1205 12 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

So after a few months now with the Mavic Pro, we've added to the arsenal and also use an Osmo+ and some gopro stuff.

Please let me know what you think! - we were excited because having the Osmo+ finallly gave us the chance to do everything in 2.7k / 4k -

2017-12-4
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

oh something i struggled with - having the ND filters on and also the auto light focus - meant that depending on what angle i would fly in, it would auto tune and get SUPER dark.
2017-12-4
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Great video
2017-12-4
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Nice video!
2017-12-4
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

thanks guys! i'm REALLY struggling with the high winds, do you think the Phantom4 would be better for that stuff? I just LOVE the portability of the Mavic Pro...so much so that i now have two for redundancy...

i'd also LOVE to do a night time shot, but am so chicken - are there clip on lights for the mavic like there is for the phantom?

Lastly, I REALLY need to figure out how to color grade to match up Mavic Camera to Osmo+ camera to GoPro Camera to Canon.... T.T
2017-12-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

eyeloveteeth Posted at 2017-12-4 13:44
thanks guys! i'm REALLY struggling with the high winds, do you think the Phantom4 would be better for that stuff? I just LOVE the portability of the Mavic Pro...so much so that i now have two for redundancy...

Phantoms definitely handle the wind better.

These are available, they are just the mounts for $9,
https://www.phantomhelp.com/stor ... Strobe-Light-Mount/

the lights themselves are here
https://www.phantomhelp.com/store/Strobon-Cree-LED-Strobe-Light/

The strobes will probably be to bright and interfere with camera for 0° shots, gimbal @ -10 to -90 might be ok. I would try to find a less powerful light if you just want it for orientation.

Great Video BTW, lots of Post Ed !
2017-12-4
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-4 13:58
Phantoms definitely handle the wind better.

These are available, they are just the mounts for $9,

thank you! i think we need to start thinking about moving towards the Phantom models - as i'm always in high wind areas. But the Mavic is just SO good/portable. (not that the phantom isnt - but it's just bigger)

here's the crazy thing! Other than normal or speed up (it was shot at 24fps 4k) - all the drone footage is straight from the mavic - there is a CP Filter on the mavic though.

yeah, my biggest worry is overwashing the footage with clip on lights. also i dont think tehre is an option like that for the mavic.

the other thing is, HOW are ppl so confident to film at nigh?! i would be so nervous.....

lastly, are flight plan routes any good? I've been so nervous i manually do all the controls
2017-12-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

eyeloveteeth Posted at 2017-12-4 15:27
thank you! i think we need to start thinking about moving towards the Phantom models - as i'm always in high wind areas. But the Mavic is just SO good/portable. (not that the phantom isnt - but it's just bigger)

I personally don't trust DJI's Go Station Pro for IOS, I use Litchi with an IOS platform which is pre-programmable from Litchi Mission Hub. Night flights are a breeze using this App & Platform as the co-ordinates for the mission are d/loaded to the AC at time of Take off and are fully autonomous. Just need to make sure your camera setting are correct before take off. Many U-Tube tutorials on line. Never had the app crash or loss of video signal using I Pad Mini 4. I also fly the P3P & P4P, the P3P is rock solid now that DJI has stopped updating the FW, I am still using the .0602 FW on the P4P after reading many of the horror stories ( especially not being able to revert back to previous FW versions ).

"But the Mavic is just SO good/portable. (not that the phantom isn't - but it's just bigger)" I have the Mavic everywhere & anywhere I go as the brand slogan suggests, but it can't compare to the stability & camera quality of the P4P.
2017-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work.
2017-12-4
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Nice dog!
And video!
2017-12-5
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

thanks guys for the compliments and the info!!
@quadkid why did they stop FW updates?

We need to figure out another place to go - the tricky part is usually REALLY cool places are either not 100% dog friendly or i don't know the area well enough to confidently fly a drone.
2017-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-2-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI