-10
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-10 06:27
It’s exactly this kind of generalization that can cause people to react , I don’t think there is any call for it and does not add a lot to anything.

But it is a fact ... go on to RC Groups .... within a few days - you will notice exactly that.

Trouble is with Forums ... its a Catch 22.

All forums want more people to post and join. But as the numbers go up - the 'undesirable element appears' ... not only the rude inconsiderate one - but the longstanding one who thinks they have all the answers and post literally anything to contradict the newcomer. Bit like the old Wolf - making its mark.

Forums are supposed to be arena's of discussion and debate. To pass on observations and experiences, to ask questions and receive replies. Its accepted that they will vary and its up to authors to support or not their posts. But what usually happens is a 'playground fight' and the value is lost in an argument that turns others away .. ruins the thread ...

I know I am controversial at times - but that's life. If someone wants to debate properly and without the insults as seen with some here ... then I am all game for it. We all want to learn. But insult me - then they'll get as good as they give.

Nigel
2017-12-10
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-10 01:27

Yes, there has been a blip and some of us have seen posts deleted and points lost, but there is also a time to take a deep breath and count to ten, the blip will be fixed and everything fine again, thats the trouble with algorithms they are Not Human they are computer code, so when they go wrong it takes time to fix.
We are all here to either ask for info, give advice, show our stuff off, what ever, Take a breather - relax -
it will work itself out, it's machine stuff, programming code.
Just Fly and be happy thats what I do, brilliant hobby and fantastic Drones,
bye
davawt
2017-12-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

solentlife Posted at 2017-12-10 08:37
But it is a fact ... go on to RC Groups .... within a few days - you will notice exactly that.

Trouble is with Forums ... its a Catch 22.

I find this forum as good as any other, we must remember we all come from very different cultures we don’t say and do things universally the same, different temperaments etc, and this is a good thing, I also don’t have a problem with mods jumping in when things get a little heated, I’ve been cautioned myself not always correct, but most of the time deserved, I can take it on the chin.

Some people except being told to go read the Manual others are insulted by it, so you can see how something so simple can get out of proportion. Live and let live and hopefully in the new year we will all be a little more patient, and will have a little more knowledge to share.
Good luck.
2017-12-10
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-12-5 07:22
I moderate and run a number of forums and we have nothing like the trouble I see here and some other sites.

I also invite others on the forums to offer to moderate, also to report if anything untoward.

What other forums? Maybe a link, please?
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

solentlife Posted at 2017-12-10 04:01

Nigel

You can get more info in the following thread which explain the calculation of points: https://forum.dji.com/thread-122947-1-1.html.
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-12 04:00
You can get more info in the following thread which explain the calculation of points: https://forum.dji.com/thread-122947-1-1.html. .

File not found.
2017-12-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-122947-1-1.html
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-12 04:24
https://forum.dji.com/thread-123505-1-1.html

yes now !!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Glad you can enter the website. If you have any question, please feel free to ask for help.
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Just so you guys know, I am responsible for 90% of deleted posts. It's a hard job and I depend a lot on the "report" function. I literally go through every single report which could be hundreds a week, and act in a way that I feel is unbiased. There is a very fine line between heated debate and inflammatory behavior and I try my best to act consistently. It is the hardest part of my job, to allow users to feel as free as possible without allowing the forum to devolve into a place of trolls and toxic behavior.

If you ever have an issue, I almost always respond with my reasoning. Just send me a PM or an email at la.support@dji.com.

2017-12-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-12-13 10:01
Just so you guys know, I am responsible for 90% of deleted posts. It's a hard job and I depend a lot on the "report" function. I literally go through every single report which could be hundreds a week, and act in a way that I feel is unbiased. There is a very fine line between heated debate and inflammatory behavior and I try my best to act consistently. It is the hardest part of my job, to allow users to feel as free as possible without allowing the forum to devolve into a place of trolls and toxic behavior.

If you ever have an issue, I almost always respond with my reasoning. Just send me a PM or an email at la.support@dji.com.

Thanks for your work ..not easy we know;)
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules