Cendance Focus, Much Sharper Image. Manual focus assist fail to ...
1197 9 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Getting much sharper images with Manual Focus and the Cendance focusing wheel!

Using DJI Inspire 2 and X5S.  

Sometimes the manual focus assist doesnt pop up, even though it is set to assist?  Anyone else with that issue?
2017-12-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Yes.  Happened to my I2 yesterday where the manual focus zoom window did not pop up when turning the focus wheel  (I was using the add-on Focus Wheel so it seems to be a common bug between the Cendance and the optional Focus Wheel both).  I could click back into Auto Focus in GO 4 and then back into Manual Focus and it would work again.  Some bug exists.  It used to pop up the zoom window and it would linger for a lot longer time and maybe not shrink back down, but it seems to do that less now since the last update.  I think there also was a difference in the zoom/pop-up action between the Video camera and the Still camera when using it too, but I forgot.

Auto Focus may take a couple of hits before it seems sharper with mine too, but it gets there sooner or later.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Can you shoot a video about the situation? What is the model of your device? Thanks for your help.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-4 18:32
Yes.  Happened to my I2 yesterday where the manual focus zoom window did not pop up when turning the focus wheel  (I was using the add-on Focus Wheel so it seems to be a common bug between the Cendance and the optional Focus Wheel both).  I could click back into Auto Focus in GO 4 and then back into Manual Focus and it would work again.  Some bug exists.  It used to pop up the zoom window and it would linger for a lot longer time and maybe not shrink back down, but it seems to do that less now since the last update.  I think there also was a difference in the zoom/pop-up action between the Video camera and the Still camera when using it too, but I forgot.

Auto Focus may take a couple of hits before it seems sharper with mine too, but it gets there sooner or later.

Hi, sir. Please follow the advice in 3# and provide us the information.
2017-12-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-5 01:03
Hi, sir. Please follow the advice in 3# and provide us the information.

Sorry Elektra, but my internet carrier is AT&T DSL and the upload speed is only 0.25mbs so no video uploads are possible from me (It would take a day!).  Too distant from cable or their fiber optics lines so speeds are very slow and about that of old 56K dial-up.  Download may hit 1mbs on a good day.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-5 07:55
Sorry Elektra, but my internet carrier is AT&T DSL and the upload speed is only 0.25mbs so no video uploads are possible from me (It would take a day!).  Too distant from cable or their fiber optics lines so speeds are very slow and about that of old 56K dial-up.  Download may hit 1mbs on a good day.

I see. If you click back the auto focus of go 4, it will work again, right?
2017-12-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have not tried that but I do realize a sharper image with my condense no my I2 w/x5s
2017-12-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-6 03:28
I see. If you click back the auto focus of go 4, it will work again, right?

Yes.  That seems to fix it by switching back and forth between AF and MF when the screen will not zoom in with the MF Assist turned on.  In a while, it might stop zooming in again while focusing.  Bug perhaps.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-12-6 06:27
Yes.  That seems to fix it by switching back and forth between AF and MF when the screen will not zoom in with the MF Assist turned on.  In a while, it might stop zooming in again while focusing.  Bug perhaps.

I see. It will be helpful if you can shoot a video about this situation and I will forward it to our engineers for check. Thanks for your help.
2017-12-8
Use props
JB33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 650177 ft
France

I've got the same problem. The focus assist normaly doesn't work. Sometimes it surprises me by workin unexpected. I doesnt Change  anything in the settings...
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules