Lagging video feed from the DJI Spark
2140 7 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vonderis
lvl.1
Lithuania

Hello, I'm new here, but I don't know where else to ask for help...
My problem is this - the video feed that I get on my phone (using it with the remote) is super laggy - the screen keeps turning all black or pink or green and the video I do finally get is super behind and/ or choppy. The signal keeps going from great to no signal at all... All of my firmwear seems up to date, so now I'm thinking, could it be the cold wheater? The problem happaned when I flew in 0°C for the first time. I tried to fly today at 1°C and I still had to same problem :/
2017-12-5
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Phone screens have odd colors when they are used while they are cold.  Look at your drone signal chart to see if 2.4ghz is busy.  You want a lot of clear channels to keep the video smooth.  Clear channels used instead of making the drone put its signals on an already busy channel.
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, which type of mobile do you use? The issue only appears in the live video, instead of the original video in SD card, right? Does the issue remain if changed to another recommended mobile device or another open place without interference?
2017-12-5
Use props
Vonderis
lvl.1
Lithuania

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-5 20:26
Hey there, which type of mobile do you use? The issue only appears in the live video, instead of the original video in SD card, right? Does the issue remain if changed to another recommended mobile device or another open place without interference?

I use the Samsung s7 and yes it only appears in the live video, everything on the SD card is perfectly clear. Haven't had a chance to test out another device (the phone worked fine before) or a different location because of a combination of bad weather and lack of time, but when I do get around to it I will try messing with the different signal channels and also hooking up the phone and remote with a usb cable   
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vonderis Posted at 2017-12-6 06:31
I use the Samsung s7 and yes it only appears in the live video, everything on the SD card is perfectly clear. Haven't had a chance to test out another device (the phone worked fine before) or a different location because of a combination of bad weather and lack of time, but when I do get around to it I will try messing with the different signal channels and also hooking up the phone and remote with a usb cable

Thanks for getting back to us. Please keep us posted of the test result, we'll be here for further follow-up.
2017-12-7
Use props
Vonderis
lvl.1
Lithuania

Here's an update - I did test in warmer weather this time, with an empty memory card and after I messed around in the DJI assistant 2 program (uploaded the black box and other files). It works great with the ubs cable and it works fine with the wifi now, so I guess it's fixed now...
2017-12-8
Use props
djiuser_T3kc5vtfZses
New
Flight distance : 249 ft
India

Im new userof dji spark with controllerb and vivo v9 mobile since 1 week and its having video lag problem so what did i do now any suggestions?
2018-10-11
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi folks,

Use a OTG cable. It solved the super laggy video issue I had. Since I use a OTG cable, I have near realtime video on the phone.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules