Connect iphone to Spark remote control using...
10144 7 2017-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans84a3c1f4
lvl.4
United States

I already have the cable to connect my iphone 6+ to the remote controller but nothing is happening. I still have to use the WIFI internet connection for the two to talk to each other. Is it even possible to use the cable?
2017-12-4
Use props
NormSpark
lvl.4
United States

I got it to work. I had to turn OFF the wifi of my phone then connect the cable.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

NormSpark Posted at 2017-12-4 15:29
I got it to work. I had to turn OFF the wifi of my phone then connect the cable.

Hi, sir. Please note that OTG cable is not fully tested now. We still recommend users use wifi connection. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-4
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1697526 ft
United States

I have to do the following.  1. Power on the remote.  2. Connect the OTG cable to my phone then power up the DJIgo4 app on my phone.  3. Plug the OTG cable into the remote.  4. Turn on the Spark.

I have had the OTG cable pull out of the remote during flight and lost video signal but unplugged it from the remote and plugged it back into the remote and regained video signal.
2017-12-4
Use props
Texas Tornado
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1697526 ft
United States

Also note the OTG cable doesn’t work with firmware updates.
2017-12-4
Use props
NormSpark
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-4 18:10
Hi, sir. Please note that OTG cable is not fully tested now. We still recommend users use wifi connection. Thanks for your cooperation.

And how long Spark has been out? Why DJI won't offer to sell an official cable? Why Spark keep recommending to use the WIFI when so many owners lost their Spark due to a lost WIFI connection?
2017-12-5
Use props
NormSpark
lvl.4
United States

Texas Tornado Posted at 2017-12-4 19:39
Also note the OTG cable doesn’t work with firmware updates.

Of course, for firmware updates, I will use the WIFI connection.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

NormSpark Posted at 2017-12-5 05:48
And how long Spark has been out? Why DJI won't offer to sell an official cable? Why Spark keep recommending to use the WIFI when so many owners lost their Spark due to a lost WIFI connection?

Thanks for your feedback. Our engineers are working on it. And we will work hard to meet the customers' requirement. But it is not supported now.
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules