Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
horizontal lines warped
651 6 2017-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SecaBluePro
Flight distance : 473825 ft
Sweden

I did a job in a Helicopter last week, calibrating my Osmo before flight, and setting off for some 24p 4K footage using manual exposure at 1/50 shutter.
The flight was very slow with slow pans left or right or flying slowly over the subject... however, upon reviewing the footage, while it is perfectly stable with no vibration from the Heli, and there is no evidence of the wavy lines caused by bad rolling shutter, sometimes the horizontal lines (such as straight railway tracks, roads, and building rooflines) have a slight warp to them, making them appear curved.

I have attached a screen shot of the footage in FCPX.

Any ideas?

Andrew.

Osmo warp

Osmo warp

2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please provide more original pictures with this problem for further check. Thanks a lot.
2017-12-5
Use props
SecaBluePro
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-5 20:06
Hi, sir. Please provide more original pictures with this problem for further check. Thanks a lot.

Here is a YT link to the cuts that experienced this.  Take note of the roofline, railway tracks, and road nearest the yard - all dead straight in real life.

2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

SecaBluePro Posted at 2017-12-8 08:12
Here is a YT link to the cuts that experienced this.  Take note of the roofline, railway tracks, and road nearest the yard - all dead straight in real life.

DJI Osmo warped lines

Thanks for your update. I would forward it to our engineers for further check.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

SecaBluePro Posted at 2017-12-8 08:12

DJI Osmo warped lines

Please provide the firmware of your osmo. I would recommend you shoot some building with straight lines in J+R format. Then provide us the files. You can upload them to Dropbox and then post the link here.
2017-12-19
Use props
SecaBluePro
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-19 22:17
Please provide the firmware of your osmo. I would recommend you shoot some building with straight lines in J+R format. Then provide us the files. You can upload them to Dropbox and then post the link here.

How do I find the firmware?   Unfortunately I cannot simply take a helicopter out again and film some buildings for you... and are you suggesting that still shots rather than video is what you need?   I only use the Osmo for video.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SecaBluePro Posted at 2018-1-16 02:46
How do I find the firmware?   Unfortunately I cannot simply take a helicopter out again and film some buildings for you... and are you suggesting that still shots rather than video is what you need?   I only use the Osmo for video.

Sir, firmware version can be found in General Settings--About.
And you do not need to take the helicopter out, you can do a few more tests when you walk or take still pictures/videos to see if the object you focus will get warped. Thank you for your time.
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules