Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Feature for P4P+, download GO app update
1089 9 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wataero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

I may have missed the announcement but I stumbled across a new feature in the latest system update for the P4P+ that has the embedded display.  In past versions the only way to get a new version of the GO app was as part of a system update.  However, when I brought up the drop down system menu it gave me the option of downloading and installing the GO app seperatly.   When it was finished GO app was version 4.1.15.  That's still not current with Android store version of 4.1.18 but that's probably a benefit because most of the bugs can be found for others users before P4P+ users upgrade.  As usual with DJI software, result is a mixed bag.  I haven't seen any new features or capabilities but I've already found some things that don't work., so update at your own risk.

2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Wataero, thanks for sharing your experience. Yeah, the latest RC firmware v1.2.2.0 supports to upgrade DJI GO 4 separately. Could you be more specific of the issue you found? We'd like to help.
2017-12-5
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-5 00:34
Hello Wataero, thanks for sharing your experience. Yeah, the latest RC firmware v1.2.2.0 supports to upgrade DJI GO 4 separately. Could you be more specific of the issue you found? We'd like to help.

"Yeah, the latest RC firmware v1.2.2.0 supports to upgrade DJI GO 4 separately."
How is it going with publish of the release notes that you promised a few moths ago would be published 'later'?
Also a manual/instructions for the dammed app would be appreciated.
2017-12-5
Use props
wataero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-5 00:34

Susan - This particular issue is failure when syncing flight logs.  I like to view flights on iPad with larger display, so I upload flight logs from P4P+ And then sync with GO app on iPad.   It has always worked before I updated.  I opened a trouble ticket with screen shots and copy of sync log, but response from tech support showed such a profound lack of understanding of how the “+” Controllers work that I have little expectation they will be any help.  Tech support asks questions like, “what mobile device are you using?” And have you tried “uninstalling and reinstalling the app?”  Both of which are nonsense for embedded disiplay.   I understand that tech support people have to deal with all of the DJI products and can’t know the details of each but they should at least read the trouble ticket where I clearly identified my aircraft as a P4P+ with embedded display and know enough to forward it to someone more specialized.   
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-5 09:42
"Yeah, the latest RC firmware v1.2.2.0 supports to upgrade DJI GO 4 separately."
How is it going with publish of the release notes that you promised a few moths ago would be published 'later'?
Also a manual/instructions for the dammed app would be appreciated.

KedDK, I've reported your request to the designated team already and hopefully they can consider this. Just to verify, do you encounter any issue with the firmware update?
2017-12-5
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-5 20:16
KedDK, I've reported your request to the designated team already and hopefully they can consider this. Just to verify, do you encounter any issue with the firmware update?

Hard to tell at the moment as i am still waiting it to get returned from dealer after it went a trip to the Netherlands due all the issues.
Just before i packed it down it was upgraded to latest app on the minus RC, Still all the issues and got added some problems with Camera settings flipped back to standard settings after switch to Movie recording or intelligent flight modes.

Hopefully all is as it should be when returned one of these days, but i really have my doubts after all those months of endless trouble.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

wataero Posted at 2017-12-5 11:20
Susan - This particular issue is failure when syncing flight logs.  I like to view flights on iPad with larger display, so I upload flight logs from P4P+ And then sync with GO app on iPad.   It has always worked before I updated.  I opened a trouble ticket with screen shots and copy of sync log, but response from tech support showed such a profound lack of understanding of how the “+” Controllers work that I have little expectation they will be any help.  Tech support asks questions like, “what mobile device are you using?” And have you tried “uninstalling and reinstalling the app?”  Both of which are nonsense for embedded disiplay.   I understand that tech support people have to deal with all of the DJI products and can’t know the details of each but they should at least read the trouble ticket where I clearly identified my aircraft as a P4P+ with embedded display and know enough to forward it to someone more specialized.

Thanks for getting back to us. Is it the same email address you logged in the Forum, right? I've forwarded to the management to investigate and improve the technical skills in the future.

Regarding the flight records synchronization failure, please make sure there is solid network. You can try to login the local website via the build-in screen to verify. If the issue remains, please refer the below and export the log for further assistance, thanks!
/sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/SyncResult
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-5 20:32
Hard to tell at the moment as i am still waiting it to get returned from dealer after it went a trip to the Netherlands due all the issues.
Just before i packed it down it was upgraded to latest app on the minus RC, Still all the issues and got added some problems with Camera settings flipped back to standard settings after switch to Movie recording or intelligent flight modes.

I've checked the case log, the drone works well at that time. If you still have the issues, please start a new thread and offer the details we need, we'll forward to our engineers for double check.
2017-12-6
Use props
Adv57
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46 ft
Italy

What are the new feature in DJI GO 4.1.15?
Thanks
2017-12-9
Use props
Hxicam
lvl.1
United States

Desperately need new security featores in .18, Local Data Mode. When will it be available for the +. HELP!
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules