Disable Smart RTH?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

Is there any way to disable the Smart RTH function in the menu on the P4A?

I thought this used to be an option in the menu but can't seem to find it.

2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It should be a choice that was listed under RTH SETTINGS.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - the slider to enable/disable is under the "aircraft battery" in the GO 4 app.

Edit: It did disappear in a recent version of the app, but was re-introduced following lots of complaints. Check that you have the most recent version.

2017-12-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I don't have a Phantom 4 to check that, but I agree that it should never have been removed.

I still request battery life be returned for the Phantom 3 Pro IOS firmware.

RedHotPoker
2017-12-4
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

I'm on Android v4.1.18 and P4P and it's not there.
2017-12-5
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
United Kingdom

This Smart RTH what is suppost to be? Another kind of return home?
2017-12-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=109987
https://forum.dji.com/thread-99426-1-1.html
2017-12-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

allyssongemelli Posted at 2017-12-5 06:22
This Smart RTH what is suppost to be? Another kind of return home?

Yes, but the description in the P4P manual conflicts with my understanding. I thought it was triggered by the craft deciding that it is at a critical power level and needs to return, and if no action is taken within 10 seconds of the low power warning, the craft will automatically do that (just hope there's no head wind...). The manual describes it as using the camera to fly a safe path home - which I thought was standard when pressing the RTH button.
2017-12-5
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

Yes, my understanding is the "smart" part is that it initiates a RTH when the software calculates you don't have enough battery power to make it to your designated home point.  I had an issue when I lost my mobile connection but still had remote control contact, and then it initiated the RTH; and unfortunately, I temporarily lost visual contact though I was in line of sight. As soon as I realized what was happening, I was able to cancel the RTH and regain control, but don't like that functionality. I don't see it as the same as a low battery warning, though it acts similarly. You can set the Low Battery warning to the level you want. But the "Smart RTH" happens on its own unless you can disable it. There is also a RTH you can do when you simply press the RTH button for 3 seconds, but to me, there's nothing "Smart" in that. I generally considered RTHs to be something to avoid.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey all, the Smart RTH is an option of APP and need to work with the aircraft firmware. For P4, you can find the option in Aircraft Battery. While for P4A/P4P, the option will be available in the APP update. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2017-12-5
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan, but its a function to P4A to enable in app? Or already comes with this smart?
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules